I’m finally cutting the True Visions cord and...

ericg1953

After 15 years I’m finally cutting my True Visions platinum package and will get a Xiomi HD 4K box for my tv and I’m not sure how I will get Thai TV to the TV my wife watches. It’s a smart tv and house is 3bb internet wired. 

Any suggestions on how to access the Thai TV channels 

I would advise against a xiomi, as I hear that you are very limited to the streaming sources. 

If you read up on them, you may find that I'm wrong, 

But I would advise you changing to a amizon firestick, or android tv box. 

There are several Apk's available on both, that will allow you to watch Thai TV. 

Kraken TV is the best at the moment. 

You will be spoiled for choice for Western TV and movies , but thailand is a little bit obscure when in comes to the international streaming scene. 

For that reason, I would also recommend the new streaming box from true. 

I believe its free at a true store if you have true Internet, and allows you to stream all Thai satellite channels for free through an Internet connection, as long as your Internet provider is true. 

I heard this from a true rep last week, but it's possible that ais have a similar promotion. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 9:49 AM, clokwise said:

There's a couple simple options available:

http://cloudtv.3bb.co.th/tvonline/

1) This website is not promoted by 3BB at all, but you can easily view all Thai TV channels for free. You can also cast the video from your device (phone, tablet, PC) to your smart TV.

2) Get yourself a satellite dish plus one of the cheap (~700Baht) GMMZ receiver boxes from Home Pro or elsewhere. You will then have unlimited free access to all Thai TV channels, there is no subscription required. You can find a cheap satellite install guy to come help, just drive around town and visit any small shop with 10~20 satellite dishes on their roof.

There's little difference between xiaomi and other android streaming boxes apart from speed. They tend to be similar and very rudimentary in function, and rarely get firmware updates after 6 months on the market. I've probably still got 2 or 3 (including a MiBox) stashed away somewhere which we never use anymore. Unless you are opting for the pricier and well supported Nvidia Shield, you may be disappointed. Apple TV is generally a better UI and experience, though you may want to wait for the new model which is likely to be announced in the coming months. However, if you are interested in, ehem, 'free' movie and tv streams, Apple doesn't allow such things, so Android is probably the way to go in that case - it does require a degree of technical prowess to install the necessary software tho.

Thanks..how do you get the sign in password for the 3bb cloudtv..same as my 3bb Internet ?

18 minutes ago, ericg1953 said:

Thanks..how do you get the sign in password for the 3bb cloudtv..same as my 3bb Internet ?

yup, just login with your 3bb member details.

Fun fact, once you are logged in, the cloudtv page works on other networks too, not just 3bb.

I dumped True years ago and opted for an Android TV Box. I have had many brands but none holds a candle to the Nvidia Shield.

My Shield is 3 years old and has been updated to Android 9. Nvidia does a great job keeping the box current.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, maxisrael said:

Get a digital TV and use the simply small digital antenna and you're wife can watch the Thai channels in HD

It will depend on where in the country you are as to how big an antenna you need for Digital Terrestrial TV

some places are still not really covered and never will be.

there is a web site to help find your nearest transmitter location,frequencies in use antenna pointing direction.

https://dtvservicearea.nbtc.go.th/webpeople/

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 10:51 PM, northsouthdevide said:

I would advise against a xiomi, as I hear that you are very limited to the streaming sources. 

There are several Apk's available on both, that will allow you to watch Thai TV. 

You will be spoiled for choice for Western TV and movies , but thailand is a little bit obscure when in comes to the international streaming scene. 

I believe its free at a true store if you have true Internet, and allows you to stream all Thai satellite channels for free through an Internet connection, as long as your Internet provider is true. 

I heard this from a true rep last week, but it's possible that ais have a similar promotion. 

Also dumped True and now have TX3Mini box.  Has hundred of films which stream exceptionally well plus all news and what I call soap chanels, including the Thai ones.  Sometimes they can occasionally freeze, but if I come out and re-engage, 9 times out of 10 we are back in business.  The selection of films is astronomical and it cost 250 baht a month!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I dumped True years ago and opted for an Android TV Box. I have had many brands but none holds a candle to the Nvidia Shield.

My Shield is 3 years old and has been updated to Android 9. Nvidia does a great job keeping the box current.

I found shield awful. Way better out there old chap.

• Haha 1

Won't forgive True for conning me on their Premier league package. Tiphanee has all the live games in their 3600 pa package. True wanted an additional 3600 pa  over and above their internet and TV package at 900 BHT pm so I was paying for PL twice!

21 minutes ago, johng said:

Via the Tv's web browser ,  but you need to be a 3BB internet customer to login and view anything.

3BB is in my Thai partner's name, so when I need to put in Username and Password will it accept it in English?

On 7/13/2020 at 10:51 PM, northsouthdevide said:

The Xiaomi Mi box is an Android box using Android 8.1. 

On 7/14/2020 at 3:35 PM, 1948wjm said:

For Thai TV channels I have downloaded android app "LOOX" of which works well for my wife to watch Thai TV

Yes, LOOX TV from the Play store. It has every Thai channel,and just a very few are locked. 

hi  i am not familiar with the smart tv gimmicks .. but it seems they are just internet tv options  .. which is still limited to a specific area of tv

what i use is my desktop computer and netflix for movies also avail are many other usa options that have thai subs or dubbed movies  

yes your wife wants thai tv programs .. the closest it comes is youtube altho limited .. i think that there should be other options to use with pc 

a quick gaggle search   i am not familiar with any of these so do your research

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=thai+tv+for+my+desktop&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Edited by ifmu
typo

3 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

I found shield awful. Way better out there old chap.

I have a Nvidia Shield, several Amazon firesticks including the latest 4k firestick and several old android boxes.

Shield is by far the best of them all.

Would be interested which devices you believe are better than the Shield?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tlcwaterfall said:

I have a Nvidia Shield, several Amazon firesticks including the latest 4k firestick and several old android boxes.

Shield is by far the best of them all.

Would be interested which devices you believe are better than the Shield?

Nvidia Shield is about the most expensive box on the market around 10K Baht, so it better be good then, but I agree it is a decent box.

Amazon fire sticks are just overhyped cheap <deleted> , and there are a lot of boxes between a Firestick and an Nvidia shield that work very well, but cost half of a shield.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Won't forgive True for conning me on their Premier league package. Tiphanee has all the live games in their 3600 pa package. True wanted an additional 3600 pa  over and above their internet and TV package at 900 BHT pm so I was paying for PL twice!

True doesn't con you, they paid multimillion bucks for the rights to stream them in Thaiiand, while Tipmanee steals the streams from True.

Who you think is conning who then?

Edited by Susco

19 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Also dumped True and now have TX3Mini box.  Has hundred of films which stream exceptionally well plus all news and what I call soap chanels, including the Thai ones.  Sometimes they can occasionally freeze, but if I come out and re-engage, 9 times out of 10 we are back in business.  The selection of films is astronomical and it cost 250 baht a month!

Dowload the net live TV apk and HD movies and you can watch everything including Thai no need to pay anything you can also download APKs but you need to download bluestack on your laptop first. Great for when you travel or stay at a hotel. I left true four years ago. I laugh at friends that still use Sky in London. 

9 hours ago, Susco said:

Nvidia Shield is about the most expensive box on the market around 10K Baht, so it better be good then, but I agree it is a decent box.

Amazon fire sticks are just overhyped cheap <deleted> , and there are a lot of boxes between a Firestick and an Nvidia shield that work very well, but cost half of a shield.

One thing is that these devices are made to work specifically for and licensed to support native 4K on Netflix, Hulu, Prime, HBO etc and have several classes of high output audio. 

I’ve had several cheaper boxes before I landed on the fire stick/shield combo and they are flawless for VPN streaming. 

Haters gonna hate, and most of the haters probably never had one. 

• Thanks 1