Visiting team led by US Army chief not to be quarantined

webfact

34 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

According to history, I understood that the Spanish flu started in the Boston USN Yard in September, 1918, discovered by one Lt. Cdr. Paul Lewis USN, (Medical officer)?

"The great Influenza" John M Barry. Penguin Group, NY.

(Regardless, please do not inform Trump, or he might now decide to call it, "American' flu" or "A-meri-flu" or something...….) 

MY god stop spreading lies ,it was found in France and Spain , , 1st WW soldier brought it from there to  Kansas 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, blazes said:

How nice not to have to show a "certificate of health" and $100,000 US medical insurance on entering the country. 

Just by the way, but what are Thai military supposed to be training for when they take a little holiday in Hawaii to learn how to fire a gun?  Is there some external threat facing Thailand or is it just that Thai democracy needs to be...erm.... "protected" against home-grown saboteurs?

Did you notice China is being aggressive , No go back to your coma 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Does anyone believe that if a Thai delegation went to the States they could avoid whatever measures other travellers do? No. Sorry. The US doesn't do reciprocity (except for Saudis and Israelis of course).

12 minutes ago, Nice Boyd said:

You would rather have Chinese instead, I Welcome this , Keep China  outta of Thailand 

Why does it have to be either. Both can stay out.

• Thanks 1

With all Aircraft carriers in Pacific and moving also B52H tactical bombers to Guam, the big brother (China) wont be pleased with that photo...i m waiting Chinese group of "big boys" soon taking photo with Mr. Prayut and the Elite, ofcourse Elite can enter without Quarantine... And while he have people in line for food, and more than 10 million who lost the jobs he is taking photo with US general and ofcourse we cannot miss Thai Commandos i missed them. Maybe another submarine to extend naval power? Who knows... 

Edited by NB1986

43 minutes ago, thequietman said:

There is a high likelihood that there will be cross infections, and these Thai soldiers will return to their homes and infect families. ????

Really? ???? you need to expand what you are listening and reading.............

Of course they won't be quarantined. 

Nobody was quarantined during the bird flu. Nobody was quarantined during the mad cow disease, nobody is quarantined during the flu twice a year. Nobody gets quarantined with lower back pain. Why would you quarantine someone because another form of virus is present, that causes temporary respiratory issues. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

If I recall my history correctly, it was a widespread outbreak in the US Army that was the major precursor of the Spanish flu of 1918. 

Lightning couldn't strike twice though surely? :cheesy:

You're right. They reckon the first was a duck farmer who joined up and went to a boot camp along with a few thouand others. From there it went global.

2nd wave had a more lethal mutation.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

Of course they won't be quarantined. 

Nobody was quarantined during the bird flu. Nobody was quarantined during the mad cow disease, nobody is quarantined during the flu twice a year. Nobody gets quarantined with lower back pain. Why would you quarantine someone because another form of virus is present, that causes temporary respiratory issues. 

And kills 500,00 people,but that's just collateral damage?

Edited by Thailand
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1