Non Imm O From Thailand

Hi guys,

as I had previously said I have two legal UK passports, to obtain a non immmigrant O visa from the consulate in Hull would I be able to post, from Thailand, my "spare" passport and keep the other with TM6 at home.

I have e-mailed consulate but no reply as yet

KK boy

I don't think it's legal. But you MAY just get away with it until immigration's computer ties the two passports together to one person at which point you're screwed.

If you FLY out on one passport to somewhere like Malaysia and switch passports on the plane coming back, it's possible or even probable that the immigration chap won't look for the exit stamp from the country you've just come from (he'll be so overjoyed at finding someone with a visa).

That said, I'm not going to be the guineapig (even though I too have two UK passports).

There is no way this could work at a land border!!

It is not legal:

5. To apply for a visa, a foreigner must possess a valid passport or travel document that is recognised by the Royal Thai Government and comply with the conditions set forth in the Immigration Act of Thailand B.E.2522 (1979) and its relevant regulations. In addition, the visa applicant must be outside of Thailand at the time of application.

But if you send it from Cambodia or Malaysia I don't see where the problem would be? :o

It is not legal:

5. To apply for a visa, a foreigner must possess a valid passport or travel document that is recognised by the Royal Thai Government and comply with the conditions set forth in the Immigration Act of Thailand B.E.2522 (1979) and its relevant regulations. In addition, the visa applicant must be outside of Thailand at the time of application.

But if you send it from Cambodia or Malaysia I don't see where the problem would be? :o

I'd really hope that arrival and departure stamps line up. :D