‘We Travel Together’ domestic tourism campaign hoped to give Phuket B100mn boost

snoop1130

‘We Travel Together’ domestic tourism campaign hoped to give Phuket B100mn boost

By The Phuket News

1594810973_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Narong Woonchiew at the meeting at Provincial hall earlier today (July 15). photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET:-- Phuket Governor Narong Woonchiew is hoping that the national domestic tourism campaign ‘We Travel Together’, which opened for people to register today (July 15), will bring a B100 million boost to help alleviate the economic suffering on the island.

The campaign ‘Rao Tiew Duay Gun’ (“We Travel Together”) has been launched under the ‘Tiew Pan Suk’ (“Travelling Shares Happiness”) government initiative.

“We expect 50,000 people will come to Phuket and generate at least B100 million for the island,” Governor Narong told a meeting at Phuket Provincial Hall this morning attended by officials and local business owners.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/we-travel-together-domestic-tourism-campaign-hoped-to-give-phuket-b100mn-boost-76690.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-07-15

Honestly, I would think twice before going to Phuket considering the measures taken a few months ago, cutting all routes from/to the island.

I would hate being stuck there for more that I would have planned.

On the other hand, the campaign is aimed at Thai people, making my statement redundant ????

They should now promote the "Walk Like An Egyptian" domestic tour package.  A three night stay anywhere you want in Rayong for free. 

Image1.jpg.890dfd54ba961e2cddbe224b180ab963.jpg

Edited by connda