Ebay

Master of the court

I bourght 3 items from the same Ebay seller ( US ) only 2 arrived ........seller send me the receit for all 3 of them with numbers.....however she tell me we cant use those USP numbers for tracking intl....... already 2 Month past...

Should she send me a new item on her account ???

She told me I have to check with my local post office....but you all now what kind of face I get when I go there to ask for an Item they dont have....

Advice please.........thanks :o

Chargeback. Or if you used Paypal... open a non-received item dispute. If that doesn't work (it usually does)... THEN do the chargeback.

:o

Thanks.........the sellers responce is aggressive.....so I wasnt sure if its asking for more trouble......I did pay with paypal...I will try to go that way then. It really sucks....

Cheers

The seller is correct the tracking number for USP and Canada Post do not extent internationally. You should be able to go online to the postal service and check the status of the items using the tracking number. BTW I used to be a seller in Canada it helped me financially through college.

Chargeback. Or if you used Paypal... open a non-received item dispute. If that doesn't work (it usually does)... THEN do the chargeback.

Thanks.........the sellers responce is aggressive.....so I wasnt sure if its asking for more trouble......I did pay with paypal...I will try to go that way then. It really sucks....

Cheers

I wish you luck but paypal only offers a 45 day period in which you can make a claim, as for chargeback i've got no idear.

Heng, terrible advice, rember shes not the postman and has supplied tracking info.

The problem here is ..is it fair to chargeback a transaction that the seller has delivered to you? I mean, its not his fault the postal system, most likely in Thailand, has lost/stolen the goods. Of course, you didn't receive them, but the seller also has to pay for them and most likely sent them to you. Doing a chargeback will just cause the seller additional fees in addition to losing the money and the item.

You should have a bit more patience & compassion, maybe these items are held up in the post, I've sent thousands of items over the last 2 years and during my peak periods I've had to refund approx. £300 every single month because of the postal service. From my perspective, as a seller, you should give them a chance to make it up to you.

p.s. Lucifer, it's not the sellers responsibility to take out insurance, it is however in the sellers interest to offer insurance and then it is the buyers responsibility to take that opportunity.

Edited by Nikkijah

Cheers

I wish you luck but paypal only offers a 45 day period in which you can make a claim, as for chargeback i've got no idear.

Heng, terrible advice, rember shes not the postman and has supplied tracking info.

Nah, standard procedure ordering anything online. The seller is responsible for delivery even if they are using the postal service, air cargo, DHL, Fedex, etc. The procedure is part of the Paypal terms of service... you first start the Paypal dispute - which if it is beyond the allowed time period OR is not approved by Paypal because the seller provides tracking info (which they'll look to see if it's bogus tracking info or not as well), you are then allowed to do a chargeback on your own accord. Note, it's against the Paypal TOS to do a chargeback BEFORE you open an item not received or not as described dispute.

:D

p.s. I don't know what the allowed period for chargebacks is as I've never had to do one... but myself have received a chargeback after 2 months by a customer in Canada who had paid for his order from us but forgot that he had used that credit card to do so. Fortunately, he cleared it up immediately with a wire transfer and informed his cc company of his mistake within a week.

Edited by Heng

Cheers

Nah, standard procedure ordering anything online. The seller is responsible for delivery even if they are using the postal service, air cargo, DHL, Fedex, etc. The procedure is part of the Paypal terms of service... you first start the Paypal dispute - which if it is beyond the allowed time period OR is not approved by Paypal because the seller provides tracking info (which they'll look to see if it's bogus tracking info or not as well), you are then allowed to do a chargeback on your own accord. Note, it's against the Paypal TOS to do a chargeback BEFORE you open an item not received or not as described dispute.

p.s. I don't know what the allowed period for chargebacks is as I've never had to do one... but myself have received a chargeback after 2 months by a customer in Canada who had paid for his order from us but forgot that he had used that credit card to do so. Fortunately, he cleared it up immediately with a wire transfer and informed his cc company of his mistake within a week.

So, now Im a little bit confused, with different opinions........ I now the seller has send the parcel , because she mailed me the receit from USP with stamp on Feb 26 th....

However the seller advertice " worldwide" shipping......so I feel , it must be her problem, she tried to send it cheap, but I never asked her to send without coverage or insuarance...... and I mean, Im just a buyer, why should it be my problem ?? Im sure it was nicked here in Thailand, but its strange someone takes 1 parcel out of 3....the other 2 arrived together.... :o

Anyway, if paypal only cover before 45 days....Im f%$# I guess.

If the seller report not delivered to UPS, dont they have a cover for such a thing ??

Cheers

The seller is correct the tracking number for USP and Canada Post do not extent internationally. You should be able to go online to the postal service and check the status of the items using the tracking number. BTW I used to be a seller in Canada it helped me financially through college.

I find if you use the post office or EMS once your goods hit thailand thats it, the tracking ends,. the thais dont update it, end of story, and yes it probably has been nicked, now the poor sender will get the blame

I bourght 3 items from the same Ebay seller ( US ) only 2 arrived ........seller send me the receit for all 3 of them with numbers.....however she tell me we cant use those USP numbers for tracking intl....... already 2 Month past...

She told me I have to check with my local post office....but you all now what kind of face I get when I go there to ask for an Item they dont have....

NOT THAT IT MATTERS WITH YOUR EBAY PROBLEM BUT ARE YOU IN JAPAN ?.IM A POWER SELLER ON EBAY AND CAN HELP IF YOU NEED ANY

Cheers

So, now Im a little bit confused, with different opinions........ I now the seller has send the parcel , because she mailed me the receit from USP with stamp on Feb 26 th....

However the seller advertice " worldwide" shipping......so I feel , it must be her problem, she tried to send it cheap, but I never asked her to send without coverage or insuarance...... and I mean, Im just a buyer, why should it be my problem ?? Im sure it was nicked here in Thailand, but its strange someone takes 1 parcel out of 3....the other 2 arrived together.... :o

Anyway, if paypal only cover before 45 days....Im f%$# I guess.

If the seller report not delivered to UPS, dont they have a cover for such a thing ??

Cheers

I am taking the sellers perspective..i have a 99% feedback with 3000 sales....usually we offer basic mailing charges ....because most people dont want to pay higher charges....insurance registered and other postal costs if requested are the responsibility of the buyer....if its not an expensive item..just forget it....with my own personal buying on line i have had lost or never recieved over $5000- worth of items over last 5 years...i just let things ride...not worth stressing out over it...and really they have done everything right by you...provided tracking number etc...not their fault....risky sending anything expensive to Thailand any way....just cop it sweet as just one of those things..and move on....sellers point of view....

NOT THAT IT MATTERS WITH YOUR EBAY PROBLEM BUT ARE YOU IN JAPAN ?.IM A POWER SELLER ON EBAY AND CAN HELP IF YOU NEED ANY

Yes Im in Japan, but what do you mean, and how can you help ?? Cheers

Yes Im in Japan, but what do you mean, and how can you help ?? Cheers

I have bought many items over Ebay paid with Paypal and have sometimes waited up to 6 weeks but they got here even when I complained to a seller about the delay he said wait 14 more days and it arrived.

I have also had customs cleared packages sent from the US & UK had to pick them up from the international mail center customs office at Lamchabang.

No problem and NO duty with the right paper work which is obtained by emailing the details to the customs department and getting a signed letter posted to you authorising your import of the product and what it's to be used for.

Commonsense here too like work permit and and is it relevant.

NOW A CHAIN SAW WOULD BE NICE 555