Application for 60 day extension on multi-entry NON-O (effective 26th September)

15 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Yes in normal circumstances i have done it before on past non-o and visa exempt/tourist visa but with this amnesty and that info graphic they published short term visas would have only 2 options to extend (medical/embassy letter)

I would not take the infographic as being that serious as far as what it says about the 2 types of extensions. I am sure they will do any extension if you qualify for it. I think it is meant for those that don't have any other option.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Yes in normal circumstances i have done it before on past non-o and visa exempt/tourist visa but with this amnesty and that info graphic they published short term visas would have only 2 options to extend (medical/embassy letter)

You should not take that InfoGraphic Announcement (see attached) as gospel.

Immigration did a terrible botch job with that one, and each of the 3 topics they addressed is multi-interpretable.

announcement Immigration.jpg

59 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Anyone with a visa exempt or tourist visa entry been to Bangkok immigration to ask about 60 day extensions?

With that little info graphic they had it seemed only medical or with visa letter extension would be possible if on short term visa.

The 60 days extension can only be used if you're married or have a Thai kid. The problem is the way immigration offices interpret the announcement about extensions. Some only accept a 30 days extension based on sickness or an embassy letter, some accepts the 60 days extension being applied for anytime before September 26 (actually September 25). 

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would not take the infographic as being that serious as far as what it says about the 2 types of extensions. I am sure they will do any extension if you qualify for it. I think it is meant for those that don't have any other option.

So, what's your comment about posts where applicants actually being denied at their local immigration office to apply for the 60 days extension while others in other provinces have been told it's totally ok? The problem imo is what we think the announcement "is meant for" is not what several offices think. They are not reading between the lines, even if some offices (the smarter ones) are.

Edited by Max69xl

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

So, what's your comment about posts where applicants actually being denied at their local immigration office to apply for the 60 days extension while others in other provinces have been told it's totally ok? The problem imo is what we think the announcement "is meant for" is not what several offices think. They are not reading between the lines, even if some offices (the smarter ones) are actually doing that.

Quite. I like the optimism on here but saying sure they will do any extension doesn't seem to be the case. Moreover, the police order which doesn't mention the visa type as a suggestion anyone can get it can be interpreted in both positive and negative ways. We are on amnesty, this has never happened before, we don't have visas at all anymore. And so it seems some IO's don't know how to interpret the rules or what to do with us. Hopefully they will figure things out in the coming weeks, it shouldn't be one rule for some and another for others when it comes to basic policy. 

I am aware of the requirement of being married or having a Thai child (i qualify on both and did these on both grounds in the past).

So there are no Bangkok CW immigration reports about this yet?

I do have a sick child i take care of almost all myself and being away for a month including quarantine would be a huge problem but doubt that would make any difference with IOs.

Edited by Jackie66

4 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Quite. I like the optimism on here but saying sure they will do any extension doesn't seem to be the case. Moreover, the police order which doesn't mention the visa type as a suggestion anyone can get it can be interpreted in both positive and negative ways. We are on amnesty, this has never happened before, we don't have visas at all anymore. And so it seems some IO's don't know how to interpret the rules or what to do with us. Hopefully they will figure things out in the coming weeks, it shouldn't be one rule for some and another for others when it comes to basic policy. 

Normally when they don't have a clue or maybe don't understand the issue 100%, they quite often say "can not". 

7 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

I am aware of the requirement of being married or having a Thai child (i qualify on both and did these on both grounds in the past).

So there are no Bangkok CW immigration reports about this yet?

I do have a sick child i take care of almost all myself and being away for a month including quarantine would be a huge problem but doubt that would make any difference with IOs.

"and being away for a month including quarantine would be a huge problem"

Where are you now? 

7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"and being away for a month including quarantine would be a huge problem"

Where are you now? 

I am in Thailand but i would have to leave and come back. I assume all in a month or more away.

There is also supposed to be a school holiday that time (after sep 26th) but with the late start of school they said no holidays this year. If there was a holiday i could take my kid with me and come back with him and just stay in quarantine together but as i said it seems no school holidays this year or maybe just a week.

1 minute ago, Jackie66 said:

I am in Thailand but i would have to leave and come back. I assume all in a month or more away.

There is also supposed to be a school holiday that time (after sep 26th) but with the late start of school they said no holidays this year. If there was a holiday i could take my kid with me and come back with him and just stay in quarantine together but as i said it seems no school holidays this year or maybe just a week.

I don't know where you from, but what makes you think you'll be back in one month? There's been posts about people waiting for months to get the CoE incl booking flights, Covid-19 tests, fit-to-fly certificate and the hotel for the quarantine. There also have to be a repatriation flight that time. For example, in August there are only 3 flights from the UK with Thai Airways according to articles online.

24 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Yes, the usual inconsistency problem on how different IOs will handle a particular application.

We are still in the early days but I have started collecting Amnesty-based 'cases', based on actual applications or enquiries at different IOs.

This in order to provide fact-based information when an applicants IO is not willing to handle a specific application, so that I can direct them to a more 'accomodating' IO in another province.

Of course relocating is a 'crazy' option, but if you are with your back against the wall and there are no other options, you could consider it.

For your info >

Relocating would require a rental contract for a place in that other province, and with that rental contract do your TM30 (or TM27) change of address at the local IO of that province.

Physically relocating is not required, if you prefer staying in your present place, but you might need to be there during the 'under consideration' period of a 1-year extension of stay application for reason of Marriage, during which your local IO might visit your place, to check whether you are actually 'living' there.

14 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, the usual inconsistency problem on how different IOs will handle a particular application.

We are still in the early days but I have started collecting Amnesty-based 'cases', based on actual applications or enquiries at different IOs.

This in order to provide fact-based information when an applicants IO is not willing to handle a specific application, so that I can direct them to a more 'accomodating' IO in another province.

Of course relocating is a 'crazy' option, but if you are with your back against the wall and there are no other options, you could consider it.

For your info >

Relocating would require a rental contract for a place in that other province, and with that rental contract do your TM30 (or TM27) change of address at the local IO of that province.

Physically relocating is not required, if you prefer staying in your present place, but you might need to be there during the 'under consideration' period of a 1-year extension of stay application for reason of Marriage, during which your local IO might visit your place, to check whether you are actually 'living' there.

What happens when immigration officers starts asking questions to neighbours in the condominium building about the marriage and how often they see this married couple if you keep saying that it's not necessary to live there physically? Moving temporarily to another province while being single and maybe retired is one thing, because immigration has no reason to question you about it. But when being married and having a Thai wife not being able to lie to immigration officers in uniform is another story. Then you have to move back again and do the TM30 once more in the local immigration office. In my opinion, it's not the best advise. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

What happens when immigration officers starts asking questions to neighbours in the condominium building about the marriage and how often they see this married couple if you keep saying that it's not necessary to live there physically? Moving temporarily to another province while being single and maybe retired is one thing, because immigration has no reason to question you about it. But when being married and having a Thai wife not being able to lie to immigration officers in uniform is another story. Then you have to move back again and do the TM30 once more in the local immigration office. In my opinion, it's not the best advise.

When applying for a 60-days extension of stay (for reason of visiting your thai wife / dependant thai child) there won't be any visit to the place where you 'relocated' to.  It will be given on the spot if you meet the requirements (which includes a rental agreement of a location in that province so that you can do your TM30 (or TM27) to legally relocate there at the IO, before doing your 60-day extension of stay application).

You can then relocate back to your original province if you prefer staying at your old place, and then do the application for the 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O marriage Visa at the end of the 60 days from that.  It will not only provide you the time needed to meet the 2-month seasoning requirements of the financials (in case you still need to start with that).  But most importantly, it will allow you to do your 1-year extension of stay application from a 'valid' permission to stay (and not from an Amnesty one, which some IOs will not accept).

If you already used the 60-day extension of stay, there might be some issues if you do NOT stay at the new location during the under consideration period, when IO makes a check-visit (not all IOs do that by the way).  But once your 1-year permission to stay has been approved, nothing can stop you from relocating again back to your original place.

I would be interested to hear some 'better advice' from you, for people that are with their backs against the wall because of their local IO not accepting their applications for a 60-day or 1-year extension of stay, because of being on the Amnesty.

Waiting in anticipation...

• Like 1

So we need a valid and current rental contract to get the 60 day extension (to visit Thai wife)? I ask because my contract has expired yet we remain in the rental house per verbal agreement with the landlady. Will I need to renew this contact before getting the extension? And should I expect a visit from immigration after getting the extension? Thank you.

Edited by bamboozled

1 minute ago, bamboozled said:

So we need a valid and current rental contract to get the 60 day extension (to visit Thai wife)? I ask because my contract has expired yet we remain in the rental house per agreement with the landlady. Will I need to renew this contact before getting the extension? And should I expect a visit from immigration after getting the extension? Thank you.

It would depend upon the office you apply.

They might accept a statement written by your landlady that your contract has been extended.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

So we need a valid and current rental contract to get the 60 day extension (to visit Thai wife)? I ask because my contract has expired yet we remain in the rental house per verbal agreement with the landlady. Will I need to renew this contact before getting the extension? And should I expect a visit from immigration after getting the extension? Thank you.

The visit is mandatory in most of the provinces.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

60 day extension is granted on the spot and i have never had a visit from anybody. Probably did 10 or so 60 day extensions in the last few years.

My bad. I meant of course the 1 year extension if needed after the 60 days extension. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

When your current IO is unwilling to accept your application for a 60-day extension of stay (for reason of visiting your thai wife / thai dependant child) because you are not on a 'valid' extension of stay but on the Amnesty, you could relocate to a more accomodating IO in another province.

But in order to apply there for the 60-day extension of stay you would need to relocate to a place in that other province first.  To relocate you would need to file a TM30 (or TM27) at the IO of that new province, and that TM30 requires that you show evidence that you are now 'living' there, so a rental contract preferably also with a copy of the housebook of the place you are staying will do the trick.

After having done the TM30 you are now officially staying in that province, and can then apply for the 60-days extension of stay, which will be provided on the spot.

So NO 'visit' by Immigration as some uninformed members claim.

And once you have the 60-day extension of stay, you can then relocate again to your previous province.  The difference being that you are now on a 'valid' permission to stay and will then normally be able to apply for the 1-year extension of stay at your old IO.  In case you deal with a real rogue IO in your own province, you could of course apply for the 1-year extension of stay in the province you relocated to.  But then it is POSSIBLE that IO will provide you with an announced or unannounced visit during the 'under consideration period' to check whether you and your wife are really living in that place.  So worst case you have to stay there 3-4 weeks before your application is approved.  And once you have the 1-year permission to stay stamp in your passport, you can then relocate again to your old province.

So this is a valid option when you are with your back against the wall because of your local IO unwilling to handle your application for the 60-day or 1-year extension because of you 'not being on a valid permission to stay' but on the Amnesty.

In that case it's just a matter of finding a near-by (or far away for that matter) province with a more accomodating IO.  E.g. Kanchanaburi IO confirmed they will handle your application for the 1-year extension of stay even when being on the Amnesty.

• Like 1

Hey all,

I am also planning my 60 day Non-O extension to buy some time for long-term options.
My question is if a rental contract is always required?

Over the next month I'll be at an airbnb, while looking for a long term condo. Could I provide the address and say I am staying with a friend? Or is it absolutely necessary to have a rental contract.
Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences

2 minutes ago, Allardice said:

Hey all,

I am also planning my 60 day Non-O extension to buy some time for long-term options.

Over the next month I'll be at an airbnb, while looking for a long term condo. Could I provide the address and say I am staying with a friend? Or is it absolutely necessary to have a rental contract.

The 60 days extension works only if you're married or have a Thai kid(s).

10 minutes ago, Allardice said:

Hey all,

I have had to provide a rental agreement and copy of owners ID every time. Plus marriage/birth certificate for wife/kid and the wife/kid have to go with you. It is easier with a kid as there is no questions and extra signing of papers and most IOs like kids ???? they might ask where is the wife but just say she had to work.

Some people live in hotels but those also provide rental agreements. 

Edited by Jackie66
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Allardice said:

Hey all,

HI,

It's not a 60-day Non-O extension, it's a 60-day extension for reason of visiting your thai wife / thai dependant child.  It does not matter on which Visa (or extension) you currently are to apply for that 60-day extension but you can only do it once per entry in Thailand.

To apply for that 60-day extension you need to meet the following requirements:

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it.  You will also need to bring the house-book (as well as a copy of it) from the place where you and your Thai wife are staying.

To prove you are still married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

As we were discussing 'relocation' to a more accomodating IO that would handle your application for the 60-day extensions, a 'rental contract' was mentioned as an example of proof that you are living in a place in that province.  If you or your wife owns a place in the province where you want to apply you can obviously use your own house-book. 

It's just a matter that you have a formal place where you are staying in that province, so that a TM30 (or TM27) can be done at the local IO, confirming that you live there.  And that will open the possibility to apply for the 60-day extension of stay. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info both of you... yes I figured as much! 
Will try and get that sorted before heading there. 

Excuse the lack of research, one more question-
Will we have to head to tempoary centre in Muang Thong Thani or the usual Chaengwattana for the 60 day Non-O Extension for visiting Thai family ?

4 minutes ago, Allardice said:

Thanks for the info both of you... yes I figured as much! 
Will try and get that sorted before heading there. 

Excuse the lack of research, one more question-
Will we have to head to tempoary centre in Muang Thong Thani or the usual Chaengwattana for the 60 day Non-O Extension for visiting Thai family ?

It's NOT a 60-day Non-O extension, it's a 60-day extension for reason of visiting your thai wife / thai dependant child.  It does not matter on which Visa (or extension) you currently are to apply for that 60-day extension but you can only do it once per entry in Thailand.

Better get that straight, or posters (or worse IO) might misunderstand what you are applying for.

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

HI,

It's not a 60-day Non-O extension, it's a 60-day extension for reason of visiting your thai wife / thai dependant child.  It does not matter on which Visa (or extension) you currently are to apply for that 60-day extension but you can only do it once per entry in Thailand.

To apply for that 60-day extension you need to meet the following requirements:

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it.  You will also need to bring the house-book (as well as a copy of it) from the place where you and your Thai wife are staying.

To prove you are still married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

As we were discussing 'relocation' to a more accomodating IO that would handle your application for the 60-day extensions, a 'rental contract' was mentioned as an example of proof that you are living in a place in that province.  If you or your wife owns a place in the province where you want to apply you can obviously use your own house-book. 

It's just a matter that you have a formal place where you are staying in that province, so that a TM30 (or TM27) can be done at the local IO, confirming that you live there.  And that will open the possibility to apply for the 60-day extension of stay. 

So I need to bother my landlady for her house-book? And not a copy of the house-book where my wife officially resides? I imagine the landlady will be reluctant to give her original house-book to someone to go off with, whatever the reason. I know I would be hesitant. Certainly if you reside in a rented condo or apartment, what house book are you bringing? I'm ignorant, for sure, but is a condo manager going to give you the house-book of a 100 room building so you can run down to immigration with it or do they have a different method? thanks!

8 hours ago, bamboozled said:

So I need to bother my landlady for her house-book? And not a copy of the house-book where my wife officially resides? I imagine the landlady will be reluctant to give her original house-book to someone to go off with, whatever the reason. I know I would be hesitant. Certainly if you reside in a rented condo or apartment, what house book are you bringing? I'm ignorant, for sure, but is a condo manager going to give you the house-book of a 100 room building so you can run down to immigration with it or do they have a different method? thanks!

Your landlady is required by thai law to notify the local Immigration Office of every foreigner staying at her premisses within 24 hours of their arrival.

It's that TM30 notification by which you prove that you are residing at that place.

If your landlady did not notify the local IO you might encounter problems when applying for an extension of stay as most IOs require that such a TM30 notification has been done.

I did sent you a PM on how to register the place you are living on the IO TM30 website and then file a TM30 on-line of yourself or any foreign guest staying at your place.

You can register to the IO TM30 website 'on behalf' of the landlady (but you would need a scan of the house-book as well as a scan of the front/back of her Thai ID-card, both copies signed by her).  You can also register as 'tenant' and then would only need a copy of the rental contract and your passport ID-page.

> To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged-in to the Forum

• Like 1

Is it possible to get a 30 day ext. for reason of visiting Thai family, after you have already gotten a 60 day ext. for reason of visiting Thai family? I haven't seen any posts about this, so was hoping that might give some of us a total of 90 days from 26 Sept. for a border to hopefully open to do a border hop for ME visa.