Where To Teach Biology In Thailand

gemma58

Welcome. Please look in the incredibly long "Questions About Qualifications" thread that is pinned to the top of the Teaching forum.

If you have a bachelor's degree in both biology and education, and are fully certified as a professional educator in your home country, with experience teaching, you could earn over $100,000 baht a month at an international school.

If you merely have a general bachelor's degree in science, and no teaching experience, you might start in Bangkok at 40K or elsewhere for 33K.

So, it all depends. Please have a look around.

At any international school with a secondary/high school section (most of them). But you would need to be a native English speaker or exceptionally fluent .... which you may not be going by the grammatical errors in your post (not a criticism ... just an observation!).

• 2 weeks later...
At any international school with a secondary/high school section (most of them). But you would need to be a native English speaker or exceptionally fluent .... which you may not be going by the grammatical errors in your post (not a criticism ... just an observation!).

i agree

graesta

If you are sufficiently qualified/experienced (we're talking college professorial level) your English may not such a problem, as international experts are welcomed even if their first language is not English. Check the various university faculties for possible contacts/openings- there are a number of foreign doctors in biology, medicine, biotech, and other related subjects at Mahidol, Chula, CMU, and other Thai universities.

• 4 years later...

BUMP

Found this thread through a search so thought Id ask a similar q rather than starting a new one.

I have taught in Thailand on/off for 4 years whilst living here. Im gonna be starting a biology degree online with a uni next year, what are my chances of being able to teach biology here? I have no current degree at the moment but have been legally teaching with a wp for quite some time

Edited by james24

A number of school teach science in English. The bilingual schools and some with EP and mini-English programs will teach science in English.

Biology is usually taught about Mathyom 4 (G. 10). If you have a degree in Biology, you would have a good chance at such a job, especially if you have experience.