60 day extension on a non-o marriage visa

If married to a Thai you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit them. You would be extending the 90 day permit to stay from your visa not your visa.

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply. 

You will need or your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached and 1900 baht for the fee.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, sotonfarang said:

Are non-o visas included in the amnesty until end of July?

Yes

You can wait until on or before July 31st to apply for the 60 day extension unless they extend the amnesty.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sotonfarang said:

No they are in Surin...

Are non-o visas included in the amnesty until end of July?

Mine runs out next Friday

Your permission of stay is automatically extended currently until 31st July.

Nearer the time a further announcement will be made either with a date ending the amnesty, or extending it to a further date.

You can only apply for one 60 day extension to each 90 day entry, so wait until the end date of the amnesty is known and apply just before the end date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

You can wait until on or before July 31st to apply for the 60 day extension unless they extend the amnesty.

Obviously there's a difference between visa expiry date (ie “valid until”) and the expiry of the 90 days' stay. But is Immigration treating the two the same for the purpose of the amnesty?

I have a multi non-O marriage visa valid till July 3; I'm already past the 90-days (May 26). I was assuming I'm 'covered' for the latter but I would have to get something (a 60-day extension) by/before July 3.

Or can I leave it till nearer July 30? That would be good, but is it risky?

28 minutes ago, Disparate Dan said:

Obviously there's a difference between visa expiry date (ie “valid until”) and the expiry of the 90 days' stay. But is Immigration treating the two the same for the purpose of the amnesty?

I have a multi non-O marriage visa valid till July 3; I'm already past the 90-days (May 26). I was assuming I'm 'covered' for the latter but I would have to get something (a 60-day extension) by/before July 3.

Or can I leave it till nearer July 30? That would be good, but is it risky?

Leave it until the end date of amnesty is announced. Currently July 31st, but could be extended to a further date.

The amnesty automatically extends your permission of stay (not the Visa validity).

The period of visa validity is different from the period of stay.

Visa validity is the period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand. 

On the other hand, the period of stay is granted by an immigration officer upon arrival at the port of entry and in accordance with the type of visa.

• Like 1

I got a one year multi-entry Non-O based of marriage in February.  My 90 days expired in May, but like everyone else I am able to stay until July 31.  

I am currently planning on what to do if the July 31 deadline is not extended further. 

Right now I'm leaning toward a 60 day extension, and am wondering if necessary I will still be able to apply for a one year extension at the end of the 60 day extension. 

I assume I will be able to do this, but would appreciate confirmation.

Thank you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Right now I'm leaning toward a 60 day extension, and am wondering if necessary I will still be able to apply for a one year extension at the end of the 60 day extension. 

It depends upon whether immigration considers the "automatic extension" under the amnesty a extension of your 90 day entry from the non-o visa or not. 

The 60 day extension would be not make any difference either way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

I am currently planning on what to do if the July 31 deadline is not extended further. 

IMHO the amnesty will be extended until such time the land borders can open without restrictions either way. You can then do a border run to obtain a new 90 day entry.

4 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

As UJ states, the only one that can give you a definite answer on that is your local Immigration office.

Now is a good time to visit to enquire as they are empty of the usual crowd.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon whether immigration considers the "automatic extension" under the amnesty a extension of your 90 day entry from the non-o visa or not. 

Sorry, but I don't really understand this.  My visa is valid until Feb. 2021 and my 90 day didn't expire until May.

Thanks for your patience. ????

41 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

My visa is valid until Feb. 2021 and my 90 day didn't expire until May.

You visas validity means nothing now since you are in the country already.

The only thing that matters is your permit to stay your visa allowed. That would be a entry allowed by a non immigrant visa.

But if immigration does not consider the "automatic extension" as a extension of that entry you could not apply for a one year extension. They might consider it as being equal to a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You visas validity means nothing now since you are in the country already.

The only thing that matters is your permit to stay your visa allowed. That would be a entry allowed by a non immigrant visa.

But if immigration does not consider the "automatic extension" as a extension of that entry you could not apply for a one year extension. They might consider it as being equal to a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Could you elaborate a bit more - you mean, that for someone who has already stayed past their 60 day visit wife extension and falls into the amnesty period, immigration may not issue a 1-year extension? Or they will, but will backdate it to start on the end date of the 60-day extension?

On the other hand, a 60-day extension can be applied for anytime before the end of the amnesty (even if the original 90 days have expired), upon which a 1-year extension can be made, correct?

Edited by drbeach

8 hours ago, drbeach said:

Could you elaborate a bit more - you mean, that for someone who has already stayed past their 60 day visit wife extension and falls into the amnesty period, immigration may not issue a 1-year extension?

Yes

When the 60 day ends and a person then falls under the "automatic extension" immigration may not accept a application for a one year extension of stay due to them not considering it an extension of the non-o visa entry.

8 hours ago, drbeach said:

On the other hand, a 60-day extension can be applied for anytime before the end of the amnesty (even if the original 90 days have expired), upon which a 1-year extension can be made, correct?

No Same as above.

I have suggested if a person who plans on applying for a one year extension they should apply for a 60 day before the their 90 day entry ends to get more time to apply for the one year extension near the end of the 60 day extension.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

When the 60 day ends and a person then falls under the "automatic extension" immigration may not accept a application for a one year extension of stay due to them not considering it an extension of the non-o visa entry.

No Same as above.

I have suggested if a person who plans on applying for a one year extension they should apply for a 60 day before the their 90 day entry ends to get more time to apply for the one year extension near the end of the 60 day extension.

But both yourself and several other posters have stated repeatedly on different threads that a 60-day extension should still be possible even after the 90 days has expired, if done within the amnesty period (this means no later than July 31).

My intention is to do it that way...now I have reason to be worried again.

I want to do the 60 day extension and then MAYBE do the 1-year extension in September, if borders aren't open by then.

What are my options? Or should I contact an agent?

33 minutes ago, drbeach said:

But both yourself and several other posters have stated repeatedly on different threads that a 60-day extension should still be possible even after the 90 days has expired, if done within the amnesty period (this means no later than July 31).

I have not changed my statement about that. It will be a problem to do that.

34 minutes ago, drbeach said:

I want to do the 60 day extension and then MAYBE do the 1-year extension in September, if borders aren't open by then.

The only part of that that could be a problem is applying for the one year extension. You could ask your local immigration office about it.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I have not changed my statement about that. It will be a problem to do that.

The only part of that that could be a problem is applying for the one year extension. You could ask your local immigration office about it.

Just to clarify further, because it doesn't quite make sense to me:

So the 60 day extension can be done anytime before the amnesty expires and it starts on the day applied for. That has been made clear to me several times including by private message. Stamp expired June 4th. If I apply July 27th, I get until September 25th (rather than August 2nd). Normally, I would need to apply before the expiration of the original 90 day stamp, but this time is a special case due to the amnesty.

What I don't understand is, why wouldn't the 1-year extension be possible, extending on from a 60-day extension? A lot of people, even during normal times, would surely do the following: 90 day stamp on arrival, then 60 day extension before the end of that (the only thing that's different now is the amnesty), and then 1-year before the expiration of the 60 day stamp.

Am I missing something, because logically that's how it should be done? I will of course find out by going to immigration soon, but if they can do a 60-day extension during the amnesty after you 90 day stamp expires, then a 1-year extension of the 60 day stamp would surely be no issue if you meet the financial requirements?

13 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Just to clarify further, because it doesn't quite make sense to me:

So the 60 day extension can be done anytime before the amnesty expires and it starts on the day applied for. That has been made clear to me several times including by private message. Stamp expired June 4th. If I apply July 27th, I get until September 25th (rather than August 2nd). Normally, I would need to apply before the expiration of the original 90 day stamp, but this time is a special case due to the amnesty.

What I don't understand is, why wouldn't the 1-year extension be possible, extending on from a 60-day extension? A lot of people, even during normal times, would surely do the following: 90 day stamp on arrival, then 60 day extension before the end of that (the only thing that's different now is the amnesty), and then 1-year before the expiration of the 60 day stamp.

Am I missing something, because logically that's how it should be done? I will of course find out by going to immigration soon, but if they can do a 60-day extension during the amnesty after you 90 day stamp expires, then a 1-year extension of the 60 day stamp would surely be no issue if you meet the financial requirements?

I think UJ is suggesting that because the Non O Visa allowed a  90 day stay at at time  but/and  requiring a re entry based on the validity term of the  Visa that an extension granted under the  amnesty is not automatically seen as a "normal" circumstance and therefore gives  IO a discretionary  right of  refusal to consider it as grounds for an annual extension  if the 60 day  extension  was asked for and granted  "after" the  90 day original term of entry. Whereas if an extension had been  granted near end of the  original 90 day entry it would be considered a  normal circumstance and  so an application for an annual could be further made.

So  basically  it comes down to a polite  question to  your  own Imm Office  about how they will treat it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

May as well post my questions here than start a new thread as its in regards to:

60 day extension on a non-o marriage visa in year 2023

The following docs will be required... anything I've missed?

• Passport (original).
  • Photocopy of passport.
  • Photocopy of visa / stamp
  • House certificate / copy of lease agreement at the APT/condo you stay in. (original if you have it). It must have your signature and the owner's signature on it.
  • A signed copy of the home owner's ID card – if not your wife.
  • Wife’s Tabien Baan (copy is fine). This is the house document for the home where she is officially registered.
  • Wife's ID card (original to be shown, but also have a copy with you)
  • Marriage Certificate (original and copy).
  • Lastly...1,900 baht!

My only concern is my Bangkok apartment contract - as its only done in one name only (my wife) that is APT company policy, so will the form (TM.30) below be OK for my residence details?

The other question is, my 90 day visa is up on 25 FEB ...if i go to Chaeng Wattana say 3 weeks before 25 FEB...will my 60 day extension start from 25 FEB?

In other words whats the earliest i can apply for the 60 day extension?

Anyone done this recently do chime in, as always hoping the forums visa expert @ubonjoe will be along shortly...????

NOTIFICATION FORM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED (TM.30)

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/28แบบการแจ้งรับคนต่างด้าวเข้าพักอาศัย.pdf

APPLICATION FOR EXTENSION OF TEMPORARY STAY IN THE KINGDOM - TM7

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/14คำขออนุญาตเพื่ออยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวต่อไป-ตม.7.pdf

5 minutes ago, CaptainPeacock said:

so will the form (TM.30) below be OK for my residence details?

For a 60 day extension to visit wife that will be fine.

Regarding when your extension start date that will be from end of your current permit regardless of when you apply. 

• Thanks 1