April 2007: Non-b Requirements In Penang And Kl

Has anyone been to Penang or KL lately? I am planning to go to Penang or KL in May to apply for my Non-B as a teacher. I have learned from other posts that WP3 is a requirement in Penang.

1) What about in KL? Is WP3 a requirement too?

2) How long does it take to apply for the WP3 at the Alien Control Division of Ministry of Labour?

I don't know, but don't be surprised if they also require a police criminal records clearance thingie from your country of nationality, as well, or the country you lived in once, or whatever. Also, don't be surprised if they never heard of such requirement. Good luck.

I got some info recently off the Thai Embassy in Hull website regarding police checks. They implied the law required that if you are residing in Thailand you apply for the police check here, at Rama 1. Hmm... Special branch too. Sounds worrying.

3 sets of fingerprints, "certified" passport photocopy, copy of work permit (if available) (?),

2 photos, oh. and an envelope and stamps so they can post the cert to you. Or come round and drag you off....

I believe your're not even supposed to be allowed in the Kingdom if you have "previous" Ummm.

What denotes "a resident" i dont know.

Marriage and an Imm O is the way to go.......