Russia meddled in Scottish vote, unclear on Brexit - UK parliamentary report

snoop1130

18 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Of course this government does not want evidence of Russian or any other nations interference in Brexit.

If shown the calls for another referendum to confirm the result would be overwhelming. 

Interesting that you don't comment on the Russian interference on the Scottish 2014 referendum which would have been in support of leave the UK.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, vogie said:

There is one thing for certain RR as sure as eggs is eggs, Guy Verhofstadt ahd the EU interfered with British politics, I suppose that doesn't count eh?

Obama most certainly interfered in the EU referendum. Very blatantly and publicly.

So did Juncker, Tusk and others from the EU.

And none of them did it to help the UK or out of goodwill.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So we circle back to the British Government’s failure to order a full and transparent investigation needs explaining.

It is now revealed that failed to do so and are still failing to do so.

That's the opinion of 3 people who presented the media interview and have vested interest in saying so.

Now we must wait for the full public inquiry and report.

The UK has been very direct and open in it's criticism to the Russian government and numerous issues over the past few years. How many other European nations have? Germany, France, Belgium etc - all conspicuous by their frightened silence.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Ah and there we have it in all its majesty.

Brexiteer democracy.

No-one is allowed to change their mind.

Only weak-willed, fence-sitting, wiff-waffers need to change their mind on something so fundamentally and critically important to the nation.

Mulligans and do-overs are for amateur golfers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So we circle back to the British Government’s failure to order a full and transparent investigation needs explaining.

It is now revealed that failed to do so and are still failing to do so.

My original question was "How did a "foreign power" interfere with the UKs democratic process?" 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s a very odd question for you to ask, given your very first post in this thread:

So basically this was a smoking gun that was going to bring down our government, really turns out to be a damp squid?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t recall making any such claim, because of course I have never made such a claim.

Show me where I said you made such a claim, thats correct I didn't. This was a long awaited report which the remainers were keen to get their hands on and oh how much they must be disappointed now.????

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Show me where I said you made such a claim, thats correct I didn't. This was a long awaited report which the remainers were keen to get their hands on and oh how much they must be disappointed now.????

I think anybody that wishes to see the British Government take a stand against Russian interference in the democratic governance of the UK will be disappointed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think anybody that wishes to see the British Government take a stand against Russian interference in the democratic governance of the UK will be disappointed.

Russia has been meddling in foreign governments elections for decades, but because we have had a democratic referendum to leave to EU the remainers wish to blame them for their loss.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

Russia has been meddling in foreign governments elections for decades, but because we have had a democratic referendum to leave to EU the remainers wish to blame them for their loss.

it's worth to sit back and think about the ramifications of Russia interfering with the leave vote.... it may be all or partially wrong and a New vote (without any outside interference/influence) may give the correct result, I always doubted the UK people were that stuxxx to leave without knowing the full consequences of the act

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sovereignty and freedom from foreign interference were cornerstones of the pro Leave movement and the basis of very many arguments put forward by Leave supporters on this forum.

All of a sudden these things no longer matter.

That’s an astonishing head shuffle.

Other than speculation, how did a foreign power other than the EU interfere with the referendum, my last time of asking.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

Other than speculation, how did a foreign power other than the EU interfere with the referendum, my last time of asking.

Having asserted one case foreign interference you become confused over how another foreign government might have done likewise.

Perhaps you should join those calling for a full and transparent investigation into the matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Having asserted one case foreign interference you become confused over how another foreign government might have done likewise.

Perhaps you should join those calling for a full and transparent investigation into the matter.

Thank you, your reply has answered my question.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sovereignty and freedom from foreign interference were cornerstones of the pro Leave movement and the basis of very many arguments put forward by Leave supporters on this forum.

All of a sudden these things no longer matter.

That’s an astonishing head shuffle.

Of course they matter, what are you on about?

• Confused 1