Beer Lao In Isaan ?

fishbone

I enjoyed a few Beer Laos in Mukadahan last year and also think it is a nice break from the local fare. You might want to ask Richard or Ting at Wrongway Cafe in Ubon since I know they have a fairly good relationship from what he stated with the local beer wholesalers. I think that he is using "wrongway" on TV as his name so you can look him up and PM him.

Cheers.

Mike in Seattle

You might ask Mike at the Pasinee in Korat. He is getting Beer Laos from a distributor/wholesaler somewhere in Bangkok. He came back with 100 cases a couple of weeks ago. Had a "few" myself in Korat yesterday (bottles not cases :o ). Nice beer.

post-171-1177443432.gif

You might ask Mike at the Pasinee in Korat. He is getting Beer Laos from a distributor/wholesaler somewhere in Bangkok. He came back with 100 cases a couple of weeks ago. Had a "few" myself in Korat yesterday (bottles not cases :o ). Nice beer.

post-171-1177443432.gif

I didnt realise that there were two types of Bia Loa.

In Laos recently I tried a dark brew made by them and it was very good.

I have it on "good authority" that the dark brew is excellent. Apparently there are a few different "flavors" of Beer Lao. Pasinee Mike says on his next order, in addition to the regular Beer Lao, he is getting a couple cases of one of the other flavors (don't remember if it is the dark or not). Can't wait to check it out. :o

Edited by Ken

I have it on "good authority" that the dark brew is excellent. Apparently there are a few different "flavors" of Beer Lao. Pasinee Mike says on his next order, in addition to the regular Beer Lao, he is getting a couple cases of one of the other flavors (don't remember if it is the dark or not). Can't wait to check it out. :o

Hi thanks for the answers but what's the Email from Pasinee Mike and the other Question how much for a case is it close to Heineken or San Miguel ???

I heard from a guy in Sisaket that a lebanesrest. in Korat sells Beer Lao , is it true that there is a lebanesrest.?

Finally managed to try the Beer Lao a couple of weeks ago in the "Bell" in CM...Tasted OK but.......N 2 shout about....

Maybe i gotta try a few few more next time to do a proper assessment......yea ...mean-thinks... :o

If you are in Mukadahan you can go to the ferry in the AM. There are guys loading and unloading the boats. Ask them to pick up a few cases.

I think we figured it at about 30 baht a bottle plus tip.

They won't do it in the afternoon by the way.

I agree, it's a good taste and goes well with the local cuisine.

BJ

Hi thanks for the answers but what's the Email from Pasinee Mike and the other Question how much for a case is it close to Heineken or San Miguel ???

I heard from a guy in Sisaket that a lebanesrest. in Korat sells Beer Lao , is it true that there is a lebanesrest.?

The Lebanese Restaurant is the Pasinee. More info for you in a PM. :o

Hey,

why don't you just e-mail the distributer for Thailand and ask?

there e-mail is [email protected]

They supply all locations/distributors in Thailand.

Cheers

Strap

Thank you...........done just that. Cheers

I tried the same but i still wait for an answer. Maybe they are niot interested selling beer in Isaan ?

Hey,

why don't you just e-mail the distributer for Thailand and ask?

there e-mail is [email protected]

They supply all locations/distributors in Thailand.

Cheers

Strap

Thank you...........done just that. Cheers

I tried the same but i still wait for an answer. Maybe they are niot interested selling beer in Isaan ?

I have not received an answer either. But saying that, I have never, ever received an answer to any of my e-mails to a thai firm. I have E-mailed Ciger importers, drink importers, food importers, auto part people, and as yet I have never, never, never, never got so much as an acknowledgement.

Ahhh the local brew. There ain't any beer in Thailand that can hold a candle to Beer Lao and just to top it off you don't get pounding head hangovers as there is no chemicals added unlike most other beers in the region.

As for the varieties they are:

BeerLao 5% The standard Lager Beer

Dark BeerLao 6.5% Stout/Ale

Light BeerLao 2% Lager Beer

Although the other year when I returned and the two new varieties had been introduced I ordered up a Dark then a Light - I was hoping the Light was a white Hoegaarden-style beer only to shocked and repulsed that it was a Low Alcohol variety! :D Although that said it actually didn't taste bad! :D

Tiger Beer is now in Lao along with Carlsberg however I can't see anyone other than tourist drinking it! So the current 99% market for BeerLao I think will be very safe! :o

I was quite surprised to see an importer in Thailand as I thought the Thai government had actually banned the import of BeerLao. Although it's everywhere here it's a bit scarce elsewhere since the factory is pretty much at full tilt for the Lao market, but a new even bigger plant is under construction in Champasak (south-ish) which will make it more available.

Anyway I put half a crate in the fridge an hour or so ago - proper 640ml bottles none of this export 330ml crap! So I think I'll go crack open a cold one. :D

Hi

So you ask the guys on the Thai side to get a few cases from the Laos side and do you pay them on delivery or when you order or both ? Take it there are no "taxes" to pay ?

Can they get the dar beer lao too ? Is that about 30bt for a 640ml bottle too ?

Cheers

If you are in Mukadahan you can go to the ferry in the AM. There are guys loading and unloading the boats. Ask them to pick up a few cases.

I think we figured it at about 30 baht a bottle plus tip.

They won't do it in the afternoon by the way.

I agree, it's a good taste and goes well with the local cuisine.

BJ