Drunken Irishman Gropes & Fondles Thai Student.....

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Mail: Edition April 20th-April 26th

An Irishman who drunkenly fondled a university student was detained in custody when the 21-year-old girl said she intended pressing charges against him for assault.

Police take James Anthony Healy into custody after he mistook a university student to be a service girl.

Police were called out just after midnight on April 9 when it was reported that a foreign tourist had obscenely groped a Thai woman at Soi Pattayaland, on Second Road.

At the scene there were many Thai and foreign witnesses to the incident. The victim, given the alias Miss Nid, was a third year student at the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce. She was in tears, and identified the perpetrator as James Anthony Healy, a 30-year-old Irish national, who was standing nearby, shirtless and in a state of drunkenness.

Nid said that she had come to stay with her aunt in Pattaya during the school vacation, and had a holiday job selling leather at a shop near the scene. She was waiting for a baht bus with a friend to go back home. Healy and a friend were walking towards them with beer bottles in their hands, and appeared to be drunk.

As he was passing, Healy hugged her and fondled her genitals and buttocks. She screamed for help. Healy responded by shouting that she was no different from a bargirl and that he could get sexual favors at any time.

Healy admitted to the police that he had groped Nid, saying that he was drunk. He had been drinking, and when he saw Nid he thought she was a bargirl and that it would be normal to hug her and fondle her and ask her for sex.

Nid has insisted on taking legal action, and the police have detained Healy.

Northern Irish alleged molester seized

Police major Weerawut Meelai was called to Pattayaland soi one after reports he had taken liberties with a Thai woman. Miss Seenita Seesouk, aged 21, was crying on a step and explained she had been walking along minding her own business when she heard a drunken fellow mumbling. She turned round and was horrified when the farang began to try and grab her and touch her “pudenda” or private parts, with both hands.

Mr James Mealy, 30, had no explanation other than to blame the Tiger lager beer company. :o The offended lady agreed to take an undisclosed sum and a sincere apology before Mr Mealy was released from custody.

-Pattaya Today

19 April 2007

Edited by britmaveric

Mr James Mealy, 30, had no explanation other than to blame the Tiger lager beer company. :o The offended lady agreed to take an UNDISCLOSED sum and a sincere apology before Mr Mealy was released from custody.

-Pattaya Today

19 April 2007

Think the lady has to share some with the BIB if im not wrong....

SOURCE: Pattaya Mail: Edition April 20th-April 26th

An Irishman who drunkenly fondled a university student was detained in custody when the 21-year-old girl said she intended pressing charges against him for assault.

Police take James Anthony Healy into custody after he mistook a university student to be a service girl.

Police were called out just after midnight on April 9 when it was reported that a foreign tourist had obscenely groped a Thai woman at Soi Pattayaland, on Second Road.

At the scene there were many Thai and foreign witnesses to the incident. The victim, given the alias Miss Nid, was a third year student at the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce. She was in tears, and identified the perpetrator as James Anthony Healy, a 30-year-old Irish national, who was standing nearby, shirtless and in a state of drunkenness.

Nid said that she had come to stay with her aunt in Pattaya during the school vacation, and had a holiday job selling leather at a shop near the scene. She was waiting for a baht bus with a friend to go back home. Healy and a friend were walking towards them with beer bottles in their hands, and appeared to be drunk.

As he was passing, Healy hugged her and fondled her genitals and buttocks. She screamed for help. Healy responded by shouting that she was no different from a bargirl and that he could get sexual favors at any time.

Healy admitted to the police that he had groped Nid, saying that he was drunk. He had been drinking, and when he saw Nid he thought she was a bargirl and that it would be normal to hug her and fondle her and ask her for sex.

Nid has insisted on taking legal action, and the police have detained Healy.

Another quality tourist graces Pattaya; the crown jewel of Thailand.

Tell me please, what is a quality tourist? Sounds lile you are working for the Tourist Association of Thailand.

No more backpackers, no more entertainment venues.......well sometimes I feel Thailand is going way south.

Just remember how often things like this are happening in Europe/US....? I think, the Police there would even resist to take those incidents to the file. TiT.

More of that same nonsense. To preempt comments I far from assume all Thai girls are on the game but if you go to a red light district and/or a place where people get drunk this is the kind of stuff that happens. Methinks the little cuties have found an easier way to empty the farang walking ATM without any horizontal folk dancing required.

Tell me please, what is a quality tourist? Sounds lile you are working for the Tourist Association of Thailand.

No more backpackers, no more entertainment venues.......well sometimes I feel Thailand is going way south.

Just remember how often things like this are happening in Europe/US....? I think, the Police there would even resist to take those incidents to the file. TiT.

Rubbish. If this had happened in the UK, he would have been arrested immediately for indecent assault. There was a complainant, a number of witnesses and a confession.

A quality tourist is not someone who staggers aound, drunk and shirtless, groping women and assuming every one of them is a hooker.

However, as this was reported in the Pattaya Mail and Pattaya Today, it is quite possible that the facts are very very different

Rubbish. If this had happened in the UK, he would have been arrested immediately for indecent assault. There was a complainant, a number of witnesses and a confession.

A quality tourist is not someone who staggers aound, drunk and shirtless, groping women and assuming every one of them is a hooker.

However, as this was reported in the Pattaya Mail and Pattaya Today, it is quite possible that the facts are very very different

yes. he was from the british isles and therefore, by definition, a <deleted>, but...

if it were a case of thai motodops beating a farang senseless, they wouldn't even be taken into custody. nor would any investigation ensue.

but a farang groping a thai student is jailed immediately until the appropriate monetary considerationn can be worked out...

i am trying to remain neutral in all this, but it is difficult.

Edited by altman

I don't follow the Pattaya news clipping all that closely but is this like 5 different gropings in the last week??

Is there a grope epidemic going on?

are the women tired of unruly Johns who won't pay?

or is this a new entrapment tactic to settle out of court for some $$??

(I mean no disrespect to true victims of molest or worse, but it just seems that this thing is becoming a common occurrence there?)

yes. he was from the british isles and therefore, by definition, a <deleted>, but...

if it were a case of thai motodops beating a farang senseless, they wouldn't even be taken into custody. nor would any investigation ensue.

but a farang groping a thai student is jailed immediately until the appropriate monetary considerationn can be worked out...

i am trying to remain neutral in all this, but it is difficult.

Your failing miserably in your attempt to stay neutral, perhaps a brief holiday will help you balance yourself? Any more of those sweeping generalized insults and you will be taking a bit of time off Thaivisa.com, that i promise you... :o

Thumb up for the lady! :o

It's funny to see how some people think in here, since often Thais are not charged for assault against foreigners then this guy shouldn't be charged...perfect logic lol

And since the lady was walking in the red light area "it is normal that something like that happens"... well I say " it is normal that some hangry Thais bash your head once in a while" then...