Moving data from old iphone to new one. What about google authenticator?

bbabythai

14 hours ago, ColinChapman said:

Assuming you have both phones, install Authenticator on the new phone then use the export accounts function in Authenticator on the old phone to generate a QR code that you scan with the import accounts function in Authenticator on the new phone. If you have many accounts, it might generate 2 or 3 QR codes. This is for Android, apologies if the Authenticator app on Apple is different.

I just checked and in the Google Authenticator app on Apple there is (unfortunately) NO export accounts function. If there was then it would be easy.

14 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The answer is in post #26 

I was just replying to an Android User who said the Google Authenticator App on Android has an export function, and I checked and the App on iOS doesn't have that.

The Google Authenticator App (on iOS) is good but absolutely LACKS some needed features.

Edited by MJCM

7 hours ago, MJCM said:

The Google Authenticator App (on iOS) is good but absolutely LACKS some needed features.

Some features are available via the web as iOS has a different security model. So it is unlikely that a security app will function in exactly the same way on both platforms.

On 9/19/2020 at 5:17 PM, lagarto said:

All you need to have is iTunes in your PC or laptop and backup your phone and any new iPhone after you can restore all your data. pictures and contacts using iTunes. good luck and stay safe.

Except E-banking apps