A dreadful experience at one of my favorite Pubs.

WineOh

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Surprised they didn't say you were undercharged the first day and ask for another 50bht to make up for it.

My local beer shop charges 50bht for a large U-beer, and they're making a profit on that.

So was it normally 190bht for a small or a large beer?

Just before COVID, the Chang girl at my local bar/restaurant wanted to sell me 4 large Chang for 250bht.

The thought of her constantly filling my glass in that tight dress was tempting, but 4 large would have killed me.

Having seen lovely pics of the view from your place just curious how far away your local is.

If its walkable and you got girls in tight dresses pouring I'd say you've found paradise.☺

2 minutes ago, mike787 said:

OP needs medication to chill him out...serious anger issues.  U troubled by 40 bht...go back to your own country if you think beer is expensive here.

It was 50 baht and the money is not the issue here.

you should read my OP

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I would have queried it too, then not gone back, but in Thailand we know customer service is rubbish, only one person in the last 100 years has sent their food back in a restaurant, because everyone else knows there's no point.

I went to Scooters Weds on soi 6, bottle beer now 90 baht, previously was 60 baht, I didn't bother querying it i just will pick a better bar if i have to pay 90

Funny thing is they like to call themselves service minded all the time.

they wouldnt know good service if it bit them on the rectum! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I would have queried it too, then not gone back, but in Thailand we know customer service is rubbish, only one person in the last 100 years has sent their food back in a restaurant, because everyone else knows there's no point.

I went to Scooters Weds on soi 6, bottle beer now 90 baht, previously was 60 baht, I didn't bother querying it i just will pick a better bar if i have to pay 90

your last point was very instructive of thai mentality,hardly any punters so hike up your prices.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

Having seen lovely pics of the view from your place just curious how far away your local is.

If its walkable and you got girls in tight dresses pouring I'd say you've found paradise.☺

About 200m, above the local swimming pool, usually 2 girls in Chang dresses from MaeJo university serving.

There's a much nearer bar, but full of students and a bit rowdy for me.

When I first moved here, 7 years back, there was a whole row of bars .... all gone since the general took over.

25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

went to Scooters Weds on soi 6, bottle beer now 90 baht, previously was 60 baht, I didn't bother querying it i just will pick a better bar if i have to pay 90

Nobody ever specifies the size, size matters no matter what the serving girls tell you.

Large for 90 I could take ........ small for 90 only if there's naked women dancing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nobody ever specifies the size, size matters no matter what the serving girls tell you.

Large for 90 I could take ........ small for 90 only if there's naked women dancing.

Scooters Soi 6 is just an average bar, not like the other bars which have girls for ST, so the idea is go to Scooters for a quick cheap small bottle before deciding where to go next, at 90 baht a beer it's pointless going there now, might as well get stuck in at any of the other bars.

Generally bars don't sell large beers, there are a couple hotel bars on Buakhao that do large beers from 50 baht

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Scooters Soi 6 is just an average bar, not like the other bars which have girls for ST, so the idea is go to Scooters for a quick cheap small bottle before deciding where to go next, at 90 baht a beer it's pointless going there now, might as well get stuck in at any of the other bars.

Generally bars don't sell large beers, there are a couple hotel bars on Buakhao that do large beers from 50 baht

think you,ll see scooters soi 6 up for sale soon,as you said most bars up the 6 are around 100 baht with personal service.

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Generally Thai bars only sell large beers, and they still have hot serving girls.

Yesterday ..........

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I don't have a heart.

Used to have one but my Brit wife ripped it out and stamped on it.

Then my first Thai gf made a funeral pyre of the remains.

yeah.. get over it... you should be immune by now.. just expect it will happen and enjoy the rest... 

As Woody once said, "sex w/o love is an empty experience - but as empty experiences go, it is one of the better... "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Go and steal some wheels and try to sell them.

And you are just setting the world alight with originality with that comment arent you ????????

jeez, ive never heard that one before.

if i had a pint for every time i heard that lame a@#e comment then never mind the 2 for 1 - i could start my own brewery! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeonly59 said:

and you, a mere paying customer - and a foreigner at that, committed the cardinal sin by querying the sudden price difference, thereby suggesting that she; the manageress, with all her associated status, was either flagrantly ripping you off or had made an error. The audacity! Probably in full view of an underling, as well! With nowhere to hide and thus be passive, she had to front it out aggressively. That's what they're on about - passive aggressive behaviour. Forget customer service, fair trade, repeat custom, word of mouth advertising, honesty, etc., and all those quaint western business values. It's all about the tired old ''loss of face'' trope. Do it the Japanese way - tell all your mates about the woman/place and vow never to go back.

Finally a sensible reply

i knew there was someone out there with a bit sense ????