Danish man wins lawsuit against Thai wife for not sharing assets

rooster59

31 minutes ago, Purdey said:

It would be useful to know the name of his lawyer and the judge. Both deserve kudos.

For giving her the house and him the used car? ????

the only lesson learned here, is make sure you have your name on everything you want to keep. Spare you and her for the time and money running it for the court. I just wondering how long this took him from the end of relationship to finely get the car. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

It just amazes me on how many invest money on an average to below average fat women.  I see guys walking around with a woman that would be considered ugly back home. In my opinion a middle aged fat average looking thai women has no chance of demanding any money from any man. She should be happy that he even gave her the time of day. 

And of course you're married to a hi so Chinese university lecturer, with porcelain skin.

Bet you drive a Benz too, na?

• Haha 1

Golden rule. Never sit down at this particular card table with money you can't afford to lose,,,,,,,, because nine times out of ten you'll be leaving with your bus fare, if you're lucky......      I remember taking the Mrs to look at a real nice wooden house, she was all eyes and wonder, then she asked me why a wooden one ?  I looked her in the eyes and replied, " When your lot turns up and moves me out it'll take two gallons of four star to solve the problem "..........  Needless to stay she's now the X.....  " If it flys floats or <deleted>&^s, rent it "

On 6/27/2020 at 3:59 AM, Cali farong said:

Don’t put anything in ANY woman’s name that you can’t afford to lose.

Life is full of surprises 

Probably applies as much for women nowadays also.

There was an article in a UK paper recently. The wife had used a large inheritance to buy a house (owned jointly). Her husband, who's a doctor had raised mortgage(s) on the property for a lot more money than she realised, and had purchased other properties solely in his name.

If it's actually true, a horror story.

39 minutes ago, Purdey said:

For giving him anything. Usually, the Thai gets everything. This is rather unusual. 

I have heard better deals from before, but it have been a huge long expensive process to get trough to the end, and in my eyes not worth it. 

The question, is how long time he spent getting back the car? How much did he pay for the whole process. What is the car worth now? 

I got talking to a Western guy who was staying in Thailand on and off with a woman in Udon Thani..he spent money to improve her house and supported her financially when he was out of the country...he then decided he wanted to buy a pickup so off THEY go to the dealer and he chooses a s/h one costing 500k for which he pays cash...he didnt speak thai and the paperwork was completed and they drove off in the new vehicle then a few weeks later when the blue book arrived it was in HER name...not sure if he is still with her

moral of the story is when you go to buy and vehicle do so alone

Edited by johnnyonesock

This first thing I would like to know, who was his Lawyer for future reference.
This is not that unusual I know of 2 case with the last couple of years where two farang ( both English ) who have "won" cases. 
1: He used his money to buy and build property about £1.4 mil he came to Thailand with he bought and built 6 buildings and 3 plots of land with his Wife had kids, she got a new man.  At court she was awarded 9 mil baht or choice of 4 properties in agreement with him. Him not being sound mind choose all the wrong ones unfinished projects and 2 plots of 1 and 4 rai, She got the nice places, To date 1 house and one plot has sold in Total 3.2mil, he's left with all the rubbish  EG: A unfinished 27 bed Hotel in Nong Hong "he" said cost 32mil to build. Up for sale at 11mil highest bid 3.2 in total with a lot of luck he will get another 4mil back. Conclusion  he was deported because he could afford his visa.  
2: No married house on 1.6 rai the court ordered the house to be sold. He the farang was awarded 60% of the sale price. That was 4 years ago, the house is falling into disrepair Cost him in-total about 4.5mil now for sale at 2.25 
Yes the court can order the split, but actually Farang will always lose money, but not such a big loss if you don't fight for it.          

Edited by denishuahin

A trainwoman once told me that when a woman give a man her most intimin part of herself, she is entitled to his money and property.

I told her that that is prostitution and asked her what she think she have, that other women do not have...

I newer saw her again ????

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2020 at 9:30 AM, colinneil said:

I find this story absolutely amazing, the same court gave my ex house, car, motorbikes.

I was left with nothing, not even my clothes that were in the house.

you have to pay the ruling juge  to get   something out for you

Rule 101 don't build a house or buy land in Thailand  Rent keep your property back home locked away from your Thai lovely I see the farang fall on there sword all the time. 

Buy a car in your name... Have your own bank account. 

Keep it all separate from them.  CRY poor  good chance they will be gone in a month if you DO??, if they do hang around   give them a wage and let them <deleted> it up the wall what money you give them  as they all do it money =shopping to this lot. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tagged said:

For giving her the house and him the used car? ????

the only lesson learned here, is make sure you have your name on everything you want to keep. Spare you and her for the time and money running it for the court. I just wondering how long this took him from the end of relationship to finely get the car. 

Its a court order pretty sure she is still driving around with his car now.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Patriot said:

Excuse me if this opinion has been mentioned previously, but the protracted legal costs to achieve ownership of the car would have been fairly healthy!! So, offset that against the cost of the vehicle one has  to ask one self, did he actually "win" very much at all

In case if she returns him his car then he lost about 6 m bht of his 7 m bht investment without even deducting his legal fees. Looks to me like he has lost nearly everything !!!

I am Danish myself and I have seen this before. The man marries a Thai woman he loves very much and decides to build a house for him and his wife they can live in for good. When everything is settled she breaks up an files for divorce. She gets everything and he is left with nothing. 

To this I can only say one thing : Rent a house instead of buying land and build a house. If she loves you, she will accept it. I lost a raj of land and a big motorcycle myself 14 years ago the same way. I make mistakes but never the same one twice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2020 at 4:10 AM, ramrod711 said:

The system obviously failed, the Thai woman should get everything, my wife told me so.

I am Danish myself and I have seen this before. The man marries a Thai woman he loves very much and decides to build a house for him and his wife they can live in for good. When everything is settled she breaks up an files for divorce. She gets everything and he is left with nothing. 

To this I can only say one thing : Rent a house instead of buying land and build a house. If she loves you, she will accept it. I lost a raj of land and a big motorcycle myself 14 years ago the same way. I make mistakes but never the same one twice. 

20 hours ago, mran66 said:

Amazing Thailand it is - this really is one of things that regardless of trying, really can not comprehend with my farang brain (of seemingly limited capacity)...What is the thing that makes farang men to buy houses, land, condos and cars for the women and their family beyond what they could treat as a gift (relative to their wealth so that loosing them would have no real financial impact to them and not to need even to think of asking back as a gift as there is no such thing as asking back a given gift) even if they must have read how that industry (as I would call it) works.

If a woman really wants to live with you long term, she should not care who owns the earthly items at their disposal, especially if they have any reason to speculate that they could one day inherit them. If she cares, by definition she is a prostitute that goes away for the next customer once she has got her payment for the current one (like happened in the OP case); being so better just pay-as-you go until you (not her) want to stop using her services...

Sigh; anyway, to each of their own

Because the ugly, old guys who can’t get a girl back home truly believe that that 20 year old bargirl “loves” them. They get a taste and they don’t want to lose it, so they give in! Oldest story in the ‘Expatriate In Thailand’ book! The funny thing is, it’s an extremely well known story and still people fall into the tar pit! Maybe someone should do a movie on it which should become mandatory watching at the airport right after landing! ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ericthai said:

Ex-wife waiting around for you to die to get the house?? dont think I would want to be that guy!!!

Why on earth would that bother you????     What does it matter who is waiting?....maybe my kids are waiting for me.....maybe someone will be happy when you leave......so what

I here that he is happy with his new lady/cleaner and loves his dogs the moo Barn he is in the and fishing.....if someones waiting....well get in line

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Razek said:

They charm you with their eyes, take everything from you, and then throw you away. Another inattentive person comes after you

...eyes...really...hmmm...why I feel that it's not the full story...

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

So did the guy continue living in the house with the <deleted> off ex around with 1.5 mil in her hands? That would be worrisome in my demented mind. Me personally I'd rather get on down the road far, far away.

He is in the house with his new girlfriend!

12 hours ago, rob63 said:

This is all wrong! The Thais put laws in place to stop foreigners owning land in order to protect the local people. That guy shouldn't have any right to the land or the assets on it! It's ownership by the back door. He tried to pull a fast one over the Thai people, and deserves nothing out of the house.

Other foreigners own cars in their own name, so the foreigner could have done that as well. There is credibility to her claim, that the car was a gift.

I totally aggree, there is more to it, than just being screewed by the locals all the time. Take a hard and good look at Spain, and see how they are doing. Completely run over and ruined. 

Just look at their dept after selling themselves out completely. They got nothing left. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Patriot said:

Excuse me if this opinion has been mentioned previously, but the protracted legal costs to achieve ownership of the car would have been fairly healthy!! So, offset that against the cost of the vehicle one has  to ask one self, did he actually "win" very much at all

Well, the value of the car is 1.7 million baht, so not a cheap car.  I am sure its more than enough to pay the lawyer.