Samart Wow

PattayaDavid

I pulled the following information off the Thai Visa computer site.  Can anyone provide the location in Pattaya of the Samart office? telephone number?

Has anyone signed up for an ADSL account with Samart and what is your opinion of their service thus far?  My ADSL service with TOT has been down for 11 days running now.

Pattaya David

Indeed, Samart too, who have a promotion called (wait for it) "Wow Speedy" (**shudders**) 2000/512 package at THB 590 / month!

I almost subscribed Samart's Wow. I called Samart trying to check out if such package is limited to viewing Thai websites (this is the first country i see having this restriction) and whether there is usage limit per month, however, he didn't seem to catch my question (I don't speak Thai, so....). Well, if there is no limit to both of my queries, then Samart's package seemed to be the best value for money. I am skeptical.... as it's almost half as cheap comparing to others.

I don't think it's available in Pattaya.

Anyway, a 2mbps international connection (2048/512) costs the Internet Service Provider around 48,000 Baht/month.

If you pay 590 Baht/month, then this means the ISP will have to put 81 sunscribers on that same line to break even!

I'll reckon they'll put on around 120 or so, so they can make some profit as well!

Lines shared with 120 people don't tend to be very fast :o

Cheap fast internet will remain utopia in the foreseeable future...