Cambodia Post resumes services to select countries

geovalin

Cambodia Post yesterday resumed its overseas parcel services to selected countries after suspending it for several months due to the spread of COVID-19. On April 18, Cambodia Post decided to suspend the delivery of parcels to all countries after the pandemic disrupted air transport almost completely.

Ork Bora, director-general of Cambodia Post, said on its website yesterday the decision to resume the international parcel service was made after negotiations with an air carrier. He said although not all countries do so because of the pandemic, there are a large number of countries that accept postal deliveries, especially in Europe, the United States and Australia.

Cambodia Post has informed customers that it has resumed its EMS (Express Mail Service) with a new temporary charges arranged during COVID-19 for outbound international mail effective from yesterday. It said the service is available to Australia, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, UAE, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherland, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, US, and Canada.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50751315/cambodia-post-resumes-services-to-select-countries/

Great news indeed - United Kingdom is on the list. At long last I'm off tomorrow to my local Post Office in Siem Reap with letters to the UK regarding pensions payments from my Thai bank into my new Cambodian bank account. Eventually, no more money will be paid into a Thai bank - yippee!!

23 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Cambodian post is ultra expensive, more that most countries.   Who cares if they are open?

I do, and at whatever the price! Cannot be as bad as DHL which wanted 78 US$ per A4 letter from Cambodia to England!! At least we are back in postal contact with the UK and other countries. Out of interest, does Thai Post now offer International post services??

Out of interest and for reference (quote Post & Parcel):-

Postal prices: The global top 10

Face value  
1 Norway  
2 Denmark  
3 Jamaica  
4 Peru  
5 Switzerland  
6 Finland  
7 Japan  
8 UK  
9 Belgium