2nd passport (not thai) you have? / how got?

drbones666

I'm a US citizen, a mistake of birth.

With the current trial lead-ballon that recently got floated (eliminate US expat tax deduction) I have a feeling it's going to keep rearing it's ugly head until it gets passed like bad gas.

It seems the buy-citizenship programs of Belize and other places have been closed so here is my question: Have any of you gotten a 2nd passport without having to marry someone of another country?

Here in Malaysia I won't get one since I'm not muslim and/or olympic athlete racking up imaginary points once every 4 years to please the egos of politicians.

I'm doing searches on the net but all that is out there seems very, very dodgy. Any help from the good folk here?

Thanks.

Do you have a grandparent/parent that is non-US? maybe you can get dual citizenship from that country. I have a work colleague who came from New Zealand. His grandfather was Irish, so he applied, and got, an Irish passprot too.

I think there are only four ways (at most depending on country) to gain a legal passport anywhere:

1. Marry a national.

2. Stay long enough legally (5/10 years?) on the right type of visa.

3. Be invited (sports stars etc).

4. Be related to a citizen either direct line (probably simple passport application) or close relative (Aunt) that invites you to stay and stay long enough (this is really option 2).

Other than that, I think all else would be illegal.