CR DLT Wait list to Renew 5 Year Driving License?

OneZero

Is anybody aware of a CR DLT covid19 backlog leading to a waiting list to renew 5 year driving license?

In Pattaya-Jomtien to renew you take paperwork to DLT & are given a date to return for further work.  The delay for one applicant was about 9 weeks (1st visit 05Aug & told to return 14Oct).  See link:

So  You have a Car, free time, dont make a fuss. Go somewhere else, theres plenty of other local offices even up country, i just did mine and cant remember the area offhand. Plus it makes a change to see new ways to make something so easy into a problem.????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pineapple01 said:

So  You have a Car, free time, dont make a fuss. Go somewhere else, theres plenty of other local offices even up country, i just did mine and cant remember the area offhand. Plus it makes a change to see new ways to make something so easy into a problem.????

So you think I have a problem by asking for information?

Do you see a problem in many things?  Get a life

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, mojaco said:

Just did mine in CR today.  8:30 stopped at Immigration for a Residence Certificate.  9:00 at CR DLT to renew my 5 year car license.  Color blind test.  Peripheral color test.  Watched 1 hour video in English on driving laws and safety.  Paid 505 Baht and should have been done at 11:15 but DLT computer system nationwide went down until 12:50.  Done at 12:55.

No reaction time or depth perception tests like in the past.  Place only about 1/3 full so alternating seating sufficient, blessedly.

I didn't make an appointment at DLT, just stopped in.  Happily there was an English speaking helper who checked my documents and got me quickly through the registration process at the start.

Thank you for a very helpful post.

• Like 1