Chevrolet resale future ?

Have you seen how many second hand car shop is in your area? Have you seen any customer there ever!

Nobody use brand label maintenance that age car anyway so i dont think dosen't matter if Chervolet (from Korea).

Try sell somebody who you know and need car! Every thai normaly want new car. 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Thanks 2

There is a Chevrolet Trailblazer Club on FB - although it's all in Thai, the translate function usually yields decent results for us to understand. There are people looking for cars and selling, also.

But the sad truth is, with Chevrolet abandoning the Thai market, resale values that never were as good as e.g. Toyota, have really gone into the dumpster.........

Hi, Chevrolet used car prices have always been very low, my guess is they'll probably decline, even though Chevrolet are extending servicing. 
My story is I bought a Chevrolet Aveo (a rebadged Daewoo sedan) in August 2010 for 500,000baht and drove it until 2015 when I wanted to sell it (so about 5 years). It didn't have great fuel economy but it was very reliable and I always got it serviced at Chevrolet which cost a pretty penny. 
When I tried to sell it, I listed it on all the main sites and had no interest. I then tried going to the used car places (the tents) and they all low-balled me - most offered a flat 100,000baht without even caring about service history or even inspecting the car. 
I then thought to go to a Chevrolet and asked what they'd offer - this time a guy actually came to look around it and inspect it. I kind of got my hopes up, thinking maybe I'd get a better price being Chevrolet...no - offered the same 100,000baht that the other 'tents' had offered! 
So yeah...good luck selling the Trailblazer...I have to second 'thequietmans' suggestion, even if it was made in jest - you would get more claiming on insurance than selling it. 

• 2 months later...

Just got my insurance renewal for my 5 year old Captiva

Before Chevy announced that they were not making any more cars in LOS the insurance value was

600,000, this year it's down to 425,000!!!

Only upside is that as a result the premium has dropped.

• Haha 1

As others have said, resale for Chevys hear has never been good and it will likely get worse.

Right now seems to be a buyer's market what with the covid debacle and all, but that said, if you want shed of it you just have to bite the bullet. You'll probably never get more for it than you would right now.  

Were it me and I liked it, I would just hang on to it. I would not worry about not being able to get parts and service for at least another five years and it is not likely the bottom is going to fall out of it price wise.

GM could try a big import push as it is a pretty decent market. They definitely got out of manufacturing here at the right time. 

• Like 1