Problems with an Amazon third-party seller.

Dario

Two, three years ago I was raving about Amazon as I ordered items which then arrived at my home blazing fast.

Two years on and I encounter presently a bad time with them. On July 21 I ordered an item which is sold by a third-party seller on Amazon. The item I ordered is a rebounder net which i want my daughter to use for tennis practice at home. On July 21 when I ordered and paid, the item was advertised as "back in stock on July 31."

On July 31 I received a message from the seller Net World Sports USA, that my item had been shipped on July 31, but there was no tracking number mentioned. I sent a message to the seller asking for the tracking number. I was told that the message was sent to me in error. The item was still out of stock and should be in ready to dispatch within 2 or 3 days. Long story short.

3 days ago I was told that they had the item prepared now for dispatch, but today (3 days after) still no message from Amazon that the item has been dispatched. I was already billed on my cc on July 31 and today the cc bill arrived.

Net World Sports USA already announced to me: Refund requests may take longer than expected. We are processing your request as quickly as we can and apologize in advance for any delays. We appreciate your patience.

Yes, Jef Bezos is the richest man on the planet, but I bet, he doesn't know about all the customer's grievances and problems on which he is building his fortune. I guess, now Amazon is a lottery. most of the time an order is sent out fast and arrives fast at the customer's home. But sometimes things go very wrong.

Be advised.

• Haha 1

these things happen with all shops all over the world. Sometimes things are not in stock it sucks. Whati would do is cancel and order somewhere else. Yes you have to wait for a refund but that is how it always is. NOt sure why you make such a big deal out of nothing.

You cannot expect all transactions to always go well.

The seller has sent me an immediate full refund and Amazon sent me additionally a $20 Gift Card. It appears that the item is still out of stock until August 26, although the site shows the item as available. Strange way to conduct business.

I have recently ordered an aquarium LED light from Amazon and it has been shipped by DSL.

Yes I am aware that I might be stung by customs but could not get one in Thailand.

The package started in Fort Washington PA and went to Memphis TN.

It then went to Anchorage AK.

It has now left Anchorage for god knows where.

Is this tour of the USA normal for DHL?

I order lots from both amazon.com and amazon.co.uk. occasionally things go missing or are late. Amazon, or the third party sellee normally sort most things. 

My biggest gripe with amazon is the difficulty in contacting them when there is a problem.

I had messaged them about a missing item, then got cold called about it. Caller knew all the details about said order. Told me there had been a problem with payment. I stupidly gave them card details again and got stung for THB20,000. Luckily my bank froze my card.

Trying to contact amazon to investigate was nigh on impossible.

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

All pretty basic and much too small.

I only found one on Lazada and that cost 15,000 Baht.

More choice and cheaper on Amazon, even with the shipping and tax.

1 hour ago, Malawi said:

I have recently ordered an aquarium LED light from Amazon and it has been shipped by DSL.

Yes I am aware that I might be stung by customs but could not get one in Thailand.

Probably not i had a purchase on ebay (Levis shrink to fit 501 from LA) something wrong with postal tag it went round the world twice before being delivered

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malawi said:

Who knows because recently is same as how long is a piece of string.

In your order details it will show an estimated delivery date, and orders from Amazon have custom charges included

10 hours ago, Susco said:

Who knows because recently is same as how long is a piece of string.

In your order details it will show an estimated delivery date, and orders from Amazon have custom charges included

Now in Japan. Delivery status shown as some time in September although current shipping shows as next Thursday 20th.

No mention of tax being collected so I can expect a customs tax.

Unfortunately, in recent years Amazon has just become an outlet for Chinese Sellers. 90%+ of people/companies selling through "Fulfilled By Amazon" are based in Chinese. Most of the product reviews are bought or written by company employees and most of the products have Fake CE or FCC certification. Do not trust anything bought off Amazon as being genuine unless it is from trusted international brand.  

• Like 2

On 8/16/2020 at 11:14 PM, Dario said:

The seller has sent me an immediate full refund and Amazon sent me additionally a $20 Gift Card. It appears that the item is still out of stock until August 26, although the site shows the item as available. Strange way to conduct business.

To Amazon's defence I must add that the refund showed up on my credit card balance within 24 hours! Add to this that for the mishap of their third-party seller Amazon gave me a$20 Gift card. Very impressive, I must say! Since I do not trust that 3rd party seller at all, the only option left for me was to order the same product (made in China, I guess) from Walmart. I use Shop and Ship US to send the item to Thailand. Let's see how much I'm charged for this. First time I use them.

wodoworm 7x7 01.JPG

wodoworm 7x7 02.JPG

Edited by Dario

On 8/17/2020 at 8:39 AM, Malawi said:

Yes, very normal. From the US east coast it is transported to the carriers main hub in the US and from there via Anchorage to Thailand.

Normally you won't be stung by any charges if this purchase is completely handled by Amazon and not a third-party seller. Good Luck! 

For another purchase I made directly with Amazon also in July, Amazon even refunded me 315 Baht they paid less in Thailand for customs duties! 

I regret now I chose such an unfit title for this thread. Maybe a mod can change it to: Problems with Amazon third party seller. 

Edited by Dario