Where to find Natural dish liquid soap in Thailand

hobz

Hi, people often recommend to mix dish washing liquid with water and neem oil to remove aphids, mites etc from plants. 

Is it ok to use any dish washing liquid or does it have to be "natural"? Where can I find a natural dish washing liquid in Thailand?

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Any dish washing liquid will do

regards worgeordie

Ok, I hope so. I read online that some dish washing liquids contain degreasing agents that can be harmful for the plants and to try to find "natural soap" but I can't find anything in Thailand so I guess I will have to take my chances ????

27 minutes ago, hobz said:

Ok, I hope so. I read online that some dish washing liquids contain degreasing agents that can be harmful for the plants and to try to find "natural soap" but I can't find anything in Thailand so I guess I will have to take my chances ????

You only need to use a little, the main reason is it helps the Neem adhere to the plant,i use it

with tobacco (nicotine) 

The only pest I have in my garden is a beetle,looks like a ladybird,and only

attacks my Lady Sansai trees,its only appeared in last couple of years.

regards worgeordie

58 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

You only need to use a little, the main reason is it helps the Neem adhere to the plant,i use it

with tobacco (nicotine) 

The only pest I have in my garden is a beetle,looks like a ladybird,and only

attacks my Lady Sansai trees,its only appeared in last couple of years.

regards worgeordie

Ok thanks. I bought a spray bottle that contains tobacco among other things. Seems to work so far. Haven't seen any aphids since I started using it. I will take a photo and send later. It was around 100 baht in the local plant shop.

As mentioned, you can use either a agricultural surfactant sticker or any soap without perfume.

Lipon brand for example. White letters with blue background is the packaging.

I've tried already and it works. Mix a few drops of vegetable oil with a few drops of dishwashing liquid and a lot of water.

Shake it and it becomes milky. Spray immediately on your plants.

Worked well for me with red mites. In my sense even better than chemicals.

I am finding that often times the low security prisons or probation homes for adolescents make and sell natural dish soaps and tobacco based concoctions for fending off insects. One home in particular, on Route 1 a few miles south of Salokbat in the Nakhon Sawan province sells both. If you drive between Chang Mai and Bangkok, you pass right by it.