How Can The Misses Sell Her Vacant Land in Thailand, When Stuck Away From Thailand

Subject kind of says it all !

We have decided to permanently live out of LOS and just visit after Covid. A vacant block my wife owns she wants to get rid of and it would pay towards a place in farang land pretty much.

She whacked a ad up recently, (it's for a Thai market) and had a lot of interest, looks like it will sell.

Chanote is with her in Farang Land, while getting to Thailand is not that hard, returning will be a nightmare.

I read about a decade ago that there was a way to do the paperwork with a Rep (friend/family) on your behalf.

Can get to a Thai Consolute here, but not the Embassy due covid quarantines.

Thanks.

• Haha 1

If this land have enough value is better your wife come to haddle her self! She can come in Thailand and depens where you live can now days go back also! Ofcourse that costing money! So depens value about land! Why not wait until covid issue is settle down?

my wife's cousin in Canada is selling her house here in Thailand, my wife has sorted it by sending emails, visiting land office etc, some forms had to be signed by the cousin, these were sent by fed ex, or dhl, so can be done with owner not inside Thailand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

Power of attorney to a trusted lawyer or good friend

Yes, that's the way to do it. The three times I bought land in Thailand the seller used power of attorney; i.e. three different sellers, and all three used an adult child for transfer in land office. PoA is commonly used by Thais, your wife can probably download a standard document like the ones that can be bought in any paper-shop inside Thailand...????

On 7/23/2020 at 4:36 PM, 2 is 1 said:

If this land have enough value is better your wife come to haddle her self! She can come in Thailand and depens where you live can now days go back also! Ofcourse that costing money! So depens value about land! Why not wait until covid issue is settle down?

She has to do a 14 days quarantine if she comes back now. That will cost a bit.

• 3 weeks later...