Walking From Soi 1 To Lumpini: How To

mangoman007

I know there is a pedestrian “walk over” that goes over the freeway from the Tobacco Monopoly to Lumphini.

Does anyone yhappen to know if you can access the flyover by stairs from either Soi 1 or from that soi that runs along side the rail tracks and the freeway. If I stay at the Majestic Grande on Soi 1, I’ll want to be able to go jogging on that path, and need a way to get up to it.

Thanks!

I know there is a pedestrian “walk over” that goes over the freeway from the Tobacco Monopoly to Lumphini.

Does anyone yhappen to know if you can access the flyover by stairs from either Soi 1 or from that soi that runs along side the rail tracks and the freeway. If I stay at the Majestic Grande on Soi 1, I’ll want to be able to go jogging on that path, and need a way to get up to it.

Thanks!

The walkway starts at the bottom of Sukhumvit Soi 10 just past the wooden bridge (access from Soi 8 also possible using a scrappy little track) and continues to outside the northeast corner of Lumphini park. The only other access from Sukhumvit is along the side road and railway line that runs beside Chalerm Mahanakhon Expressway. Definitely no access from Soi 1. Maybe you can use the rear exit from the hotel to get to the railway line track easily

If you run to Soi 10 you can also connect up with the Queen Surikit park by turning right at the bridge and entering the Tobacco Monopoly grounds (not always open) and then running about 500 m down the road alongside the park to get to the park entrance. The park has both a cycle track and a running track around the lake.

Don't pay any attention to the ******s who say you cannot run or cycle in Bangkok, many people do.

Don't pay any attention to the ******s who say you cannot run or cycle in Bangkok, many people do.

one of them stay in the same appartment complex as i do. seems he do his runs at lumpini, which is not far away, under 2km. i met him on times, coming home from his runnings in full sport dress, soaked with sweat, at the foyer, still doing his running steps. but then to my surprise he take the lift to the 3rd floor, instead of take the stairs for his last meters. i found that odd.

Actually, the Majestic Grande Suite Hotel is on Sukhumvit Soi 2, which runs parallel just west to Soi 4. Soi 1 is on the other side of Sukhumvit, running from Sukhumvit to just behind the Bumrungrad Hospital.

The road running parallel just west to Soi 2, and parallel to the expressway, has steps that go up to the elevated walkway that connects Sukhumvit Soi 10 to Lumpini Park. The best way to get to this entrance from the Majestic Grande Suite is to go through the Raja Car Park to Soi 4, turn right and go to the of Soi 4. At the end of Soi 4, enter the Thailand Tobacco Factory, and bear to the right at the junction. When you get to the road running parallel to the expressway, youll see the elevated walkway, along with steps to access it.

An even easier way is to go out of the majestic; hail a taxi and say "pai Lumphini Krap; meter duay Krap"

:D

I don't think you need to remind them to use a meter unless you're hailing a taxi from Silom :D . I remember one instance in my younger days, when I was at Silom with a couple of friends. We got into a taxi to leave, and he would keep insisting that the meter had broken (after we had left), and I sat in the front seat. I simply pushed the 'on' button on the thing, and it gave a nice little beep and started. Needless to say this cab driver wasn't too keen on starting a conversation with any of us. :o

Thanks!

The walkway starts at the bottom of Sukhumvit Soi 10 just past the wooden bridge (access from Soi 8 also possible using a scrappy little track) and continues to outside the northeast corner of Lumphini park. The only other access from Sukhumvit is along the side road and railway line that runs beside Chalerm Mahanakhon Expressway. Definitely no access from Soi 1. Maybe you can use the rear exit from the hotel to get to the railway line track easily

If you run to Soi 10 you can also connect up with the Queen Surikit park by turning right at the bridge and entering the Tobacco Monopoly grounds (not always open) and then running about 500 m down the road alongside the park to get to the park entrance. The park has both a cycle track and a running track around the lake.

dogs aplenty in the ttm at night

Thanks!

Lumpini is a pretty good place to jog early in the morning. And, yes, poster Shotover gave you pretty good directions on how to get to the long pedestrian/bike flyover that runs from soi 10 to the park. There is also an entrance to the flyover at Ruam Rudi.

Your hotel probably has treadmills.