UK Mail

I received a letter from my daughter in the UK, unfortunately she did not post

it in an airmail envelope,which may have delayed it took about 3 weeks,came

with a sticker on that looked Polish,so God knows were it went.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

I did the reverse and sent an A4 letter to UK as it was rejected by Bangkok when it was post marked for Channel Islands.

It arrived at my sons house in the UK last Thursday after about five/ six weeks.

He forwarded it to the Channel Islands, it took 3 days.

I have just requested a medical package coming this way to THAILAND from the UK and I am expecting the same delay, about 5/6 weeks. 

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

Received an airmail letter from a UK bank yesterday(20th). It was sent on 10th June via Deutsche Post.

Have also received a couple of airmail letters from same UK bank over the last few months with similar delays, but sent via Royal Mail. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Received an airmail letter from a UK bank yesterday(20th). It was sent on 10th June via Deutsche Post.

Have also received a couple of airmail letters from same UK bank over the last few months with similar delays, but sent via Royal Mail. 

Thanks for your reply, still seems a bit iffy, i'll leave it a couple of weeks and then try, i think definitely registered!

20 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

Thank you everyone for helpful posts, it seems to be a bit hit or miss then, i need a replacement debit card so maybe i'll leave it for a while, and God knows how long that might be!

I think if you send it by EMS it might get here within a reasonable time frame. Won't be cheap but a debit card is very useful.

I also have a debit card in the UK waiting to be sent. So far I can still use my other two so I have not given the green light to have it sent.

• Like 2
On 7/21/2020 at 3:16 PM, trucking said:

I think if you send it by EMS it might get here within a reasonable time frame. Won't be cheap but a debit card is very useful.

I also have a debit card in the UK waiting to be sent. So far I can still use my other two so I have not given the green light to have it sent.

My bank sent our new debit cards from the UK last week by DHL, it was delivered by EMS on Monday, took six days.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, theoldgit said:

My bank sent our new debit cards from the UK last week by DHL, it was delivered by EMS on Monday, took six days.

Thanks, i have notified Nationwide and said to send a debit card via courier am waiting for an answer now, my last card was sent via ordinary mail and got here OK but that was two years ago, Halifax Bank won't entertain Thailand say they have embargo on the LOS, when i asked why the bloke on the phone said "I don't know" says it all i suppose!

7 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just sent a parcel to England from the post office ,no problem ,also one to N Ireland ,sorry cant send air mail to N Ireland has to go by sea , but its the UK ,no its not . Amazing Thailand.

Did you ask about Wales or Scotland? Would be interesting to know their options on those destinations 

• Haha 2
On 7/30/2020 at 4:43 PM, bert bloggs said:

Just sent a parcel to England from the post office ,no problem ,also one to N Ireland ,sorry cant send air mail to N Ireland has to go by sea , but its the UK ,no its not . Amazing Thailand.

I need to send a package weighing about 30kg to U.K. but unsure of the best way. Anyone have any ideas?

9 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

(a) at Suvarnabhumi as the Parcelforce tracking system tells me; or

I susect (a)   as my American friend is also facing the same problem  but of course his parcel was supposed to go to the USA   our local post office says America is not excepting post from Thailand due to Covid (zombies)  but why would   UK or USA not except post from a country that has had no Covid (zombies) for months now ?

On 8/4/2020 at 2:57 PM, In the jungle said:

I sent a letter to the UK by EMS on 27 July.

Eight days later it is stuck in a backlog of post either:

(a) at Suvarnabhumi as the Parcelforce tracking system tells me; or

(b) in an unscanned backlog in the UK as the Thai post office asserts.

I am updating this as the information may be helpful to others.

This item of post sent by EMS arrived at its destination in the UK today.  From posting the letter in Chumphon to arrival at destination in the UK took nine days.

It is clear from the updated online tracking record that the delay was at Suvarabhumi airport.  Once the letter arrived in the UK it was delivered by Parcelforce in less than 24 hours.

• Like 1

Packages out of Thailand as bad as it gets right now.

In to Thailand it is bad but only about half the time of the out. 

I think this is all due to lack of international flights and backlogs. 

I have also heard reports of tracking numbers not updating, and packages arriving (after months) and the tracking info only updating after arrival. 

Everything has gone to <deleted>, for nothing. If i need to blow my nose or go get a gallon of milk, it does not matter, covid affects everything. What a joke. 

28 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

I have also heard reports of tracking numbers not updating, and packages arriving (after months) and the tracking info only updating after arrival. 

Everything has gone to <deleted>, for nothing. If i need to blow my nose or go get a gallon of milk, it does not matter, covid affects everything. What a joke. 

I know it's a sad situation. Probably outbound letters and packages from Thailand Post are only going on Thai Airways and they are currently not flying (except for a few repatriation flights). Can't see ThaiPost paying to transfer to other carriers. I was at Suvarnabhumi last week and it was like a museum with all the Thai Airways planes mothballed. A card to from Thailand to UK for my mom's birthday took 3 months sent April arrived July - I was amazed it actually arrived to be honest. 

12 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Out of Thailand was great we sent them on 30/7/2020 arrived in England(my sister in laws) yesterday ,while my daughter sent us a parcel on 30/7/2020 ,by ems ,1/8/2020 left Uk, thats it ,nothing heard since ,no updates on tracking .