Adult Education Options In Pattaya

Phil Conners

What are the options for a Thai adult who dropped out after the customary 6th grade but now want to complete school and high school?

Are there some sort of adult schools, preferably "fast track" where this can be accomplished?

Edited by Phil Conners

The Thai needs to do his/her own research but I do know that there are fast track/ Part time options. For example, my girl began her education in Issan but did not complete it. Last year she went home and had to take a test or two (which she passed) and then brought her records back here and enrolled in the main school in Pattaya.

Beginning in 2 weeks she will be going to school in Banglamung one day a week for approx a year and when complete she will have the equivalent of a high school education.

Sorry I don't have all the specifics but it can be done!

There *are* options for adults--I'm not an expert, however. I had a Thai friend who completed the equivalent of Mattayom 6 at a school near the big temple on Naklua road.

Basically, they just have to pass a test that happens every so often, as I understand. The schools can be very inexpensive, too. Sorry I don't have more exact details.

Beginning in 2 weeks she will be going to school in Banglamung one day a week for approx a year and when complete she will have the equivalent of a high school education.

Do you have the details (Phone number or address) of this school? That sounds like it may be a good starting point...

Edited by Phil Conners

• 11 years later...
On 4/24/2007 at 11:19 AM, Phil Conners said:

Do you have the details (Phone number or address) of this school? That sounds like it may be a good starting point...

Hello, I am also looking for this same information for my Thai wife?

Thank you

On 4/23/2007 at 10:56 PM, Inspector 2211 said:

Oh, that kind of Adult Education. :D

When I read the subject line, I thought "Adult" as in "Adult Movie", "Adult Bookstore", "Adult Magazine". :o

It is a reserved occupation...

"10 Russians arrested for working as "sex instructors" in Pattaya"

On 4/24/2007 at 9:06 AM, Jimmyd said:

There *are* options for adults--I'm not an expert, however. I had a Thai friend who completed the equivalent of Mattayom 6 at a school near the big temple on Naklua road.

Basically, they just have to pass a test that happens every so often, as I understand. The schools can be very inexpensive, too. Sorry I don't have more exact details.

Ditto.

Maybe we had the same "friend"!

Edited by LongTimeLurker