Jump to content

Panel eyes extending emergency decree by another month


webfact

Recommended Posts

Panel eyes extending emergency decree by another month

By The Nation

 

800_f5ef8ca48ce7dbd.jpg?v=1595314277

 

An ad hoc committee tasked with relaxing Covid-19 restrictions has reportedly decided to propose to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration on Tuesday (July 21) that the state of emergency be extended by another month.

 

The state of emergency expires at the end of July.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391683

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-21
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Predictable, but still thoroughly disgraceful. I can't wait to hear how the logic for extending again isn't actually about continued oppression of dissent. No cases here for seven weeks and still the pretense that emergency powers are needed. I expect widespread protests about this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know it little to do with Covid

Their world is getting complicated trying applease the Chinese, get tourists in whilst keeping other tourists and people who really live here out, then keep them damn democracy wanting students in line.

....and then those pesky Thais abroad who dont want come home! voicing opinions about all sort of things

 

Yep still a state of emergency at HQ

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to be cynical, but there might be a suspicion that the government was behind the non violent demonstrations at the weekend so as to have an excuse to extend the E.D. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Predictable, but still thoroughly disgraceful. I can't wait to hear how the logic for extending again isn't actually about continued oppression of dissent. No cases here for seven weeks and still the pretense that emergency powers are needed. I expect widespread protests about this.

Maybe that's what they are looking for, more protests and crack down on them using the emergency powers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, webfact said:

Panel eyes extending emergency decree by another month

they just can't help themselves, the craving for total control and power from these military men is very hard to resist and is very dangerous, they are accustomed to giving orders and having them carried out without question, history tells that these are the sort of people that destroy countries as the crave power and succumb to extreme greed

 

Prayuth is also missing his article 44

Link to post
Share on other sites

well now my Non - B expired on Saturday and company will not exdend it but have grace until end of the month to leave the country so does this allow for an extention without the full next step of the Non-B visa application ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

Not to be cynical, but there might be a suspicion that the government was behind the non violent demonstrations at the weekend so as to have an excuse to extend the E.D. 

Another conspiracy theorist!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, smedly said:

they just can't help themselves, the craving for total control and power from these military men is very hard to resist and is very dangerous, they are accustomed to giving orders and having them carried out without question, history tells that these are the sort of people that destroy countries as the crave power and succumb to extreme greed

 

Prayuth is also missing his article 44

Do you think they're trying to emulate their neighbours on the western border?

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Panel eyes extending emergency decree by another month

Just in case the students are still kicking up !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Thailand has done exceptionally well  combatting Wuhan Flu! USA and UK should have followed their example.

By letting in millions of Chinese  to spread the Wuhan Flu before it became known as Covid Sars2 2019 so the population had herd immunity before it went world wide ?

 

By closing Bangkok and letting millions of workers go home to spread it just in case it wasn't spread enough.

 

By declaring a state of emergency, imposing a curfew,closing the beaches and banning the sale of alcohol.

Causing millions to become unemployed   all for 58 people who have sadly died  about the same amount of people who die every single day on the Thai roads ( even with all those measures in place )

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

Not to be cynical, but there might be a suspicion that the government was behind the non violent demonstrations at the weekend so as to have an excuse to extend the E.D. 

Oooh, you naughty conspiracy theorist, you! As if any government would do such a thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2020 at 2:05 PM, johng said:

By letting in millions of Chinese  to spread the Wuhan Flu before it became known as Covid Sars2 2019 so the population had herd immunity before it went world wide ?

 

By closing Bangkok and letting millions of workers go home to spread it just in case it wasn't spread enough.

 

By declaring a state of emergency, imposing a curfew,closing the beaches and banning the sale of alcohol.

Causing millions to become unemployed   all for 58 people who have sadly died  about the same amount of people who die every single day on the Thai roads ( even with all those measures in place )

agree with you....and less than 3k infections recorded !!!

it really is pathetic

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...