Trying To Get Visa To Stay Longer

longer stay without a permit?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, dont know can anyone help, I have been rejected by my local imm. on my tourist visa which was applied twice within nine mths, and i've now used up my 30days landing tourist visa this time and went for the extention this morning, I paid 1900baht which is forfeited) and they rejected me by giving me ten days to leave the country.

I notice this penang trip that can offer 90days staff, can anyone help? :o

Did you follow Bronco's favorite, 'make a poll'?

Anyway, 10 days is normal, instead of refusing straight ahead they tell you 10 days to leave. It is in fact an extension.

So, just get out, get a new visa in Penang or whereever and come back. But under no circumstances overstay.

well for one thing,if you are on overstay and they stop you and want to see your visa and it is out of date,,then your ass goes straight to the jail and you are deported,and no telling how long they will choose to feed you that fine cuisine they serve before you leave. And they can blacklist you. :o

Anyway, 10 days is normal, instead of refusing straight ahead they tell you 10 days to leave. It is in fact an extension.

So, just get out, get a new visa in Penang or whereever and come back. But under no circumstances overstay.

Hi, Axel Thankyou for your advice, ok a visa run, i like to do that, but to penang for 90 days or just 30 days? for a tourist visa?

Hi, Axel Thankyou for your advice, ok a visa run, i like to do that, but to penang for 90 days or just 30 days? for a tourist visa?

Were you on your best behaviour when you last tried to get a visa ? Dressed neatly and being polite. Yours is an unusual experience. Something was wrong.

Sim, apply for a tourist visa in Penang consulate. Should take 2 working days.

With that in hand come back to stay for another 60 days, which can be extented with immigration (Baht 1900) for further 30 days.

Than you are on a visa-run again.

Dr. is right, dress nicely and sho your eager interest in touring the country. :o

Were you on your best behaviour when you last tried to get a visa ? Dressed neatly and being polite. Yours is an unusual experience. Something was wrong.

May be You are right, I was told that my extention not approved because this is a 30days on arrival visa, But on my own records, I have used up two 60days visa within six month prior to the on arrival visa, don't know was it the couse to the disapproval.

May be You are right, I was told that my extension not approved because this is a 30days on arrival visa, But on my own records, I have used up two 60days visa within six month prior to the on arrival visa, don't know was it the couse to the disapproval.

That is correct. You can only obtain a ten day extension of a 30 day arrival stamp (this is not a visa). You were given the only extension you could get.

If you had a 60 day tourist visa when you applied for the extension you could (probably) have received another 30 days. So if you have had two tourist visas of 60 days you could have been here 180 days total if they had been extended. If that is what you did and have not remained outside of Thailand for any time you may want to carry proof of funds from outside Thailand (ATM receipts) in case you are asked about how you live here.

With that in hand come back to stay for another 60 days, which can be extented with immigration (Baht 1900) for further 30 days.

Dr. is right, dress nicely and sho your eager interest in touring the country. :o

....oop I miss to give this info, I actually didn't get my 3rd 60days visa approve from my country, is the reason for my 30days visa on arrival for that i'm on it now.

in this case don't know is it advisible to go penang for the visa and what would be the possible visa days to be approved.

Met a bloke recently down sukumvit who says he regularly overstays (months/years at a time), keeps his nose clean and trys not to attract any attention from the boys in brown. He reckons that once he is in the airport he is safe from deportation, he pays the overstay fine, (which the maximum is 20,000 baht). he reckons this works out cheaper than doing 12 visa runs every year, what do you think about this, is he talking bull or does it make sense? Any comments?

Cheers,

8ball.

Yes 8ball, it can be done as long as the police does not catch him. If and when it will mean detention, deportation and persona non grata for life.

Have you ever thought of robbing a bank? I will be making money much easier than by working. Make sure the police does not catch you and you are safe.

Met a bloke recently down sukumvit who says he regularly overstays (months/years at a time), keeps his nose clean and trys not to attract any attention from the boys in brown. He reckons that once he is in the airport he is safe from deportation, he pays the overstay fine, (which the maximum is 20,000 baht). he reckons this works out cheaper than doing 12 visa runs every year, what do you think about this, is he talking bull or does it make sense? Any comments?

Cheers,

8ball.

i think he's an idiot 8ball, don't follow his ways mate, he WILL eventually get caught. :o

hi alex,

so when I go penang for the 60days "visa run", am I supposeto apply as tourist, or, as a non- b visa, because I'm confused here about this b- visa?

http://www.thaivisa.com/424.0.html

THIS FORM MAKES ME CONFUSE, HEADING IS "APP.FOR NON IMM. VISA", BUT PURPOSE OF VIST AS "HOLIDAY?"

May be You are right, I was told that my extension not approved because this is a 30days on arrival visa, But on my own records, I have used up two 60days visa within six month prior to the on arrival visa, don't know was it the couse to the disapproval.

That is correct. You can only obtain a ten day extension of a 30 day arrival stamp (this is not a visa). You were given the only extension you could get.

If you had a 60 day tourist visa when you applied for the extension you could (probably) have received another 30 days. So if you have had two tourist visas of 60 days you could have been here 180 days total if they had been extended. If that is what you did and have not remained outside of Thailand for any time you may want to carry proof of funds from outside Thailand (ATM receipts) in case you are asked about how you live here.

"May be You are right, I was told that my extension not approved because this is a 30days on arrival visa, But on my own records, I have used up two 60days visa within six month prior to the on arrival visa, don't know was it the couse to the disapproval. "

SO IN MY CASE DO U ADVICE ME TO PANANG FOR THE 60DAYS VISA? SINCE I WAS REJECTED FOR TRAVELING TOO OFFEN TO THAILAND AS TOURIST?

http://www.thaivisa.com/424.0.html

THIS FORM MAKES ME CONFUSE, HEADING IS "APP.FOR NON IMM. VISA", BUT PURPOSE OF VIST AS "HOLIDAY?"

A non-immigrant visa will not be granted to a tourist. Get constructive.

What i woukd recommend you is to get one of those travel packages to Cambodia or Malaysia for two weeks and stay out of Thailand during that time, then go apply for a tourist visa in Kuala Lumpur. I've heard negative things about Penang. I've only been to KL and they were very friendly and nice. Don't go apply right away again, give it some time ..

What i woukd recommend you is to get one of those travel packages to Cambodia or Malaysia for two weeks and stay out of Thailand during that time, then go apply for a tourist visa in Kuala Lumpur. I've heard negative things about Penang. I've only been to KL and they were very friendly and nice. Don't go apply right away again, give it some time ..

Thanks rainman,

do u know how much to pay for a tourist visa or if a b-visa on employment basis?

Thanks rainman,

do u know how much to pay for a tourist visa or if a b-visa on employment basis?

i think its around 40-80R in KL. i may be wrong..

I am applying for a non immigrant "B" visa in the US before I come to Thiland. Should I apply for a one year multiple entry? Or will they only give me a 90 day Visa? Seems I have heard conflicting stories. Also, how long doe sthis Visa usually take?

Thanks!!

Brad