Re-entry Permit Valid For How Long?

Guys, I am getting a tourist visa from penang, due to some urgent matters after coming back on 27th April Bangkok, I have to leave the Kingdom for two weeks on May 19th.

Question: 27th April when i am at the airport back from Penang (Tourist Visa granted),

am i able to apply before leaving the airport to the city? How long will it be valid for as I might not have time to apply for it.

If i apply on 27th April, does it means that as when i leave the kingdom on 19th May, i dont have to apply for another? and just use that permit to re-enter the kingdom again on June 2 and resume the remaining days of my TV?

Thanks you your input, appreciated.

I believe you can probably apply at the new immigration office in the hotel at airport but have not seen any reports by those that have done so. If not you can apply at any immigration office or after check in as you depart (but be sure to have photos if you wait until then).

You can return and will be stamped in under your original permitted to stay date.

Sorry about the trouble firstly,

I understand that i can apply it in the airport. as to where i am not very sure. But because i wont be in Bangkok from april 30 - may 19th ( the day i fly out of kingdom) and when i do leave the kingdom, i only have 1hour 30 mins to transit from samui (bangkok air) - tiger air. (bangkok).

So would i be able to apply for re entry permit first or really have to do the last minute application when i depart on 19th( very tight timing) :o

Sorry about the trouble firstly,

I understand that i can apply it in the airport. as to where i am not very sure. But because i wont be in Bangkok from april 30 - may 19th ( the day i fly out of kingdom) and when i do leave the kingdom, i only have 1hour 30 mins to transit from samui (bangkok air) - tiger air. (bangkok).

So would i be able to apply for re entry permit first or really have to do the last minute application when i depart on 19th( very tight timing) :o

You can apply for a reentry permit at any immigration office at any time it cost you 1000 bath for a single and it will be valid until permitted to stay date in your pp. the procedure is strait forward and won't take you more than 5-10 min. There is an immi. office in Nathon

nice thought guys.

lopburi3, yap most flights are domestic, only flight out international is bangkok airways. but i just thought why not try applying it at Suvarnabhumi airport while i was there and when i come back from penang. it would be handy to already get one before i get out of the airport, save time, transport....... :o

Just found this:

"Re-entry permits can be obtained at Suvarnabhumi airport from the desks located in the area just before passport control. The desks are behind the glass screen so will not be visible from the check in hall. Please ensure you take 2" photos with you to the airport, as photo services are not available.

"

Anyone have any clue where this is or whether it is located?

That is the immigration area after you check in for your flight. As I said there is a full service immigration office located in the airport Hotel that should be able to issue a re-entry permit if you must get in Bangkok on your way to Samui but I do not know the details of that office.

A point to note: I was travelling out of the Old Airport (Don Muang) to Cambodia and meeting a friend who was travelling with me. I had both our E-tickets with me.

Immigration at DM would not issue a re-entry permit until he had his boarding card, so he had to wait until I arrived and we both went through Check-In to get our boarding cards. Then they issued his re-entry permit.

Get the form beforehand to save time by downloading theTM8 from: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm8.doc

If you are on Samui, the most convenient place to get your basic visa needs are at the Bangkok Samui Hospital. (No, Really!!). It is on the ring road in Chaweng, and in the reception area you will find an immigration counter. Open Mon to Fri 10am to 3.30PM, they can process your requirements in very informal surroundings. Last week i got my re-entry visa there, on the spot. Prices are the same as elsewhere, but bring one photo or they will sting you 200 baht extra. It is a great service, and saves having to go all the way to Nathon main immigration office (in the middle of nowhere).

If you are on Samui, the most convenient place to get your basic visa needs are at the Bangkok Samui Hospital. (No, Really!!). It is on the ring road in Chaweng, and in the reception area you will find an immigration counter. Open Mon to Fri 10am to 3.30PM, they can process your requirements in very informal surroundings. Last week i got my re-entry visa there, on the spot. Prices are the same as elsewhere, but bring one photo or they will sting you 200 baht extra. It is a great service, and saves having to go all the way to Nathon main immigration office (in the middle of nowhere).

Thanks for the info. Its suprising to hear that bangkok hospital there has such service. really do save a lot of trouble. one last question, are they able to extend the tv there after 60 days?

thanks

Thanks for the info. Its suprising to hear that bangkok hospital there has such service. really do save a lot of trouble. one last question, are they able to extend the tv there after 60 days?

thanks

Sure......they can provide the basic visa requirements.......extensions, re-entry etc. It rarely gets busy there (though it may do once word gets out) but you can always wait for your turn watching the lovely Thai nurses stroll around in their cute white uniforms :o

thanks

Sure......they can provide the basic visa requirements.......extensions, re-entry etc. It rarely gets busy there (though it may do once word gets out) but you can always wait for your turn watching the lovely Thai nurses stroll around in their cute white uniforms :o

:D Sure it would be a pleasant experience just sitting there. Thanks so much for your info. Will head there to have a look soon.

Just returned from penang with a 2+1 TV. Actually it could just do with a one day stay over, as airasia flight on that day was early arrival and i even finish the application before 11.15am. BUT....... who knows if the consulate would close before 12pm if they see no people coming in anymore. Got the TV next day no worries. Heaps easy........

:D

thanks

:D Sure it would be a pleasant experience just sitting there. Thanks so much for your info. Will head there to have a look soon.

Just returned from penang with a 2+1 TV. Actually it could just do with a one day stay over, as airasia flight on that day was early arrival and i even finish the application before 11.15am. BUT....... who knows if the consulate would close before 12pm if they see no people coming in anymore. Got the TV next day no worries. Heaps easy........

thanks