Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Pattaya: Thai media report crowds of Thai tourists at Jomtien Beach

webfact

Pattaya: Thai media report crowds of Thai tourists at Jomtien Beach

4pm.jpg

Thai media 77kaoded chose Jomtien for a visit yesterday and found the area packed with Thai tourists enjoying the long holiday weekend that marks the start of Buddhist Lent. 

Most of the tourists were family groups and sets of friends from up country locations. 

4pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Some set up mats while others availed themselves of deckchairs on the beach. 

Vendors selling things on the beach welcomed the improved trade, said the media.

4pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Traffic was slow in the area but moving. 

This is the first (long) weekend after Phase 5 lockdown restrictions were eased last week. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-07

Huge crowd in Jomtien on Saturday and Sunday in this extra long weekend. 

Weather was good on those two days.  Only rain in those two days was  before 11 on Saturday morning.  

I thought Thai prefer Cha Am over Jomtien/Pattaya for beach holiday,  my concept was probably wrong.  

7 hours ago, sscc said:

Huge crowd in Jomtien on Saturday and Sunday in this extra long weekend. 

Weather was good on those two days.  Only rain in those two days was  before 11 on Saturday morning.  

I thought Thai prefer Cha Am over Jomtien/Pattaya for beach holiday,  my concept was probably wrong.  

depends where they are driving from does it not??

9 hours ago, smedly said:

and I counted 1 mask from well over one hundred people in those photos and not one comment about it 

Beach was very busy and maybe 1 mask per 1000 people, 14 days time will be proof of the pudding if virus under control in Thailand. Personally I hope no new cases show up.

• Like 1

Has anyone remembered that this is airborne ? Masks and social distancing is a load of <deleted>. If you are in an area where the wind has blown the virus, you will have it on your skin, hair, clothes. This is not the Plague where the mortality rate was 80%. This is a virus with a mortality rate of 0.04, like the 'flu'.

JMHO

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, dodgybros said:

Beach was very busy and maybe 1 mask per 1000 people, 14 days time will be proof of the pudding if virus under control in Thailand. Personally I hope no new cases show up.

and how exactly would they know or even report it

Edited by smedly

3 hours ago, fresnoboy said:

Has anyone remembered that this is airborne ? Masks and social distancing is a load of <deleted>. If you are in an area where the wind has blown the virus, you will have it on your skin, hair, clothes. This is not the Plague where the mortality rate was 80%. This is a virus with a mortality rate of 0.04, like the 'flu'.

JMHO

I thought we had got past people trotting out this nonsense....