Good Tatto Shops?

mr khon tattoo in lamai is famous since years, clean, friendly and great work!

you can check out their website too www.mrkhontattoo.com

they moved recently to opposite magic resort.

I have used about 4 different artists on samui,i am very pleased with the out come.Chane is one of them,he has 2 studios,1 in nathon,the other in chaweng,down the side-street between the 2 beach road entrances to the green mango soi,his free hand designs are great!another is in fishermans village opposite the 'the pub'.

There are so many to choose from,at the end of the day it is personal choice,good luck!

Pi Noi at Big Buddha temple, too. Best Thai artist I know and great tattoos. Second shop on the left when entering the temple area.

NOI IS THE MAN! I have been around the world more times than i can count.Noi is the only dude who has ever impressed me. I wish i wasnt so covered so i could get some really big pieces from him. Their are millions of tattoo dudes out thier but very few artist.Noi is a well know painter that has been apart of shows presented before the king. He was an artist first and started tattooing to supplement his income. He is the only artist in asia to ever be sponsored to lecture at a tattoo convention in the united states. I have been planning to go stay thier for a week to get him to fix all my mistakes but just havent had time. Anytime i get down thier though i go to see him just to spend a day talking with him.he is the guy you sit down in front of and just give him your skin.tell him some things you like and let him do what he does. Create beautiful art! I wouldnt let any one else in the world touch me but him.

<br />
Pi Noi at Big Buddha temple, too. Best Thai artist I know and great tattoos. Second shop on the left when entering the temple area.
<br /><br /><br />NOI IS THE MAN! I have been around the world more times than i can count.Noi is the only dude who has ever impressed me. I wish i wasnt so covered so i could get some really big pieces from him. Their are millions of tattoo dudes out thier but very few artist.Noi is a well know painter that has been apart of shows presented before the king. He was an artist first and started tattooing to supplement his income. He is the only artist in asia to ever be sponsored to lecture at a tattoo convention in the united states. I have been planning to go stay thier for a week to get him to fix all my mistakes but just havent had time. Anytime i get down thier though i go to see him just to spend a day talking with him.he is the guy you sit down in front of and just give him your skin.tell him some things you like and let him do what he does. Create beautiful art! I wouldnt let any one else in the world touch me but him.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sounds great, but doesnt he charge more than other tattoists? Seeing he is this famous big shot artist.

<br />
<br /><br /><br />NOI IS THE MAN! I have been around the world more times than i can count.Noi is the only dude who has ever impressed me. I wish i wasnt so covered so i could get some really big pieces from him. Their are millions of tattoo dudes out thier but very few artist.Noi is a well know painter that has been apart of shows presented before the king. He was an artist first and started tattooing to supplement his income. He is the only artist in asia to ever be sponsored to lecture at a tattoo convention in the united states. I have been planning to go stay thier for a week to get him to fix all my mistakes but just havent had time. Anytime i get down thier though i go to see him just to spend a day talking with him.he is the guy you sit down in front of and just give him your skin.tell him some things you like and let him do what he does. Create beautiful art! I wouldnt let any one else in the world touch me but him.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sounds great, but doesnt he charge more than other tattoists? Seeing he is this famous big shot artist.

Hex,would you put a price on something you will carry around for life?I think an artist would come with a price tag,but then depends on what you want done.

If you want a bubble gum sticker, "a heart that says mom with a dagger through it" then you can go to any shop and you will be in ignorant bliss. Your going to pay by the hour unless it takes under an hour then you will pay more percentage wise. It will be their for the rest of your life so if you your going bargain price hunting ,good luck . Nobody knows he is famous and he will not brag about it. The only reason I knew is because I read an article about him in an American art magazine. And the first time I went to Thailand I wanted to meet him so I made Koh Samui one of my stops. He is very humble indeed. His only fans that hang around him are his 6 year old boy and his wife. He is very poor. No books to look at and no bubble gum stickers all over his walls. Not even a studio. He tattoos on a straw mat in his living room floor. but maybe sitting in a shop with a bunch of kids and tourist comparing the size of the chicken bone shoved through their nose and painting each others toe nails black is more your speed. your going to go to a shop point to something on a wall that you will probably see on 3 other guys when you get down to the beach. He is going to say ok, lick it, stick it, and “next"! You tell Noi an idea he will hang out with you all day talking about your idea. He will talk to you about how it will look at 10 ft vs. close up. He gives you more ideas that will make your idea unique. He will draw a sketch of it and walk around the room looking at your stupid idea. He acts like everything he does is going on himself. Then he will tell you to comeback tomorrow to get started on your tattoo. Nobody takes this much time or really cares about your tattoo. Hey man, do what you want but when you’re on your deathbed you will still be looking at that dam tattoo. really really think about it!

http://www.on-samui.com/big-buddha-tattoo/index.html

Hex,would you put a price on something you will carry around for life? I think an artist would come with a price tag, but then depends on what you want done.

Too, true, Roo. Hex, I do not think Pi Noi charges more than others. But, based on your comments and focus on money, I suggest you go somewhere else and do not try to belittle a person I hold in great esteem. Pi Noi lives frugally and is also one of the most beautiful spirits I know. Of the three true geniuses I have been blessed to know in my life, Pi Noi is one. He is the only Asian artist I know who can paint and create abstract works on par with that of many great western artists. I swear his soul is an amalgamation of Picasso, Gris and a dash of Rembrandt. He has also created sculptures from his scavengings of jetsam, and has the kindest regard for all people, especially those struggling along their paths.

I did an art show with him and several local artists in Lamai many years back. An aggressive South African woman wanted to buy one of his paintings and demanded that he sell it to her. He refused at any price. "That painting has a part of my soul," he told me, "and I do not want it to be with a bad person like that."

So, you go find a nice tattoo artist for cheap somewhere else, Hex. I reckon Pi Noi would suss out your intentions right away anyhow and refuse to serve you, even if he had no money for the rent.

Oh, Bernie, glad you admire Pi Noi, too. Thanks for your comments.

Edited by Jet Gorgon