Large groups of Thais/foreigners gathering in Pattaya despite COVID-19 concerns

webfact

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

It's not a death sentence out there. Driving a motor vehicle, tobacco, unhealthy diet, preventable cardiovascular disease WAY more dangerous than CV19 the world over...yet none of you frightened scare mongering "existers" give other really real life dangers a second thought. Enjoy existing in your prison. I choose free living:thumbsup:

The same was said about AIDS in the 80's, but I guess you enjoy your freedom and go bare back on short times all around Pattaya. Good luck with that.

I don't enjoy the loss of freedom, but I understand the need for it, unlike yourself. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

It's not a death sentence out there I choose free living:thumbsup:

Acceptable. But do it in a way that doesn't harm others. Otherwise regulations protecting "others" will be applied. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Locals were fearful about the spread of the virus and would not dare to pass such an illegal gathering, they reported.

yes sure, locals ,,,  who brings the money to the people so there's food and drink?  fearful for what, there are 100 people having the virus in thailand??

And who the want to come back to thailand, yes the ones who bring it to the rest of the world!! Chinese...

People sit at home for a long time, nothing to do, and be glad to can go outside..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The same was said about AIDS in the 80's, but I guess you enjoy your freedom and go bare back on short times all around Pattaya. Good luck with that.

I don't enjoy the loss of freedom, but I understand the need for it, unlike yourself. 

YEP...no prob ever. Nor anyone I know. No one I know even knows of anyone, anywhere that had it, ever. NONE. Chance of getting HIV vaginally is microscopically miniscule. Near impossible. Needle users and anal-izers are at risk. They predicted Thailand was gonna be wiped out from it. They couldn't have gotten it more wrong. After 25 years here...still don't know anyone who ever knew anyone that had/has it. Anywhere. Ever. :1zgarz5:

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

YEP...no prob ever. Nor anyone I know. No one I know even knows of anyone, anywhere that had it, ever. NONE. Chance of getting HIV vaginally is microscopically miniscule. Near impossible. Needle users and anal-izers are at risk. They predicted Thailand was gonna be wiped out from it. They couldn't have gotten it more wrong. After 25 years here...still don't know anyone who ever knew anyone that had/has it. Anywhere. Ever. :1zgarz5:

How many people have you actually asked whether they had HIV ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's been leading up to this for years with the military in charge, lower suk in BKK was a vibrant place to be until 6am and slowly the the current regime have killed it off.

My favorite was the little bars on the sidewalk.....Now that was fun....

17 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

I personally knew two that have died here.  One a foreigner, one a bar girl, and I haven't lived here full time for that long. 

Who knows how many bar girls go back to Issan to die in the surrounds of their family.

Viruses don't discriminate, and airborne viruses are particularly dangerous.

What makes you think Covid-19 doesn't mutate into Covid-20 and wipe out hundreds of thousands more, if not millions more? It's already mutate several times.

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

Somewhat ridiculous, isn’t it?

Fear of getting in infected, need to take action, why ?

Either, they are telling us, all Covid-19 statistics in Thailand are fake:

- 30 days no local Covid infection in TH

- more than 60 days no local Covid infection in Chonburi

Or: it is impossible, that people infect each other, because there is no one, who could infect you !

... So stop all those funny social distancing rules (most won’t help anyway, they are just for show, check the scientific studies)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Leaver said:

O please most girls will go bareback in Pattaya.....Did you not know condoms are bad for business...

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

What makes you think Covid-19 doesn't mutate into Covid-20 and wipe out hundreds of thousands more, if not millions more? It's already mutate several times.

Sure, and tomorrow, the sky might crash on your head or a meteor will wipe out Mother Earth ????

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

Sure, and tomorrow, the sky might crash on your head or a meteor will wipe out Mother Earth ????

Sure, and Hepatitis A didn't become B, and C, and D and E. 

Keep an eye on the sky.   ????

36 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Sure, and Hepatitis A didn't become B, and C, and D and E. 

Keep an eye on the sky.   ????

After very many years here all I can tell you is that many sex tourists don't care. If the girl wants to use a condom they kick her out. But needless to say that Thailand has a great bar business... and sadly the country accepts it. 

Edited by Oldie

22 minutes ago, Oldie said:

After very many years here all I can tell you is that many sex tourists don't care. If the girl wants to use a condom they kick her out. But needless to say that Thailand has a great bar business... and sadly the country accepts it. 

I wasn't directing my initial comment towards HIV and unprotected sex. 

My comment was about how airborne Covid-19, that predominately kills the elderly, could easily mutate into Covid-20, Covid-21, and so on, which MAY have the ability to kill anyone, or even everyone infected, but hey, as long as bars open, that's the main thing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

Viruses don't discriminate, and airborne viruses are particularly dangerous.

You want to qualify 'airborne'. The virus is transmitted by droplets. If the droplets are airborne then it can be transmitted. If the droplets evaporate then there is not enough virus load for infection. That's  why masks are important: while the virus can easily get through a mask, droplets cannot. 

8 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

8 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

It's not a death se tobacco, unhealthy diet, preventable cardiovascular disease WAY more dangerous than CV19 the world over

Covid19 is very dangerous for unhealthy lifestyles,  the three main co-morbidities ate obesity, diabetes and hypertension. 

Edited by morrobay

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nightwish are a bit of a mystery to me. How have they managed to survive with 29 bars? without rent stopping they'd struggle, they weren't cash rich.

Generally girls are accepting less cash lately so a BF of 500 isn't great.

The Soi Pothole bars were always dead when i passed and girls below average at best

Nightwish also solicit donations dressed up as investments.

Soi Pothole.... even those who are not girls are below par.

Yes Thailand  just sit or stand shoulder to shoulder and trust that the stranger

next to you is only coughing and sneezing due to allergies,  No covid 19 in Thailand, 

if you believe the government and their fantastic low numbers. Good luck

and if you do get sick with it, please tell us how it was so much like the regular

flu.  Thanks

Geezer

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

A friend of mine is in Pattaya and he is getting girls for 300 thb ST, must be desparate times.

and just where is the short time taking place, does that 300Bt include the short time hotels? I don't think so.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

It's not a death sentence out there. Driving a motor vehicle, tobacco, unhealthy diet, preventable cardiovascular disease WAY more dangerous than CV19 the world over...yet none of you frightened scare mongering "existers" give other really real life dangers a second thought. Enjoy existing in your prison. I choose free living:thumbsup:

Everything in life is a risk. You have to balance the risks or just stay locked up in your room. Road deaths 30-40,000, Covid deaths 58. I know which one i am most scared of.

• Like 1

Restaurant owners closed it down.  This 'illegal gathering' has been a daily occurrence since bar and restaurant closings over 3 months ago.

I live on second street, so I have to use it for one way daily to get to and from home.

It's 50/50 Thais and non Thais.

Mostly  never thought too much about it.

Although I did nickname it "Degenerate's Row" lol.

Then I started hearing music being played again, with restaurants open.  

It started to start feeling like life was being re-injected into the city.

Then I saw the Pub/restaurant close.  I wondered why.

then the open pub/restaurant next to Tree HHouse close again after just being open two weeks.

I was thinking the new medspa clinic that was just built was buying them out? Or maybe they complained.  (What and why you would build a clinic in a bar/entertainment district is beyond me.  What else would you expect as passerby's?

But, then it hit me.  Nobody cared all these months thhat people were drinking out there and gathering...

until restaurants could serve alcohol again.  Almost to the day, that's when that gathering space was dispersed.

I'm now going to retire my honorary Sherlock Holmes badge and get some work done for the day. 

Edited by Dart12

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

Everything in life is a risk. You have to balance the risks or just stay locked up in your room. Road deaths 30-40,000, Covid deaths 58. I know which one i am most scared of.

We keep seeing this so called comparision to road deaths,  those supporting guns do it too, and it is completely invalid!

• Confused 1