Unable send US tax return by post

peterdwje2

With my local post office still saying there is no air mail service to the US (only EMS and that costs several hundred baht), I haven't been able to send my 2019 tax return nor a request for extension. I cannot use e-file on IRS website due to qualification and technical problems. And I haven't been able to reach IRS office in US by phone despite repeated calls. Wondering if others are in same situation?

11 hours ago, peterdwje2 said:

With my local post office still saying there is no air mail service to the US (only EMS and that costs several hundred baht), I haven't been able to send my 2019 tax return nor a request for extension. I cannot use e-file on IRS website due to qualification and technical problems. And I haven't been able to reach IRS office in US by phone despite repeated calls. Wondering if others are in same situation?

As the guy above says you should really look/post in the Home Country forum. There's been plenty of talk about this exact issue.

Btw, I have a note in my files from last year when I was in a spot of bother with the IRS that I got through (more than once) to 1-267-941-1000. I remember long waits but turned on the speaker phone and did other stuff. You should also leverage the time difference to call when they open (US Eastern 6am? need to check).

I've always sent to my son, in email after completing the .pdf 1040 and 2555 forms... He just prints and signs my name for me and sends it off to the Texas address by snail mail. ???? Looking at my SS statement they still haven't process 2017, 2018, 2019... that's beuaracracy for you. And of course I did not receive any stimulus check, because I don't e-file. 

Edited by Tounge Thaied
Spelling errors