Thailand must welcome back Chinese tourists now says leading tourism chief

webfact

On 8/3/2020 at 11:10 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

They want best of both worlds. Tourist money is welcome but not the tourists themselves. A tricky one. 

Good point .

IMHO.  I don't think the present Government /Junta  who will be in power long time / democracy ?.

Are really that concerned about Tourist money . They have more profitable options..

Foreigner's / Aliens, we are not as important as we like too think we are ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

I have it on good authority, that they ARE already back!

Groups of Chinese are roaming freely in Siam Paragorn or on Samui.

Where they come from and how they got in?

Well ...it seems to be an unsolveable mystery... 

When the CCP tell the junta to jump the junta say how high.

Thailand is a vassal state of China and China call the shots.

Edited by Aussie Col
  • Like 2

On 8/3/2020 at 7:41 PM, Expat Tom said:

These people are complete idiots!!!!!! Two points:

1) I talk to people in China EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!! I have found no one who is leaving China anytime soon. They are not even traveling within China

2) Where do these idiots in BBK think the CCP Wuhan, China, Coronavirus came from?????? DUH ?! CHINA

Please do a nationwide survey (not just in Bangkok) and ask the Thai people if they want to people who gave the world the Asian Flu (1957), the Hong kong flu (1958) SARS, the Avian Flu, the Swine Flu and now the CCP Wuhan Coronavirus to come back to Thailand. Their per capita spending is low. Their Bio-load on the infrastructure is high, The people advocating for the good old days of roads clogged with tour busses full of Chinese who paid for 95% of their trip in CHINA must be on the payroll of CHINA. All of ASEAN is lining up to confront Chinese aggression in the region and Thailand wants them back???? Exactly WHY?  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in someone's pocket.

Very well said. I actually want to reply to that just so that gets posted again.

Not much i can add, but as far as Chinese and Thailand goes, i think a lot of it has to do with the projects that the Chinese are financing in Thailand.

As you said..BIG $$$$$

That means a LOT of contracts going out and of course, when that happens in Thailand there are probably some very nice ummm "consultancy" fees going into certain pockets.

On 8/3/2020 at 2:38 PM, thequietman said:

Don't ask me why, but when I read your post, I seen 'Dick' and even though I knew it wasn't on closer inspection. I actually have to make myself say 'Dead'  ????

Dick is much more fitting in this case.

23 hours ago, steevjee said:

Thailand are awash with Covid

Fake news.

23 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I would say that the Chinese are the last people that should be allowed in to Thailand, but they do need to do something fast about letting other tourists in for the sake of peoples jobs and the economy.

Much worse would be letting in a second wave of the virus which would cause panic and potentially devastating impact on other, as yet relatively unaffected industries.

The overseas tourism industry is dead for the foreseeable, we just have to accept that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pookondee said:

Very well said. I actually want to reply to that just so that gets posted again.

Not much i can add, but as far as Chinese and Thailand goes, i think a lot of it has to do with the projects that the Chinese are financing in Thailand.

As you said..BIG $$$$$

That means a LOT of contracts going out and of course, when that happens in Thailand there are probably some very nice ummm "consultancy" fees going into certain pockets.

Not just that Thailand has the largest overseas Chinese community in the world outside Greater China. 11 to 14 percent of Thailand's population are considered ethnic Chinese. The Thai linguist Theraphan Luangthongkum estimates the share of those having at least partial Chinese ancestry at about 40 percent of the Thai population.

This explains the somewhat irrational pro-China fetish in Thailand almost on its own.

Almost half the Thais have Chinese family connections.

On 8/3/2020 at 5:25 PM, randy723 said:

if you let them in i hope that you are the first one they give the covid-19 to 

Yes China has no friends because they tried to speed the covid-19 across the world so they could be the number one country in the world and they did not care about killing millions of people,. Now you want to let them back in so they can wipe out Thailand. Stop thinking of your pocket and think about the Thai that Love and have lived here for 15 years, but as soon as they come back me and all my friend and Thai family are out of here for good. 

If you welcome China  say good bye the a healthy Thailand

Randy say what you think the narrative is, but I would question why the US funded the BL4 labs all over the world including with China Wuhan and then backed out last year, having worked on gain of function of coronavirus.

I think you will find UN/WHO/CDC/World Bank/WEF institutions advising on Global lockdowns have already a Global preparedness Monitoring Board for this eventuality & reported in 2019 have a lot more to do with COVID19, than just reporting. The UN include this as part of their sustainable development Agenda goals re-expressed as recently as March  its why people are having their rights abused and small business destroyed under the context of this Influenza and most Govts have signed up to this well established plan.

Do you think the Global elite, said undemocratic institutions referenced above have been preparing this for over 30 years are doing this for our benefit?

Govts are involved they just cannot afford to reveal this to their citizens , notable  exceptions Bulgaria, Sweden Bulgaria just recently.

All orchestrated in plain sight, there were other attempts or test runs with other viruses that never materialized as pandamics previously , but the pandemic definition changed recently and with the  main media alongside now ( Big Tech ) performing the UN agreed censorship of dissent for them. Let's hope the America Republican Party wins the US Election or we will herald in a different world and the so called sustainable development Era starts in earnest , Global control and governance.

I think the terminology thst is generally used is False Flag operation

Best Regards

John

Chinese will flood back in because other countries don't want them. Does anyone really believe the truth has been told about Covid 19. Thailand has done a good job restricting the spread why open the borders yet. Australia is an example of how quickly this virus can spread if you don't stay on top of it.

47 minutes ago, golli said:

Chinese will flood back in because other countries don't want them. Does anyone really believe the truth has been told about Covid 19. Thailand has done a good job restricting the spread why open the borders yet. Australia is an example of how quickly this virus can spread if you don't stay on top of it.

The topic is about a tourism boss and what he wants. It has nothing to do with real life because of current restrictions due to the emergency decree which is still in effect. Never listen to anything TAT says. Travel bubbles won't happen imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, Selatan said:

If you are a customer of a restaurant, would you expect the restaurant owner to accept your idea of barring the entry of some customers of a certain race or nationality that you dislike?

Fairly common for the restaurants, hotels and business catering to Chinese.

They don't use it if other foreigners are allowed.

Chinese only!

Edited by BritManToo

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Fairly common for the restaurants, hotels and business catering to Chinese.

They don't use it if other foreigners are allowed.

Chinese only!

Never encountered such an attitude by China tourists. It may be true that they prefer to eat at restaurants catering for them because of language and menu choices. But to say they wouldn't go in if they see other foreigners are served too - that's nonsense.

10 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Never encountered such an attitude by China tourists. It may be true that they prefer to eat at restaurants catering for them because of language and menu choices. But to say they wouldn't go in if they see other foreigners are served too - that's nonsense.

I'm just gonna put you on ignore, I have no reason to read posts by people who deny reality.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I'm just gonna put you on ignore, I have no reason to read posts by people who deny reality.

Well if you do need a reason, it's always good to keep in touch with the latest CCP propaganda. Get it fresh. That's why I never use ignore. Know thy enemy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Selatan said:

138740970_15802684908551n-1.jpg

index.jpg

On 8/4/2020 at 3:22 AM, rasmus5150 said:

Good luck with Iphones, Ipads etc. Made in China

???? China is done. The entire world is shunning them. And we will not be back to give them another chance for at least several DECADES. 

Thank god! 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 2:00 PM, golli said:

I'm not sure the average low class Chinese tourists that come to Thailand will have cash to travel in the coming years. The Chinese economy is going to be in really, really bad shape as big countries decouple. Japan has been doing it, US/UK also. More to follow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

???? China is done. The entire world is shunning them. And we will not be back to give them another chance for at least several DECADES. 

Thank god! 

You have too much faith in the human species ;+) They will win in the end, they have always been better at the long game than the short lived western governments who only see their futures in the next couple of years.

14 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

You have too much faith in the human species ;+) They will win in the end, they have always been better at the long game than the short lived western governments who only see their futures in the next couple of years.

I think we Farang underestimate ourselves. It's not by accident that we are on top. 

The Chinese might be focused in the long game but what if their strategy is wrong? Then they will have been focused on the wrong things, for a long time. 

• Like 1