Windows 10 Thai version

1948wjm

I have been gifted my grand daughters new HP laptop as she has gone to an Ipad but the HP is running WIN 10 (Thai version), I have changed the language to English but when i wish to copy and paste items by right clicking I still only get Thai writing ??? is it possible for me to change this also to english ?? thanks for any feedback but plse bear in mind that I am a very mature user with very little I.T skills. Thanks

if you have received a laptop as a gift
it might be wise for a fresh OS install anyway
as well as wiping the drive with killdisk or something first too
just to ensure nothing is on the drive that you do not know is there
(deleting files does not actually delete the data from the drive)

depending how old the grandaughter is 
it may also benefit her going through the process too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1948wjm said:

when i wish to copy and paste items by right clicking I still only get Thai writing ???

Can you give a little more information?  Are you saying the right-click MENUS are appearing in Thai?

Did you set ALL of the language elements to English?

image.png.4a0c253536ad64ba36d4c2852760fcab.png

Yes,when I right click my options come up all in Thai. On my language page I do not get those other options that you have highlighted in yellow? only get Windows Display Language of which is set to English (USA). I also notice that the comment "Your Windows License supports only one display language" in my display ?

4 hours ago, 1948wjm said:

"Your Windows License supports only one display language" in my display ?

Your laptop is running the locked 'single language' edition of Windows, you have to designate the language on initial install and can load additional language packs without wiping the machine (using the recover option) and starting over*

*alternatively, upgrading the windows 'license key' to Windows Pro will then allow switching and using other multiple languages.

1 hour ago, RichCor said:

you have to designate the language on initial install and can load additional language packs

That "can" should read "can't", as in can't load or change language after initial setup as this special restricted edition of the OS is for distribution in reduced cost markets. 

I've read that some Chinese single-language license keys even prevent you from selecting "English" on initial install (probably to prevent those license keys migrating to other countries and uses).