Savannakhet, what now?

On 7/30/2020 at 6:36 AM, Barney13 said:

I get my non O in Savannakhet every year, expires 1st Oct. Used up 60 day extension already. Last week tried to borrow 400k before 26th but to no avail(gov. gave us one week to get the funds for 2 month seasoning). Today went to imm and they said I could get a temp. extension of stay based on if I could get the money in the next week or so(cant use monthly method as this needs proof etc). This is getting urgent now, and I would like to know where Ubon Joe is to help us, as he is a big advocate of using Savannakhet/Hoh Chi Mihn for this type of legal visa. Why cant they just set up temp. borders inside Mae Sai for example to do a simple 90 day in/out stamp? HELP!

Really??? Have you been sleeping under a rock for the last 3-4 month? If so welcome to reality. You should have planned this a month ago maybe? Then you would not have the problem you have now, right? After that you almost blame the most knowable man on this forum that always give us good advices. He can only tell you how it is. Not help you to do the things you need to be able to stay in Thailand. You´ve had plenty of time to fix the money situation, so why wait until too late and then complain?

I guess you just better find a way. You put yourself in the position you are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2020 at 12:28 PM, BritManToo said:

Not all that urgent as there's an amnesty until 26th Sept ..... and probably another one after that.

Or you could just use an agent and pay 25k for a retirement extension.

Clearly this is the only clear useful smart reply.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

Not all that urgent as there's an amnesty until 26th Sept ..... and probably another one after that.

Or you could just use an agent and pay 25k for a retirement extension.

i think the price has gone up since then, agent knew the urgent so they upper the price

Matzzon, what you say is garbage, we were told the amnesty would end around the 20th July, which gave us 6 days to season 400k for the 2 months before the amnesty ends on 26th Sept. I would have planned months ago had I known. As for UbonJoe (the most knowable man on this forum that always give us good advices (english please)), I think he needs to help the many many people he has advised about the Savannakhet/HohChiMinh visa method and fast. 

• Confused 2