Are the quarantine requirements tied to the emergency decree?

EbhB

If a person felt healthy and was told to self quarantine for two weeks, what percent of the people would stay home? if they had a family, would they stay away from the wife and children for two weeks?

My guess would be less than 15% would obey the self quarantine.

My hope is for a test that is reliable that can detect the virus within 3 to 5 days of infection and reduce the time of quarantine. Hi

19 hours ago, EbhB said:

I wonder if anyone knows this... Are the (very harsh) requirements tied to the emergency decree, or would something similar be legal/possible also after its lifted?

From what I've read in the press, the emergency decree just gives the central government powers to implement nationwide policies that would otherwise have to be put in place by individual provincial governors. As far as I know, quarantine for passengers arriving from abroad can still be required even without the emergency decree, since policies regarding people entering and departing the country are always under the control of the central government (in pretty much every country, not just Thailand).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

From what I've read in the press, the emergency decree just gives the central government powers to implement nationwide policies that would otherwise have to be put in place by individual provincial governors. As far as I know, quarantine for passengers arriving from abroad can still be required even without the emergency decree, since policies regarding people entering and departing the country are always under the control of the central government (in pretty much every country, not just Thailand).

The emergency decree gives the power to the PM, not to the government. He's in charge. Why do you think the decree isn't lifted? 

4 hours ago, brianp0803 said:

If a person felt healthy and was told to self quarantine for two weeks, what percent of the people would stay home? if they had a family, would they stay away from the wife and children for two weeks?

My guess would be less than 15% would obey the self quarantine.

My hope is for a test that is reliable that can detect the virus within 3 to 5 days of infection and reduce the time of quarantine. Hi

Ever heard of wrist bracelets? Tracking devices? Very easy to comply if you're forced to wear one for 14 days. Other countries are doing exactly that.

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Precisely.

I think that even when the emergency decree is lifted, quarantines could still be required for some time thereafter, or they could do what Malaysia is doing and eventually switch to self-quarantine at home using a tracking app and tracking bracelet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

The quarantine on arrivals comes from the Department of Disease Control(DDC) which as you say would be supported by the government. It is not necessary for an ED to be in place for the DDC to implement measures it deems appropriate.

Temperature screening at the borders for example was put in place well before there was any talk of an ED.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no194-170763.pdf

• Like 1

If I ever make it back to Norway I think I'll "self-quarantine" by walking across all the mountain ranges, carrying NO electronic devices whatsover.......

Had no illusions that we would automatically get back any "rights", but it can matter when it comes to command lines & exactly who is in power.

Spent a lot of days completely offline when the worst panic was going on here, going on my motorbike to the river & just watching it for hours - one of the things that kept me sane! ????