Dixie Chicks drop Dixie from name; country group tries to 'meet the moment'

webfact

10 minutes ago, roo860 said:

All the above were performers, she was a screeching Scouser.

Who had seventeen top 20 hits, and a LOT of money, I mean A LOT. The highest paid female entertainer in UK.

I wonder why Burt Bacharach and McCartney wrote songs especially for her. 

I bet she was screeching from above last night.    LOL

I see these BLM supporters have even torn down a staute of the Unions greatest general Grant in the Golden gate park and attacked other Union staues. What's the logic there? Most are CSA of course but Columbus is included, did he ever set foot in Amercia? Shameful vandalism on a massive scale, even George Washington has been taken down, madness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monuments_and_memorials_removed_during_the_George_Floyd_protests

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Faulty logic often crops up about the civil war. Nobody claims slavery was a decent institiution, but many like to make out it was only white southerners who were involved when the whole country was built on slavery and 11 presidents up until 1860 had been slave owners at some time.

Freeing the slaves has become a smokecreen excuse for the war when at the time it was not seen as such. If it was about slavery why did not Lincoln free the slaves in the north at the start? and how could the south be involed in a war to keep salvery when the Union had not threatended to end it? Lincoln never freed any slaves in the north and famously said if he could have saved the Union without freeing any slaves or some and not others he would have.

Slavery could have been ended as it was in most other coutries- peacefully, but Lincoln decided an invasion and laying waste to his own country was the only way to go. As for escaped freed slaves making it to the north they were refused entry to some states and put into camps in others, sometimes refered to as the first concentration camps. Had he lived Lincoln had a plan to ship many back to Liberia whether they liked it or not.

Slavery was evil but a war to force the CSA back into the Union which they legally left was also, cost at least 620k lives and ruined the country. Sherman of course beat, raped and split families apart as well on his Georgia terror campaign. It was not all one side bad the other all rightious and heroic. Freeing slaves (in theory) was a tactic to win the war, and preserve the Union not the cause.

Quite so, the Union General Sherman was one of the originators of "Total War" and one of the main culprits of the cruelty which characterized the civil war.

Before the war, Sherman at times even expressed some sympathy with the view of Southern whites that the black race was benefiting from slavery, during the Civil War, Sherman declined to employ black troops in his armies.

The notion that the North did not cause war crimes and was not in its leadership racist is ludicrous.

If they abolish Dixie they should start abolishing the entire USA.

• Like 1

When I lived in Kentucky there was highway I took to get into Louisville and it was called “Dixie Highway”.  Does Jefferson County have to change every sign with the word “Dixie” on it? 

I wonder what Toby Keith is thinking right now? 

19 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Who had seventeen top 20 hits, and a LOT of money, I mean A LOT. The highest paid female entertainer in UK.

I wonder why Burt Bacharach and McCartney wrote songs especially for her. 

I bet she was screeching from above last night.    LOL

I wonder why as well! 

As for McCartney, ????

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Quite so, the Union General Sherman was one of the originators of "Total War" and one of the main culprits of the cruelty which characterized the civil war.

Before the war, Sherman at times even expressed some sympathy with the view of Southern whites that the black race was benefiting from slavery, during the Civil War, Sherman declined to employ black troops in his armies.

The notion that the North did not cause war crimes and was not in its leadership racist is ludicrous.

If they abolish Dixie they should start abolishing the entire USA.

In almost all wars both sides commit war crimes. At first WW2 was portraited that the allies never die anything wrong but for instance the firebombing of Dresden and shooting of unarmed Germans was wrong too. Germans also did their part in war crimes. So it happened on both sides like in most wars. 

• Like 1

Can't even say white lives matter without loosing your job...I hope he takes the company to court for unfair dismissal. I wonder how many of these kneeling sportsmen, police and other high profile people really don't want to but know they will be attacked, sacked and ostricised if they don't. Talk about racism and racism...the irony of it all...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Can't even say white lives matter without loosing your job...I hope he takes the company to court for unfair dismissal. I wonder how many of these kneeling sportsmen, police and other high profile people really don't want to but know they will be attacked, sacked and ostricised if they don't. Talk about racism and racism...the irony of it all...

An Asian lecturer at Cambrige Uni in the UK wrote white lives do not matter, and depsite a lot of protests they made her a professor!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8460059/Cambridge-University-backs-academic-tweeted-White-Lives-Dont-Matter.html

Edited by Orton Rd

23 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Faulty logic often crops up about the civil war. Nobody claims slavery was a decent institiution, but many like to make out it was only white southerners who were involved when the whole country was built on slavery and 11 presidents up until 1860 had been slave owners at some time.

Freeing the slaves has become a smokecreen excuse for the war when at the time it was not seen as such. If it was about slavery why did not Lincoln free the slaves in the north at the start? and how could the south be involed in a war to keep salvery when the Union had not threatended to end it? Lincoln never freed any slaves in the north and famously said if he could have saved the Union without freeing any slaves or some and not others he would have.

Slavery could have been ended as it was in most other coutries- peacefully, but Lincoln decided an invasion and laying waste to his own country was the only way to go. As for escaped freed slaves making it to the north they were refused entry to some states and put into camps in others, sometimes refered to as the first concentration camps. Had he lived Lincoln had a plan to ship many back to Liberia whether they liked it or not.

Slavery was evil but a war to force the CSA back into the Union which they legally left was also, cost at least 620k lives and ruined the country. Sherman of course beat, raped and split families apart as well on his Georgia terror campaign. It was not all one side bad the other all rightious and heroic. Freeing slaves (in theory) was a tactic to win the war, and preserve the Union not the cause.

not just "white southerners."  how 'bout not just southerners?  before the war there were thousands of black slaveowners, owning thousands of fellow blacks.

not as many as whites of course.  about 1% of free blacks owned slaves, whereas around one quarter of white families owned one or more.  (percentage not directly comparable - individuals vs. families).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

Chicks is such an offensive word to women everywhere.  Henceforth this band should change the name to, "The Afficionados of Music Originating in Southern States of the Unitd States of America Performed by Individuals Self Identifying as Being of the Femal Gender."    Simple!

very pithy. 

2 hours ago, stouricks said:

And we'd have Agadoo by *LACE, The *Eyed Peas, * is * by Los Bravos, *BIRD by Paul McCartney.

But then, why just ban the B word, why not White as well. Nights in *Satin by Moody, can we say Blues? * and * by Michael Jackson and others, 

When will it all end.

The late singer Black was actually white European. 

Sensitive black Afro-Caribbeans, Afro-Americans and those BLM protesters could well find that making them feel as if their whole live was demeaning and throw them into personal crisis. Understandably their crisis might lead them to riot, assault police and thieve expensive branded goods produced by slave labor.

Any recordings, films, YouTube posts etc should all carry explanations that Black, the late singer, was actually white and was not pretending to be black or cash in on the fantastic talents of black singers. His royalty beneficiaries should be forced to make a sizable donation to black charities that only benefit black people which isn't racism as only blacks can be victims  not white oppressors.

SARCASM ALERT

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tifino said:

Statue Of Liberty could create a decent tsunami... 

Got to come down mate.

First it was given by France - a colonial power with major racist past.

Second, it represents freedom - but only for the white oppressors.

Take it down and declare Ellis Island an autonomous zone!

• Like 1

My mixed race ( Afro-Caribbean and British) Step Grandson is 24 years old and with his colour and looks he gets more girls than I can ever count, same for my mixed race ( Thai/ British) daughter (boys, not girls, in her case). I very much doubt that they would change places with any of their many pasty faced mates. As far as I know, they have never experienced any racism, at least they have never mentioned it if they have.  

• Like 1

Are these people still taking money?It has some bad pictures on some of the bills.

Madness!!!

Make the USA(and all other countries) use common sense again!

Are we going to be afraid of every one who has a grievance?

Where the hell is this going to end?

You can't change the past. Suck it up, snowflakes, lefties, rioters (they don't care anyhow ) and all the others who think it is so unfair. Go back to work and build your country.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

My mixed race ( Afro-Caribbean and British) Step Grandson is 24 years old and with his colour and looks he gets more girls than I can ever count, same for my mixed race ( Thai/ British) daughter (boys, not girls, in her case). I very much doubt that they would change places with any of their many pasty faced mates. As far as I know, they have never experienced any racism, at least they have never mentioned it if they have.  

My mixed race (Thai/American) kids who were mainly raised in the US never experienced any form of racism that I am aware of. 

The only time one told of an incident involving racism was a story told by my most mischievous son, who was also the most lackadaisical about academics. He and his Korean friend spent the evening before a science test playing computer games rather than studying. They scored lowest in the class on a test the next day. Upon hearing this they jokingly made remarks about the test having an anti Asian racial bias. Rather than identifying this as humor, like every student in the class, the mortified teacher immediately yielded to the accusations of his unintended racism and raised their test scores by 10 points. 

My son and his friend thought this was absolutely hilarious.

• Like 1