Cheap Calls From The Uk?

chutai

These are the ones i use

http://www.18185.co.uk/index2.php

1P per minute to Thailand (to both fixed lines and mobiles)

0.5p per minute to USA (to both fixed lies and mobiles)

I've looked at most of the call discounters, and the thing that swung the above one for me was the fact that you get calls to UK fixed landlines at............. ZERO pence per minute

Penkoprod

Thanks fellas.

Once registered BT customers can access this service by dialling 18185 immediately followed by the complete follow-on telephone number...

Excuse my ignorance of the obvious? But does this mean that you include the zero in the personal number. As in 18185 0066 0851234....etc?

PS

Is it OK to phone landline UK to mobile Thailand ?

Thanks for bearing with me.

Edited by chutai

You can also buy international phone cards from most corner shop style outlets, they're fairly cheap calls, go bananas is probably the cheapest brand for thailand. BT also do a service for approx 2p per minute.

Cheers for that.

Tried those card thingies before , John. But found that they tend to go a bit bananas (no pun) sometimes. Unless they've improved considerably in the past couple of years?

I'll look into the BT thing too. Sounds fairly reasonable - if there's no extras on the already outrageous line rental.

Edited by chutai

Telesavers 08448612121 calls cost 1p per minute to landline or mobile to Thailand,Telesavers have various rates changing constantly with different prefix numbers ranging from 1p to 4p per minuute from uk but the the current affor mentioned number is currently 1p per minute and has been for about 4 months now.will update if this increases in near future and will find one of there new promotions that will offer the 1p rate,but all ok at moment.

Thanks fellas.
Once registered BT customers can access this service by dialling 18185 immediately followed by the complete follow-on telephone number...

Excuse my ignorance of the obvious? But does this mean that you include the zero in the personal number. As in 18185 0066 0851234....etc?

PS

Is it OK to phone landline UK to mobile Thailand ?

Thanks for bearing with me.

Yes to to both those questions

Another good thing about the service is you can add the whole number to your phones internal phonebook, so you dont have to dial 0845.....etc and then wait til it connects and THEN punch in the number you want to dial to

All you need is (using your example) 1818500660851234

Penkoprod

I ultimately registered with 18185 because , as Penkoprod rightly says , you don't have to press in the whole tedius number everytime - but can phone direct through your internal phone book. And frankly the clarity so far has been much better than via 'bestminutes' as well.

Only problem is, that with my pay-as-you-go mobile (O2) , there's a quite heafty tariff @ 25p for the first three minutes and 5p thereafter for 020 numbers. So I'd have to pay that plus the 1p. Still as I expect to to use the landline more, perhaps it's not such a problem.

Whilst I'm at it. :o

Does anyone know if there's any cheaper way to call from Thailand (mobile) other than using the 009 prefix ?

Cheers

*Afterword

Calling via computer isn't really an option. chutai

Edited by chutai