Driving Licence

nonthaburial

I am going back to the UK tomorrow and was trying to rent a car. I noticed in some of the car hire web pages they are requiring both pages of the driving licence. I then sort of realised that the UK have issued new driving licences.

my question is this, I haved an older type driving licence valid until 2017. Is this still useable in the Uk or must one have one of the new type licences.

I am going back to the UK tomorrow and was trying to rent a car. I noticed in some of the car hire web pages they are requiring both pages of the driving licence. I then sort of realised that the UK have issued new driving licences.

my question is this, I haved an older type driving licence valid until 2017. Is this still useable in the Uk or must one have one of the new type licences.

Yes your current old style licence is valid. Further more, whatever address you have for your licence is secure. DVLA entered into a commercial agreement many years ago and as such now sell addresses too many agencies such as Equafax etc. Thus once they started issuing the new style licence your address was thus sold to everyman and his dog to solicit you with all sorts of junk mail, of course with the pecuniary advantage going to the Government. Another of Gordon's "nice little earners"

So to end my rambling, my advice would be to keep your current licence until 2017 unless you want mail to be sent to that address you have given in your application for a new one.