Used Car - Best Place to Buy - How to find?

Thomas J

12 hours ago, bodga said:

plenty of 19 year  cars  available on various websites.

Yeah but grossly overpriced. Thais expect to recoup the interest costs they've endured for the last 7 years when selling a used car.

23 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Kenchamp

How were you "conned" by Russian criminals.  It seems as though a large number of the ads on Facebook Marketplace for cars are Russian.  Not surprising since I would "think" that they are significant buyers of cars in Thailand.  However I know that many Russians are car/junk dealers and often sell salvaged vehicles that have been in accidents or flood.  How were you conned? 

I wasn't conned. You are quoting something Thomas J said.

What i will say is that very recently a friend of mine did some investigating with a main dealer on a car that a Russian was selling on facebook. It turned out that the car had been in a heavy collision and had also had an engine change. The car was only a few years old and showing around 25k km.

If like me, you regularly browse facebooks marketplace then you will get familiar with various profiles, selling the same vehicles and a bit of searching often leads you to Russian people who like to use English sounding names.

• Like 2