Follow seven steps for a safe return to Thailand

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Given there's a large percentage of males that marry to stay in the country and a large percentage that married sex workers I wouldn't say you were wrong about the Thai govt. wanting to get rid of us. 

Project your own situation much? 

She gettin a bit old n saggy hence the bitterness ???? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BestB said:

While process appears to be reasonable costs are not.

you looking at at least 100000 baht to come back 

50000-60000 hotel, covid insurance, covid tests, expansive flight 

Thailand finally getting its wish of only the rich being able to visit.

Ironic.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

While process appears to be reasonable costs are not.

you looking at at least 100000 baht to come back 

50000-60000 hotel, covid insurance, covid tests, expansive flight 

Hotels can be had cheaper.

repatriation flight organised by the thai embassy are not free. Far from it. My mom a Thai National just flew on one in early July from ORD to BKK on korean air. It was 1900 USD one way.  We usually have round trip flights around 650 - 1000 USD.  If you are not from a gateway city, you will also have to be responsible for that portion also. I wanted a better hotel than the free one from the gov. So I got her Richmond ASQ for 55,000 thb. I highly recommend this hotel. Brand new Tower so the room was very new. Food service was excellent. We had 3 daily choices for Western, Thai, Chinese, Japanese and Korean... also they have a common area like a lounge after day 5. Hang out and get some fresh air. They have 24hr room service so she had many room service delivery in the middle of the night.. Mostly ice cream sundaes and cake. Also the room has a stocked mini Frig / pantry of sodas, snacks, peanuts, chips. They were all included in price and they even restocked them when she ate all of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It wasn't enough value to stop folk leaving at the start of, or during a global pandemic apparently. 

What will you do if you have to go back to work again in two months' time? 

You may find you have to repeat this whole rigmarole all over again!

Possible, I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

There’s too much uncertainty to start hedging my bets regarding time with family. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Why would Thailand give a free flight to repatriate a foreigner to their home country?

I checked Qatar for a flight bangkok to Sydney, price was Bt.296,000.00 for a flight next week.

296.000 baht for a 1 way sounds a bit steap to me Don thats 8385€ so i don't think many people will book that flight . 

2 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

its delusional as per usual.thais are not not able to fly to uk and other destinations why?as these destinations dont ask thai people to do this type of thing,its called recipricocity,mutual respect and before you say ahh we have little covid,yes  little testing.testing is what we are all told is the proof of the pudding!no michelin stars im afraid.the economy here is going thru the floor,manufacturing and tourism are its most important components.it will maybe never recover but so long as the military budgets filled and the dead mans watches are bountiful its business as usual, for the peons,know you place get back in the woodpile,the rich get richer and the poor get the picture.this is the start of the end.we are heading into the wilderness in a few yrs a model society.modelled on china as they ll own it and the generals too.

Nope, can't make sense of it.

2 hours ago, rct99q said:

On the flights, if it is the same process as the wife, the consulates provided us with a specific airline and flight numbers. 

We then booked a flight in the future a month or so out, and the consulate worked with the airline to reissue ticket with the new dates.

Prices were very reasonable. Less than $800 cad.

From Canada I do believe the only option to return is to request space on the scheduled repatriation flights the consulates arrange. Other airlines are flying but they need to request permission to carry passangers.

Emirates is restarting flights between the hub of Dubai and Bangkok and other parts of Asia in September. From Dubai it's only a connection to Canada, EUA or Europe. Check Emirates Web site. Emirates makes many seats available because many of their flights use the A380. There's also the option of Qatar, but it is more expensive. 

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

There is a few hoops, how does it compare with other countries that are opening up and allowing international visitors ?

They don't want to go to other countries, they want to come to Thailand, many to re-unite with their families, its distressing to them but entertainment to you.

14 hours ago, Lingba said:

so interesting that Thais don't have to go through all the hoops except get a fit to fly paper...this must be one smart virus that can obviously pick and choose who it will infect and who not....obviously Thais returning home won't be affected..only farangs...Thais are bullet proof...

Isn't that the catch? If you can afford booking a flight within 2 days of departure.. Get covid results immediately prior to being permitted to book the flight.. Then pay the exhorbant price of a quarantine hotel and food plus 2 more covid tests once you arrive. Then you are rich and smart enough to come.. Otherwise, sit your butts back down in your chairs and stay home. You will never be that rich..  And don't forget to make sure your flight doesn't have any thais returning on it. Otherwise you may catch covid in the plane because none of the other requirements are needed if you are Thai 

Edited by thesetat2013
Left out on point
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Guderian said:

I've seen the prices for the alternative state quarantine, but nothing at all about the price of a repatriation flight. I expect they're free for Thai nationals, but I can't really imagine Santa Prayut and Uncle Anutin being quite so generous to the sweating farangs. Does anyone know the cost? 

Cost is flight specific

On 5/23/2020 at 1:59 PM, natway09 said:

What is it with Yanks & Guns ?   Get him outa here.......I don't want him on my flight, when there is one

16 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Why would Thailand give a free flight to repatriate a foreigner to their home country?

I checked Qatar for a flight bangkok to Sydney, price was Bt.296,000.00 for a flight next week.

296,000 or 29,600?

Of course, everyone has different priorities and circumstances but as for me...I have NO reason to leave Thailand nor desire to do so. I have visited over 70 countries and lived longer than one year in several of them.

I have yet to find paradise on earth but for me....Thailand, although far from perfect,  is just fine and I am happy to be here.  WOW! A comment with no snide remarks, criticisms or complaints!!!!!

The LOS is, and has been, my second home for a long time. I am happy to be here.    

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bad boy 561 said:

296,000 or 29,600?

Outbound flight

Bangkok  Sydney

Save up to THB 15645.00 when you pay using Cash + Qmiles.

Book with Qmiles >

Lowest fare available

More datescalendar

7 days calender

Sun , 12 Julfrom THB 330800.00

Mon , 13 Julfrom THB 329695.00

Tue , 14 Julfrom THB 329695.00

Wed , 15 Jul 2020from THB 329695.00Currently selected

Thu , 16 Julfrom THB 330800.00

Fri , 17 Julfrom THB 329695.00

Sat , 18 Julfrom THB 329695.00

Sort by:PriceDurationDeparture timeArrival time

Filterfilter

Departure  Arrival

Sort by:Sort by:PriceSort by:DurationSort by:Departure timeSort by:Arrival time

Filter        Filter        

Departure  Arrival

Business

19:25 BKKBangkokQR 0835 Airbus A350-900Operated by: Qatar Airways 22h 0m1 Stop(s) 20:25 SYD+1 daySydneyQR 0908 Airbus A350-1000Operated by: Qatar Airways for moreFlight detailsclick here

9 hours ago, BigStar said:

On your part, yes, and the usual victimism, poor thing. Thais already have local insurance that covers them to the max.

That's If they Get one  :

Maximum coverage

Plan 2

฿850/year

Illness with serious conditions or diseases caused by a corona virus infection. coverage 1,000,000 baht*

Medical treatment from infections coverage 100,000 baht**

And since the number SEVEN is so popular ... and to totally destroy having any fun at the beach ... These signs are going up all along the beaches today (Friday July 10) .

NO alcohol to be SOLD or CONSUMED anywhere on the beach.

So after following the above 7 rules for arrival -

tourists will be faced with these 7 rules at the beaches !

Beach Chair Rules July 2020.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, chaihot said:

Is that really a bad thing?  Expats have complained for years that there are too many tourists and tour buses ... First it was overrun with Russians (hence little Russia on Pratamnak) and then it was the Chinese with the buses and organized tours where they follow the lead duck.

????

How many of us are going to sit-it-out?

No I'm enjoying the peace and quiet, and watching T.A.T machine go into meltdown as it tries every which way to entice the hordes back to prop up the tourism businesses that don't have foreigners to fleece this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bad boy 561 said:

296,000 or 29,600?

I’m wondering the same thing. Baht 296,000 sounds ridiculous (even given the current situation).

Id wonder how many folks awaiting repatriation can afford Baht 296,000 a ticket. Heck round up 6 of them at Baht 296,000 and you might be able to charter yourself a private jet even.