More easing of lockdown to be announced on Monday

webfact

More easing of lockdown to be announced on Monday

By The Nation

800_c968ea330e83bf1.jpg?v=1593156050

The government is finalising further relaxations in lockdown measures and will make the announcement on Monday, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), said on Friday (June 26).

He said that there are five matters to be finalised on June 29, as people await further relaxations in the fifth phase for pubs, bars, entertainment venues, and massage parlours.

Among the likely decisions are:

▪︎Limited entry into the country for foreigners, though allowing tourists under travel bubble agreements has been postponed to August;

▪︎Extension of the state of emergency;

▪︎School opening confirmation for the minority children on the border;

▪︎Easing the one-metre social distancing measure in public transport to at least one-foot distance and compulsory wearing of masks by passengers throughout the journey.

As Thailand reached 32 days without a domestic case, Dr Taweesin warned against complacency, citing the example of China which once did not have any cases for 52 consecutive days before being jolted by an outbreak last week. New Zealand also has reported new cases recently.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390347

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-26

2 hours ago, nikmar said:

Everyday I get a bus into Bang Na from Udom Suk and there is barely inches between people. Last night, on the 48, there was a scrum of people standing. I was squeezed so close to a lady boy i could post on the "have you ever had a sexual encounter with a ladyboy" thread.

Well come on tell us, whom did what to who? 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, nikmar said:

Everyday I get a bus into Bang Na from Udom Suk and there is barely inches between people. Last night, on the 48, there was a scrum of people standing. I was squeezed so close to a lady boy i could post on the "have you ever had a sexual encounter with a ladyboy" thread.

I thought we weren't allowed to ride busses right now.

17 hours ago, drbeach said:

Probably because the ultra conservative government hates fun? They are worse than many Muslim countries.

Not true, I have worked with some high ups in the Thai government and I can tell you first hand that not only can they out party us, they know a lot more fun places ????

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Thailand was on lock down a few weeks ago and gradually the restrictions are being eased .

Lol. Your answer presumed I dont live in Thailand? I suppose it depends on where you are in Thailand, no lockdown where I Live.

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

I thought we weren't allowed to ride busses right now.

It should be all back to normal. May be others can confirm?

You are most likely referring to state run interprovincial bus services, they did ban Farangs for some time.  

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Wasnt the recent night curfew a nationwide curfew ?

Of course it was, but that is not a lockdown, its a restriction during curfew hours, free movement other times. A lockdown implies that you cannot leave your home at all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paiman said:

It should be all back to normal. May be others can confirm?

You are most likely referring to state run interprovincial bus services, they did ban Farangs for some time.  

I read on a FB group today that bus travel between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai was allowed by farang. 

Edited by Zack61
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 1 said:

Let's hope this common sense approach extends itself do the entertainment industry rules! 

You lost the post at Common Sense .. If they keep the no Pool or Darts rule when “Restaurants” 555 with pool tables have been playing then the phrase should be banned “;0)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 1 said:

Let's hope this common sense approach extends itself do the entertainment industry rules! 

Easing to one foot. Now that's a joke if nothing else is. People don't think. There is actually a reason for the 2 metre social distancing. You can just see the travel bubble idea bursting in front of the thai government as they do not have a scooby door ????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 1 said:

Easing to one foot. Now that's a joke if nothing else is. People don't think. There is actually a reason for the 2 metre social distancing. You can just see the travel bubble idea bursting in front of the thai government as they do not have a scooby door ????

19 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

I just got a haircut!

Can anyone - again- explain to me, why THAT was okay, but I can not sit in a pub, with a mate and have a beer?

I thought you had to wear a mask to get a haircut?

But that may have been in Australia ???