Phuket, Samui and Phi Phi could be first Thai destinations opened to foreign tourists

webfact

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Or will the tourists arrive and experience being shunned by the locals, generating even more damage to tourism.

Seems to me that our loud mouth deputy PM is partly responsible given his anti farang/dirty farang comments. Perhaps he should consider a few quick careful statements to try to reduce the damage he has done to tourism, to jobs, to income etc.

*smiling phuket guy brandishing slingshot while mask slips down on face.jpeg*

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Or will the tourists arrive and experience being shunned by the locals, generating even more damage to tourism.

Seems to me that our loud mouth deputy PM is partly responsible given his anti farang/dirty farang comments. Perhaps he should consider a few quick careful statements to try to reduce the damage he has done to tourism, to jobs, to income etc.

Give it a rest mate 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

And the name of the hotel where they will be quarantined for their first 14 days

No problem, Professor Doctor Boris Johnson seems to have decided unilaterally that quarantine is no longer needed, a simple test at the airport on arrival will be sufficient. New case numbers in the UK are rising already in anticipation, lol.

20 minutes ago, naryan said:

Every Thai person I meat wants the country to open up, I do not go by these proper gander poles they are as rigid as the last election and as honest as the government! 

Polls means nothing, Last time they asked about 1900 people about their opinion.

Hardly a accurate view of the general population of Thailand.

If you ask 1900 people on Phuket you will get a complete different result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As long as they keep that 14 day quarantine rule and the $100,000 CV19 insurance policy running then there will not be anyone coming here. Even their repatriation flights seem to have someone on almost every flight that has CV19 and the situation is not going to get better as the year goes by and then turns the weather colder around the world which in turn spreads this virus fast and easier.. I just do not not see a major outbreak not happening here if they open up the borders. It is inevitable once the flood gates are open.

• Like 2

He was however right about masks. Have to give him that one. Even if he doesn’t always wear one himself

6 hours ago, webfact said:

One of the principal attendees at the meeting, Wanthana Jaengprajak a deputy at the Thai Ministry for tourism and sports, revealed that it was "very important" that the people are asked their opinion before tourists are allowed back in.

lol

government not in charge anymore ...nobody cares except to fill their own pockets

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zzzzz said:

living here, i do not feel shunned, ostracized or set upon by any thai, nor do any of my friends here.

Difference is, tourists will come from countries with covid, you are living in Thailand. 

7 minutes ago, fred110 said:

Difference is, tourists will come from countries with covid, you are living in Thailand. 

true

and looking at me on the beach without a mask on, practicing social distancing, (which is quiet easy on empty beaches ????), or walking thru the malls wearing a mask, can you tell if I live here or if if i just arrived the day before?

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

true

and looking at me on the beach without a mask on, practicing social distancing, (which is quiet easy on empty beaches ????), or walking thru the malls wearing a mask, can you tell if I live here or if if i just arrived the day before?

We're talking about today not the future. Thais are ok with you because you aren't an outsider. If tourists arrive that might change.

• Like 2