How Often To Have Maid Clean Your Condo?

Jingthing

MAID?? What a luxury, if you can trust 'em. I do all the house work myself 3 or 4 times a week. "If you want something done right--do it yourself!!". Something to do and keeps me busy, rather than watching the mindless drivel on television.

My partner would kick my ass if we had a maid. She says no one can do it as well as she can anyway. Besides, I'm terrified that if we have a maid once a week that I will suddenly have a 300-pound ladyboy sitting on her fat ass. I'm pretty handy with a mop and duster. Besides, that way we save enough money to eat out more often. I realize that you are single. Still, that doesn't mean that you aren't self-sufficient does it? One of the posters suggested having a sink full of dirty dishes. That would drive me crazy. I can't stand having one dirty dish left in the sink at the end of the day.

Holy smoke!... for only 75 sqm condo and you can’t even do it youself ? Even my little 12 yrs old niece can whip the place up in an hour!

Don’t be embarrass, the thais won’t mind seeing a farang male on his hands and knees once awhile

Holy smoke!... for only 75 sqm condo and you can't even do it youself ? Even my little 12 yrs old niece can whip the place up in an hour!

Don't be embarrass, the thais won't mind seeing a farang male on his hands and knees once awhile

Having a maid is the way to go. Why would I want to work all day and come home and clean my apartment, do the laundry, etc.????

One of the best things about Thailand is that service industry costs (maid, gardener, driver) are not out of whack with professional sector salaries as they are in America.

I understand your point, but what I’m talking about here is not about the $$$, but just about be very very careful with your domestic angel who you don’t know personally as she might "clean" you out! Having such a small place like that, why go through needless worry, I would rather do it myself!

My condo is pretty small, but in my opinion there are better things for me to do with my time than washing the dishes, floor, toilet etc etc.

Once a week for approx 2 hours. 300 Baht a time. Central Bangkok. No complaints.

I understand your point, but what I'm talking about here is not about the $$$, but just about be very very careful with your domestic angel who you don't know personally as she might "clean" you out! Having such a small place like that, why go through needless worry, I would rather do it myself!

True enough, but you need to be careful in life in general – because theft is a possibility is no reason to forgo the convenience of a maid. I am on my fourth maid in Thailand; to my knowledge, nothing has ever been taken from my residence. I think the key is to always get the maid from someone you know and trust, or a reputable service. Don’t forget to make a copy of the ID as well.

I agree you have to trust the maid or the maid service. I have already have some bad experiences on that front. I personally would never leave a sinkful of dirty dishes around, stinky and attracts ants, etc. All of this feedback has been helpful. I will try one of two tacks, try to get the service for once a week for approx 300 baht, and if that isn't possible for the maid I want (or another I can trust), go for once a month (which will be more work anyway so worth more money and she would get to areas I am too lazy to do myself) and do the rest of the superficial cleaning myself during the month.

Edited by Jingthing