Aren't We Purified Enough To End 90 Day Reporting?

patsfangr

I always find it amusing that foreigners come here, of their own free will, can stay or go as they please - - and yet, while they are here think they should have some power in changing the laws of the land... that does not happen in my home country... I don't think it would go over too well.. 

some things you just have to accept... 90 day reports are just not that big of a deal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

8 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Dirty farang - sure. I have never seen a Thai so appallingly filthy and dressed like that in a restaurant... field workers are far more clean and presentable.

But, being clean and presentable, I never feel like I am treated poorly - I am respectful and am treated the same way... 

1. Got to say I see lots of Thais with horrible sores/bites/scars on their legs.

I think it's to do with insect bites, from living in stick huts, and/or parasites (Bilharzia?).

But agree, they probably don't have enough money to eat in western food restaurants.

There used to be a big old white guy in Mad Dog all the time who appeared to have half his face rotting off.

I stopped eating there because of him, I don't think he was dirty.

2. When people type this I think 'Colonel Blimp' types wearing cargo shorts, white socks and sandals.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Got to say I see lots of Thais with horrible sores/bites/scars on their legs.

I think it's to do with insect bites, from living in stick huts, and/or parasites (Bilharzia?).

But agree, they probably don't have enough money to eat in western food restaurants.

yes, about the bites, [though these looked more like boils - I did not waste much time checking him out] but when they go out, even to the mall, they put on clean clothes... 

• Like 2

Although  we all know the 90 day report is 100% useless, asking the question of eliminating it to the concerned people will bring you a predictable YES from everybody. Unfortunately we have 0 power to make them change it unless, one day, maybe,perhaps they realize it creates more problems (work) than benefits.

We can always complain about immigration. By experience of living in some other exotic countries, the RTI is not the worse by far..... also not the best either by far........

• Like 1

20 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Maybe even stinky as they hold their nose up in the air to us!

Good morning holy cow cm. 

Shower 2-3 time per day. 

Use soap.

And bum gun. 

Then you not have that problem. 

Good luck. 

ps.

10,000+ TVF post now about Anutin and the two backpacker guys “damned farangs” who refuse his mask.

The two farangs laughing the drama because they refuse? 55555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, no 90 day reporting. And while they are doing that how about extension of stay 2 to 5 years, same as driving license. Yeah, I got more chance winning the lottery especially as I don't buy tickets, Ha!

• Haha 1

While it's an annoyance to make a one hour round trip for the 90 day report it's one I am ok to put up with. The previous tm30 on the other hand was a joke that had me ready to leave Thailand.  Naturally I'd like the 90 day to be scrapped too but as it's never going to be, we have to decide ourselves how much bureaucracy we are willing to put up with.

Edited by alien365
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, petermik said:

We are not really wanted here by those in power..thus the "regulations" they put in front of us.. under the pretext of "safety and security" ????

And maybe their ulterior motive is to get us out, the sooner, the better.....

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, petermik said:

We are not really wanted here by those in power..thus the "regulations" they put in front of us.. under the pretext of "safety and security"

Yes Petermilk......the dark forces are gathering............

We will hide within our walls, live our lives away from the light, and let darkness descend. Are we not part of this world? Tell me,

When did we let this evil become stronger than us?"..........JRR..Tolkien.....

I wonder if he spent any time in Thailand, being crushed by having to go to your computer every 90 days and sign in. ......:coffee1:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Allowing online reporting.....when it's working....makes a mockery of the whole 90 day reasoning. I could stay at a friend's in Chiang Mai or Samui and report my address in Pattaya...

That's what I do.

Being several months a year here in Thonglor, always doing my 90 days report on line with Darkside Pattaya address. 

2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I was in a restaurant in CM a couple of weeks ago, my food had just arrived when a fellow walked in and was about to sit near me at the bar - one seat distancing... the waitress, before he even sat down, asked me if I wanted to move my seat... I said no need... then the fellow sat down... wild unkempt gray hair, a 4xl belly with an xl shirt that did not cover his navel, filthy shorts where you could see the dirt stains and boils all over his legs... 

Dirty farang - sure. I have never seen a Thai so appallingly filthy and dressed like that in a restaurant... field workers are far more clean and presentable..

When he started wildly gesticulating, and coughing... the waitresses helped me move to a table...

But, being clean and presentable, I never feel like I am treated poorly - I am respectful and am treated the same way... 

You're right about the treatment that most of us receive from most Thai people. My post was addressing the treatment we receive from the current Thai government. There's a significant difference between the two!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I think the only reason they keep it all running ,is just to give those in immigration a job . so many would be out of work if it all stopped tomorrow .

Possibly so..... but it takes time for change...every country, when you put this up against how it used to be. Not that long ago really....you had to leave the country to get your year visa, sometimes Malaysia take the overnight train, sometimes it was further usually take 3 days.--- didn't know if you would get it . So your Apartment --bond--etc all up in the air.

Then they said just show us you have the funds to look after yourself --and no more leaving.

The 90 day leave the country sit in an old bus do the trip to the boarder, a U turn back on the bus. If you didn't live to far from a border you could do it all in a day........... up country in Nakon Nowhere maybe 2 days.

Then they said forget that pop into your nearest IO and get it stamped....

And now when all the cliches are fixed........switch on the comp

Gosh living here can be so tough......................

Edited by sanuk711