More easing of lockdown to be announced on Monday

webfact

Here's a bit of good old Thai logic or stupidity. My wife holds a full bar and restaurant license. Went to Makro the other day to stock up on booze. This is the  first time since closing a couple of months ago so did not know we can not buy booze until 11.00 . Holding a license we are allowed to buy 10 liters at any time but in their wisdom this has been stopped. So had to hang around for two hours as Makro is an hours drive from the restaurant. So now had to queue up to get into Makro then we got to the booze aisle aabout 10.50 but was stopped entering until 11.00. So now there is queue of 20 people trying to get down a crowded aisle. I asked why not let people in and then they can carry on doing the rest of their shopping as can't pay until 11.00 any. Just one of those stupid inane Thai  smiles. So then queue to pay. Hence instead of staggering the amount of people trying to buy alcohol they have made it ten times worse. with their total stupidity. Plus then we lost nearly a days trading because of these morons. Sorry needed to get that rant over

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

This is completely wrong. Vietnam is closed, New Zealand is closed until at least 31st December and Thailand has still to make an announcement on coming Monday, 29th. June. Where do they get this wrong information from a broken crystal ball or what?

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Families can again book summer getaways after ministers agreed last night to open air corridors with dozens of countries. The partial dismantling of Priti Patel's quarantine scheme means UK holidaymakers will be able to return home without having to self-isolate for 14 days. Under the traffic light system, countries will be rated green, amber or red based (right) on infection levels, the reliability of official data and confidence in test and trace systems.

'Traffic light system' for holiday destinations that will let Brits go on holiday to the safest destinations WITHOUT having to quarantine for two weeks is set to come into force on July 6  

Traffic light system for safest destinations will be introduced so families can book

23 hours ago, rott said:
On 6/26/2020 at 4:10 PM, nikmar said:

Everyday I get a bus into Bang Na from Udom Suk and there is barely inches between people. Last night, on the 48, there was a scrum of people standing. I was squeezed so close to a lady boy i could post on the "have you ever had a sexual encounter with a ladyboy" thread.

Well come on tell us, whom did what to who? 

The technical term is were you a 'top' or a 'bottom'.

Or so I read somewhere...

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 6:27 PM, rott said:

I agree , was it really necessary to squeeze up to a LB , I know I did it a couple of years ago in an empty pub but THAT is where I usualy sit ! You sit in my seat I sit on your lap.

6 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:
On 6/26/2020 at 6:27 PM, rott said:

I agree , was it really necessary to squeeze up to a LB , I know I did it a couple of years ago in an empty pub but THAT is where I usualy sit ! You sit in my seat I sit on your lap.

Have we met?...

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

So have the UK papers got it wrong today---they have Thailand as open for business from the 6th of July

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Families can again book summer getaways after ministers agreed last night to open air corridors with dozens of countries. The partial dismantling of Priti Patel's quarantine scheme means UK holidaymakers will be able to return home without having to self-isolate for 14 days. Under the traffic light system, countries will be rated green, amber or red based (right) on infection levels, the reliability of official data and confidence in test and trace systems.

'Traffic light system' for holiday destinations that will let Brits go on holiday to the safest destinations WITHOUT having to quarantine for two weeks is set to come into force on July 6  

Traffic light system for safest destinations will be introduced so families can book

Might be fot the quarantine at UK end. Thailand could still require 14 days. So instead of 28 days, 14 on both sides, it's just be 14. Yay. Unless of course there's an outbreak and you get the full 28 day welcome to Thailaaaan treatment.

14 hours ago, Millcx said:

You lost the post at Common Sense .. If they keep the no Pool or Darts rule when “Restaurants” 555 with pool tables have been playing then the phrase should be banned “;0)

I could not agree more. The whole situation is a joke. Restaurants that don't actually serve food, but do serve drink and let their customers get blind drunk whilst playing pool and darts are allowed to open, bars are still shut.  That is, apart from Thai bars, like the one just down the road from me, where 80 - 100+ congregate every night and get also get blind drunk, with no regard for social distancing, before wobbling off down the road on their scooters.  A fiasco is a polite way of putting it.  The morons running this country have no idea what they are doing and, as I have said many times before, are simply hammering the poor and weak into submission and an early death.

Edited by mikosan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

So, still no bars, pubs or clubs - maybe the Thai Temperance Society within the "establishment" is still having a say????

In CM many of them are open. The bars and clubs around Zoe's have been open since 19th June and the bars over by the boxing 'stadium' on Loi Kroh have been open since 21st June.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kamma said:

In CM many of them are open. The bars and clubs around Zoe's have been open since 19th June and the bars over by the boxing 'stadium' on Loi Kroh have been open since 21st June.

Some of the bars have opened , quite a few have remained closed

On 6/27/2020 at 9:05 AM, sandyf said:

I got a haircut a couple of weeks ago but had to wear a mask. Temperature checking and hand sanitiser before entry.

Do you really think that people will sit in bars wearing a mask?

Complicated to get a shave then. 555555555

• Like 1

The 20+ rules that are laid out for pubs and bars is really going to be a 'novel-headache' for both the owners and customers.The little place I enjoy going to is usually packed,standing room only on Jam-night,to think how they are going to facilitate the 'requirements' may lead to them just pulling the plug.

What about Night Clubs?....find your date and then try to find a dance-circle...yipee!!

On 6/27/2020 at 8:44 AM, fantom said:

There was a strange young girl from Khartoum

Who invited a gay man to her room

They stayed up all night

Discussing the right

To do what, and which way, to whom.

And a lady with Covid from Norway

hung by her heels from the doorway

She shouted,  young man, get off the divan

I think I've discovered a safe way.