Where in Thailand to source new "good + cheap" after-market pair of matching headlights for Mazda Tribute year 2003 ?

Dear Fellow Thaivisa.com Posters,

I would greatly appreciate yer most helpful constructive replies to the following question ;

Where in Thailand can I source, & have then properly fitted, a pair [ L.H.S. & R.H.S. ] of "good + cheap" new after-market headlights to replace the O.E.M. ones in my Mazda Tribute Year year 2003 ?

Thanking all yee who read, & especially who reply accordingly to, this thread.

Regards,

Our Man in the Tropics

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Places in the USA that have them and ship...

https://www.carid.com/2003-mazda-tribute-headlights/

Will attract 30% import taxes so should be consided into the hassle of buying offshore.

Mazda Tribute is a rebadged ford Escape, maybe Ford Escape headlights which are available here (Bt5500 a pair on Lazada) will fit.

5 hours ago, transam said:

Places in the USA that have them and ship...

https://www.carid.com/2003-mazda-tribute-headlights/

USA lights are right dip (LHD car). You need left dipping for RHD cars.

I don't think that the big aftermarket lighting suppliers (TYC, DEPO) make a version for RHD vehicles, so you may have to go to Ford/Mazda or look for used units.

A "Used-Parts-Seller"-cum-"-Garage" is offering me a pair of -- I guess OEM rather than aftermarket -- Mazda Tribute [ or Ford Escape ] "U-S-E-D" headlights for the princely sum of THB 7,000 ;

AND,- fitting would cost, I expect, at least THB 1,000 extra.

He describes them as "Zenon".

The outer lens of the Headlight assembly is much more transparent than mine ;

Mine are very opaque ;

And,- I think that they are not capable of being restored to transparent condition ; 

But,- I may be wrong with that pronosis.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Seller of Ford Escape Year 2004 Headlights offered on Lazada.co.th says in respnse to my question that they cannot fit into Mazda Tribute Year 2003

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I GREATLY STRUGGLED TO COMPOSE THIS PREPLY AGAINST MY COMPUTER O& / OR INTERNET ACTING UP

I wish to thank all posters above for very helpful responses to this topic.

Update ;

@ Kwasaki, & Transam, & Don Mega ;

The costs extra -- postage & insurance & inport fees inter alia -- to the retail price mean that sourcing replacement headlights abroad to be prohitiatively expensive, & prone to misfortune logistically & customs-wise, for me ;

Anyway,- here is Mr. Monopolize's amazon.com result just at time of composing this post ;

https://www.amazon.com/Mazda-Tribute-Replacement-Headlight-Assembly/dp/B0024NSUAI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

@ Don Mega ;

I will re-activate enquiries about applicability of Ford Escape Headlights offered currently on Lazada.co.th fitting this Mazda Tribute ;

It often is wise not to accept validity of 1st or other early "No" answers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

@ Hauptmann UK ;

U brought to attention vital point about L.H.-drive versus R.H.-drive being critical considerations in selecting headlights ;

I had not thought of that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

@ Kildonan ;

I paid THB 300 to bush-tree good & honest mechanic who was enthusiastic in his promise that he could - using wet & dry paper & lubricants inter alia -- restore the condition of thee lenses to their former glory ;

Result was no appreciable difference whatsoever.

I suspect that mine are too much decayed in lenses [ very opaque ] that they are irretrievable.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

@ Bansgr ;

I also considering the bulbs issue

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

@ Hauptsmann UK ;

I still have open mind for an impressive offer to restore condition of the head-lights lenses.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lancastershire Lad ;

U make good points

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Like 1