SCB - revised Terms and Conditions for the Use of the Bank’s Electronic Services

Currently stuck outside of Thailand due to flight restrictions etc. but still have Thai bills to pay and the house to look after in my absence.  So like to keep an eye on my Thai baht finances of course.

This morning tried to login into SCB (had an account with them for more than 20 years), and was "invited" to sign up to presumably-revised Terms and Conditions.  There was no explanation, no outline of changes, no short summary to explain this.  I scrolled down to find the update was 15 pages long and so took the "Cancel" option as opposed to "Accept" - thinking I might be able to bypass the page or - if not - read the 15 pages in due course.  The result was I was declined access.

Does anybody know what this is all about?  Do I/ we really have to read 15 pages of small print? Thanks for any insights.   

...nothing stating what changed, but from the website they've updated the terms and conditions three times just this year; June, July and now August:

https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/products-services-terms-conditions/easy-app.html#2020

image.png.69a818c4156c172349dc93dbd36e6b10.png

You can use an online side-by-side document compare site to see what's changed

https://draftable.com/compare

image.png.8365e505d53c7e2f06b38ac05706abc3.png

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Without bothering to read I always click accept on any Terms and conditions, what else can you do?

Who read that!? If you not accept you cant use service! Dosen't matter what there read! And maybe don't understand anyway they law txt!

I know a few of my banking apps always need me to read/scroll the new T&C and click 'Accept' before being able to log in.

Is the OP still declined access? Maybe the app updated and because the OP declined to accept and is using a foreign IP address, he's now locked out?

Makes sense....decline to accept their conditions and they will not allow access....can't even get out of the starting blocks.   Usually when some website/app asks you to accept or decline their conditions it's basically accept or you don't get to use the website/app and/or it's limited access....certain things will not work.

Just go ahead and read the 15 pages one time and click Accept...otherwise, you will not be able to access their site/banking app.  How hard can it be to read 15 pages one time?   Read 15 pages or give up accessing your ibanking....your choice.

• Like 1

If you don’t want to accept then press decline but not sure what would happen as your abroad just scroll through the pages and accept these changes and conditions are normally more security related if your worried about the bank going bust your money is guaranteed by the Thai government to a certain limit I think it’s around 2 million baht.

Edited by crazykopite

It is lazy of the bank to not attach a list of the changes.  I write an email to customer services each time and ask them what has changed.  They do reply.  Third world banking.  If enough people ask, they may actually start doing it

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

If you don’t want to accept then press decline but not sure what would happen as your abroad just scroll through the pages and accept these changes and conditions are normally more security related if your worried about the bank going bust your money is guaranteed by the Thai government to a certain limit I think it’s around 2 million baht.

It's 5 million baht right now.

http://www.dpa.or.th/en/articles/view/protection-limit

image.png.4aee690d9e36ddec8878a14497eb04b1.png

I also have an SCB account and am in UK, so I logged in this morning to see what the OP meant.

I was presented with the "update T & C" page which I've seen many times before, so i proceeded through it clicking "next" until it reached the final page headed "Consent to Disclose information for Marketing Purpose". On THAT page I chose to "Decline", then pressed Next again whereupon it proceeded as usual to my account page.

@tomdfcMy conclusion: all is normal - nothing to worry about.

image.png.8e91f68451ca7411a50a799a162bc70c.png

Edited by VBF

UPDATE to my post #11

At the same time as I received the usual "Automatic notice of login" email I received another email with the updated T&C in Thai and English - this has also happened before.

44 minutes ago, VBF said:

UPDATE to my post #11

At the same time as I received the usual "Automatic notice of login" email I received another email with the updated T&C in Thai and English - this has also happened before.

still 15 pages of the same information to read every few weeks.  With just a few words changed

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toany said:

It is lazy of the bank to not attach a list of the changes.  I write an email to customer services each time and ask them what has changed.  They do reply.  Third world banking.  If enough people ask, they may actually start doing it

It seems like you are the lazy one if you prefer to write an email to customer service instead of reading it. Why do you even want to know about the changes? They have to inform their customers by law, and the changes most likely won't affect you. Some banks let you download the new T&C as a PDF.