Bangkok: "We'll refuse to close again - that'll be the end of us" - Shabu restaurant tells government where to go

webfact

What a shambles going on in Thailand at the moment - I am glad I can relax here in Cambodia and watch the paranoia unfold across the border! It is getting international coverage (BBC News Thailand):-

Embassy driver Ministry of Foreign Affairs officials, van drivers, condominium residents Hotel drivers and taxi drivers are part of a total of 36 surveillance personnel at risk of contracting a new strain of a corona virus from a member of the Sudanese diplomatic family in Bangkok. And Egyptian soldiers in Rayong

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

and i got to tell you if i have not contracted the virus after what i have been doing for the past 5 weeks then nobody is.

I'm sure the ladies are thankful for your dedicated "input" service under difficult times.

Coming to a town near you soon... you should print your tour dates on a T-shirt as souvenirs.

ghostrider.jpg

23 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Fair play to them.

Anyone too scared to go there, just don't go. Simple.

The problem with that attitude is that if people go there and get infected, they won't be the only ones to suffer. Just look at South Korea, where a single woman who refused to get tested sparked a whole new wave of infections.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 10:55 AM, Pottinger said:

Thin end of the wedge, unfortunately; Thailand has targeted the total elimination of the virus at the expense of almost everything else. Consequences such as these will increasingly be the norm.

and the rest of the free world will die because of the almighty dollar....

On 7/16/2020 at 11:15 AM, NCC1701A said:

me too. i hit the road and nothing going to stop me now. 

and i got to tell you if i have not contracted the virus after what i have been doing for the past 5 weeks then nobody is. :clap2:

Update us here and, of course, with the details ... please. ????

On 7/16/2020 at 11:31 AM, smedly said:

the peasants are restless - time for another curfew 

"The beatings will continue until the morale improves"

On 7/16/2020 at 5:52 AM, wotsdermatter said:

In fact, if you check the records, from day one, Viet Nam has done it better than any other country and is still refusing to allow people in.

'nuf sed

you spoke to soon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-53549809

Vietnam has closed Da Nang to tourists after four new locally transmitted coronavirus cases were recorded there - the first in the country since April.